Author Topic: damn what happened to hip hop?  (Read 967 times)

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
Re: damn what happened to hip hop?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
gaymestarr is just mad cuz his favorite rappers suck ass

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2011, 09:29:20 PM »
gamestarr and tha few individuals know just as much about hip hop as much as toddlers do about tha real world

bouli77

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2011, 01:37:40 AM »
south came in the mix...both cost that originally was hatin on each other..started hatin on the south...

I don't think both coasts were hating on each other. The East were hating on the west but the west were heavily influenced by the East (makes sense since most rap music was coming from there) and the early rappers were all fans of the big names from the east but started hating back at some point. And I don't think the West has been hating that much on the South either, maybe lately but there were South/West connections as early as the early 90's (and you know that better than me I'm sure). The Geto Boys and The Convicts almost signed to Death Row. Cube, RBX, Spice 1, MC Eiht, Richie Rich, Too $hort  all did major collabos with South cats during their heyday(mr mike, willie d, crime boss, scarface). Rap-A-Lot had a few westcoast dudes on their roster (CJ Mac & Poppa LQ, Seagram, Menace Clan, and later Yukmouth). Even on underground albums like El Kaye's Money making recipe had south features like Al Kapone and the Taylor Boyz. Not to mention the "Southwest riders" compilation put out on Sick Wid It. I think the number one hater has always been the east who looked down on a type of music but then jumped on their remixes and then some artists would adapt to the current trend.

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:17 AM »
please kill yourself if you think hip-hop is dead

Mainstream hip hop is dead  ;)
Underground hip hop is still alive  ;D

So tell me what was the latest underground project to drop which was just mind blowing?

I won't. Not on this forum.... i don't want to start another argue on what's good what's not.  lol
Seriously now. You guys should stop moaning about how hip hop sucks these days. It don't. Just make a research. I'm sure you gonna find something special for you. Of course it's not that easy as turning on the radio but if you want to hear good music you should give it a try. And i'm not saying this to disrespect you. I was moaning just like you do not that long ago. But then i found out i was wrong.... peace... and good luck

I really do spend a lot of time goin through songs, checkin for that new dope shit and even some way old shit Ive havent caught up on yet.

I just think majority of new releases suck. Then we have Revenge of The Barracuda, Book Of David and Firing Squad to give us hope. Trials Of The Blackhearted and that Mack and Malone joint wasnt bad either.

There is still hope. Just a lot of bullshit too.

i feel you... well i think it also depends on what you are looking for. I'm not into gangsta/hardcore rap that much recently so i haven't checked new indie releases yet.
I'm more into easy-listening jazzy rap nowadays. And i'm more than happy with new releases :)

Aight then. What type of names you recommend then? Im open for basically any genre of music I just want dope music!!  ;D

If you're open-minded you should check out dutch rapper Pete Philly. I'm impressed with his old and new projects lately. Not that long ago he put out free album "Open Loops". His music is quite specific so it's going to be hit or miss for you. Give it a try. Fortunately he is rapping in english.
I'll give you more examples if you like it. I'm truly impressed with the whole dutch rap scene...

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2011, 02:53:43 AM »
I am feeling this pete philly track.....got some musical sense there
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »
LMFAO at trying to recommend euro rap im open minded but i aint tryna to listen to no damn euro wigger...i wouldnt even understand what the fuck he sayin! ima stay where hip hop is from...AMERICA

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2011, 09:30:11 AM »
Damn I mean 2004 2005 you had game, lil flip came hard with game over in my opinion, young needy came out hard, then after that hip hop just went to lean with it rock with and its been a wrap after that.

Word... I mean, I didn't like Lil Flip, but I agree with the point your making.  It's like Nas said in an interview once he said when 50 came out with Get Rich Or Die Trying it was the last time he felt like hip-hop was really alive.

That's why Nas 2006 album Hip-Hop Is Dead was so timely, and perfect for the times.  I really felt it did mark a death in hip-hop.  And I love that album even though most others at the forum don't agree with me.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »
2010 was better than 2006 for hip hop

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
Spice 2 u heard dusted and disgusted right
Bullets aint got no names

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »

40 dat nigga

BLUNTTYMECC

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
Damn I mean 2004 2005 you had game, lil flip came hard with game over in my opinion, young needy came out hard, then after that hip hop just went to lean with it rock with and its been a wrap after that.

Word... I mean, I didn't like Lil Flip, but I agree with the point your making.  It's like Nas said in an interview once he said when 50 came out with Get Rich Or Die Trying it was the last time he felt like hip-hop was really alive.

That's why Nas 2006 album Hip-Hop Is Dead was so timely, and perfect for the times.  I really felt it did mark a death in hip-hop.  And I love that album even though most others at the forum don't agree with me.

2006 is ten years after 1996

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2011, 10:14:14 AM »

2006 is ten years after 1996

The Summer of 1996 represented the climax of hip-hop.  And Sept. 13th 1996 represented only the beginning of it's slow decline.  Then it's death was certified when Nas dropped Hip-Hop Is Dead in 2006.  Understand?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:42 AM »

40 dat nigga

shit is classic, i wonder who hasn't

The Summer of 1996 represented the climax of hip-hop.  And Sept. 13th 1996 represented only the beginning of it's slow decline.  Then it's death was certified when Nas dropped Hip-Hop Is Dead in 2006.  Understand?

well that's your opinion. some purists say rap peaked in 88 and became diluted after that.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:24:07 AM by bouli77 »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
Straight Outta Compton marks the death of hip hop, when it became about being hardcore instead of being able to spit

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:28 AM »
LMFAO at trying to recommend euro rap im open minded but i aint tryna to listen to no damn euro wigger...i wouldnt even understand what the fuck he sayin! ima stay where hip hop is from...AMERICA

lol. yeah. you've just proved you're really open minded. First of all... he ain't no wigger. just a guy who raps. can't you see the difference? besides he's from Aruba (south america. he moved to Amsterdam)..so yes... 'wigger' word fits him perfectly smh. and he raps english perfectly (and his accent is more american than uk). but yeah... you're right.. open minded guy like you wouldn't understand his music...

now you guys know why i didn't want to recommend anything. this forum is not a good place for this... lol... open minded people hate before they even check sth out...smh

peace

edit: hey BLUNTTYMECC. you're listening to American rap only. ok i understand that.but how about trying to learn something from your fellow citizens? keep in mind half of this song was made by a wigger ;) :
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:43:05 PM by shoo »