Author Topic: Daz & Snoop letters to Suge Knight on tOO gANGSTA FOR RADIO ALBUM  (Read 2226 times)

MistaNova

Re: Daz & Snoop letters to Suge Knight on tOO gANGSTA FOR RADIO ALBUM
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2011, 11:29:39 PM »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:49 AM »
LMFAO Suge is comedic gold. I hope none of y'all believe that. Snoops was obviously to get the crips to turn against him, and Daz's I didnt even read. I saw the first few words of a name were laid flawlessly so I know it's not from him lol.

Viva Suge Knight

love33

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
While I also disagree with Suge being compared to socialites like Paris and the Kardashain sisters, I dodn't subscribe to the rest of what you're saying. Suge was actually far more the business guy at first. I think he got more involved after Doggystyle and I don't think it was all necessarily for the good. All Eyez is not the best rap album of all-time. It's a good collection of great Pac party tracks but it doesn't have the smooth transition from track-to-track that say a Dre-produced album like The Chronic did. And where exactly did you hear that Suge chose the tracks anyway? I think his strength was his aggressive dedication to the business end. And it was Ruthless Records that brought gangsta rap to the mainstream, not Suge Knigh.

In several interviews, Suge talked about selecting the tracks and how he had to pick the best ones from a pile of over 200.  If you checkout the making of All Eyez On Me, Suge coordinated the whole thing -- "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" was Pac's first song when he brought him back, Suge called up K-Ci & JoJo to get them to record with Pac ("How Do U Want It," "If U Play Your Cards Right," etc.), and pushed Pac and Snoop to record "2 of Amerikkaz Most Wanted."  I recommend checking out 'The Making of All Eyez On Me.'  Also, Suge selected tracks for DJ Quik's "Safe and Sound" album around that same time.  Good point about Ruthless, but Suge took the brand of "Gangsta Rap" to levels it had never seen before far surpassing Ruthless..but you def have a point that Ruthless laid the groundwork for success and Suge and Dre just packaged it and took it to places it had never gone before.

As far as the album itself goes, I would have to say hands down "All Eyez On Me" is the greatest album ever.  I think it showcases the West coast artists coming together all in the pinnacle of their careers and gangsta rap hitting the top of the charts.  There was a lot of reality behind those lyrics as to what was really going on in Pac's life; so it's all real to me.  I would say that "Doggystyle" or "Chronic" is probably the second best of all time.  But even if you want to go sales, you can't argue with the success of "All Eyez On Me."

Okka

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
I recommend checking out 'The Making of All Eyez On Me.'

Where can i check that out?

MarshColin

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:58 PM »

There was one in XXL way back. Not sure if that's the same one he was talking about.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 02:03:48 PM »
scans

love33

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 02:38:00 PM »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/126280/The-Making-of-All-Eyez-on-Me

Checkout this link, they have most of it up on there.  It's a great read.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »
that is snoops handwriting
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 08:13:23 PM »
As far as the album itself goes, I would have to say hands down "All Eyez On Me" is the greatest album ever.  I think it showcases the West coast artists coming together all in the pinnacle of their careers and gangsta rap hitting the top of the charts.  There was a lot of reality behind those lyrics as to what was really going on in Pac's life; so it's all real to me.  I would say that "Doggystyle" or "Chronic" is probably the second best of all time.  But even if you want to go sales, you can't argue with the success of "All Eyez On Me."
I would never try to claim it wasn't succesful but to call the greatest album ever, let alone the greatest in rap, is an overstatement. It's a great album but I wouldn't call it the best Pac album or the best Death Row project. It's an awesome album but too many folks are blinded by guest features.

love33

« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:32 PM »
I would never try to claim it wasn't succesful but to call the greatest album ever, let alone the greatest in rap, is an overstatement. It's a great album but I wouldn't call it the best Pac album or the best Death Row project. It's an awesome album but too many folks are blinded by guest features.

Man, when you listen to that album you can feel California...I feel California in that album...you can't say that for a lot of albums

OG Filthy Wimp

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
Is Snoop saying he is the shot caller of the 60's?? WTF
SO THERE I WAS EATING A BURGER AND FRIES WITH SUGE KNIGHT....

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 11:09:43 PM »

Man, when you listen to that album you can feel California...I feel California in that album...you can't say that for a lot of albums
What is the fuck is your point?  So an album's greatness is depended on how much it "feels like Calfornia"? I'm not arguing that it's not a West Coast album or that it doesn't have its share of California-based themes but truthfully, I think that's why both Me Against The World and Makaveli are both better albums.

Nassir

• Lil Geezy
  • It costs to be the boss, and its gettin no cheaper
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:43 AM »
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE ARE FUCKIN FAKE!

They are real. Bitch Dogg and Crack Dillinger wrote them in 1999 and they were inside the TGFR album sleeves. Real talk. Get over it.

2euce 7even

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2011, 03:18:05 AM »
The niggas that hang with me are Long Beach Crips. All they need is to get high and they'll do anything. Now, I know ever since you been hollerin at that nigga Keita Rock. You heard I'm the shot caller for the Rollin 60's. So that means I don't have to pay them shit. They ain't nothin but some Snoop Dogg groupies anyway.
damn he dissed the long beach crips at least he clowned them. how is snoop shot caller for the 60s when he from 20´s?

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOSE ARE FUCKIN FAKE!

They are real. Bitch Dogg and Crack Dillinger wrote them in 1999 and they were inside the TGFR album sleeves. Real talk. Get over it.

wow, a true Row fan straight from the year 2001, awesome