Author Topic: Daz & Snoop letters to Suge Knight on tOO gANGSTA FOR RADIO ALBUM  (Read 2229 times)

Schreibs21

Re: Daz & Snoop letters to Suge Knight on tOO gANGSTA FOR RADIO ALBUM
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
Lol Suge Knight is like Kim Kardashin and Paris Hilton.. famous for absolutely nothing.. ok he got Dre out of a contract and helped him start Deathrow label.. but we saw how successful it became after dre left... No musical talent, no business sense, just a big thug from a gang... Oh yea... he got one of the most talented artist killed...

I disagree, at one point Suge Knight was one of the top cats not just in rap, but in the music industry, he was responsible for packaging "gangsta rap" into the mainstream with the deals he cut with interscope and viacom.  He picked all the tracks (executive producer) on those legendary death row albums.  And not to mention, All Eyez On Me was the best rap album of all time and Suge selected those tracks.  His second generation roster was dope too IMO Top Dogg, Crooked I, Tha Realest, Soopafly, with Daz & Hutch as producers he just never got a chance really.  Now Post-2003, he's been a complete joke, postponing his albums then losing his label and still involving himself in reckless behavior.  But before 2003, I would say he was a top cat and one of the first black men to make it in the music industry to the top.  He screwed it up for himself by crime, shelving all those albums, not promoting and releasing albums, and screwing up his taxes and not properly fighting the lawsuits.

while Suge Knight was the executive producer for all the albums, he was only in name only until All Eyez On Me, with the exception of a few things here and there. It was Dre that did all of the stuff for the Chronic, Doggystyle, MWTC, ATR, and Dogg Food.

F-cisco

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2011, 09:03:53 AM »
I always wanted to read the letters, thanks for posting them.

love33

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 02:35:28 PM »
Lol Suge Knight is like Kim Kardashin and Paris Hilton.. famous for absolutely nothing.. ok he got Dre out of a contract and helped him start Deathrow label.. but we saw how successful it became after dre left... No musical talent, no business sense, just a big thug from a gang... Oh yea... he got one of the most talented artist killed...

I disagree, at one point Suge Knight was one of the top cats not just in rap, but in the music industry, he was responsible for packaging "gangsta rap" into the mainstream with the deals he cut with interscope and viacom.  He picked all the tracks (executive producer) on those legendary death row albums.  And not to mention, All Eyez On Me was the best rap album of all time and Suge selected those tracks.  His second generation roster was dope too IMO Top Dogg, Crooked I, Tha Realest, Soopafly, with Daz & Hutch as producers he just never got a chance really.  Now Post-2003, he's been a complete joke, postponing his albums then losing his label and still involving himself in reckless behavior.  But before 2003, I would say he was a top cat and one of the first black men to make it in the music industry to the top.  He screwed it up for himself by crime, shelving all those albums, not promoting and releasing albums, and screwing up his taxes and not properly fighting the lawsuits.

while Suge Knight was the executive producer for all the albums, he was only in name only until All Eyez On Me, with the exception of a few things here and there. It was Dre that did all of the stuff for the Chronic, Doggystyle, MWTC, ATR, and Dogg Food.

Suge was Executive Producer on "The Chronic" -- It was Suge's idea to push Rage's album back and release Dogg Food; And it was a team effort, Dre didn't do "all of the stuff"; Warren G, Daz, Sam Sneed, Kurupt, Jewell, and all the producers contributed to those albums together, it was never about just Dre or just Suge; but it was coordinated by Suge and Dre was co-owner and lead producer, but it was a team effort

love33

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »

Man, when you listen to that album you can feel California...I feel California in that album...you can't say that for a lot of albums
What is the fuck is your point?  So an album's greatness is depended on how much it "feels like Calfornia"? I'm not arguing that it's not a West Coast album or that it doesn't have its share of California-based themes but truthfully, I think that's why both Me Against The World and Makaveli are both better albums.

All Eyez On Me sold more and Rolling Stone Magazine named it the best gangsta rap album of all time; Me Against The World and Makaveli the Don Killuminati were both great albums too

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »
dont kno about the Snoop-letter, but the one from Daz is legit