Author Topic: What if Eminem would of retired in 03'/04' when he was thinking about it?  (Read 465 times)

kuruptDPG

I wish one of these dudes really would retire on top. Remember when dre said "give me one my platinum plaque then fuck rap, you can have it back"? Shit wouldve been soo dope if 2001 was really his last album then he spent the rest of his career as a producer / ceo.

i think this is the case now lol

Lunatic

LOL, no way.
This because "Encore" sucked so bad, would still have tainted his legacy. Now if he retired after "The Eminem Show" (a very solid album IMO), now that would be a different story.

exactly what I was just typing until it said that another reply was posted  :)
Haha
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
I wish one of these dudes really would retire on top. Remember when dre said "give me one my platinum plaque then fuck rap, you can have it back"? Shit wouldve been soo dope if 2001 was really his last album then he spent the rest of his career as a producer / ceo. This detox game is gonna fuck up his legacy a bit. Even if the album is a classic, no album is worth the wait. Especially one that includes "I need a doctor".
the damage is done already, he even admits it on Die hard

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wish one of these dudes really would retire on top. Remember when dre said "give me one my platinum plaque then fuck rap, you can have it back"? Shit wouldve been soo dope if 2001 was really his last album then he spent the rest of his career as a producer / ceo. This detox game is gonna fuck up his legacy a bit. Even if the album is a classic, no album is worth the wait. Especially one that includes "I need a doctor".

Did that track ever leak properly?

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
I would like to believe that most rappers do what they r doing not for their legacy but for the love of music. Plus any artist that starts off wanting to be a legend in the game rather then wanting to make good music usually end up not making it big. I dont look at an artist "legacy" I just look at how good his music is and I am glad he keeps putting out more music.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

Did that track ever leak properly?
nope :-\