Author Topic: Lets be real about 2pac for a minute  (Read 5841 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Lets be real about 2pac for a minute
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2011, 12:59:05 AM »
I'm with you. Don't forget Rahzel either. Don't let him off the hook.

MOON KNIGHT

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
I'm with you. Don't forget Rahzel either. Don't let him off the hook.

Co-Sign !
 8)

Will_B

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2011, 02:57:52 AM »
2Pac is part of online culture...if the internet wasn't getting big in the late 90's we wouldn't have all these weirdo lock-in kids that grew up on the 'culture'.

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2011, 04:20:50 AM »
Tom, this shit is way bigger than what you are talking about.  I know you are simple minded and it's harder for you to grasp deeper concepts.  Really, I don't want to hurt your brain.  My only purpose here is to defend Pac's legacy, because it meant something very real.  

See, what you don't understand is, while you are playing armchair Quarterback; Pac was living out his destiny.  You can't fuck with another man's destiny.  Pac's destiny was to be one of the greatest artists this world has ever known.  In your own, little world, that is not something that you can even begin to wrap your mind around.   See Pac had a destiny to be the greatest of All-time and to do something rarely done in the art world.. to live a life that imitated art, and have your art imitate your life.  This was an amazing feet, and it was his destiny.  He fulfilled that, he fulfilled his dreams.  And he knew it was also his destiny to die young, you hear it in all his songs.  He prophecized that.

I know you guys will laugh and play the sarcastic role.   Because your lives really aren't that meaningful.  So it's harder for you guys to see the deeper meaning in all this.  It makes you nervous because it only exposes the lack of meaning in your own lives.  If only everybody could be low on your level, you could have a shred of self-esteem.

cor jerk to Pac much?

anyway i thought muslim extremists were meant to hate everything to do with the western world including music, your slippin son.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:30:26 AM by JMan / Da Sauce »

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2011, 05:05:20 AM »
I've done a little reading into the subject and I want to set the record straight on the 'rape' conviction people are talking about here.

This is a quote from the book The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders

"Shakur was convicted of three of the nine charges, relating only to non-consensual touching of Jackson's buttocks (typically reported only as "sexual abuse"), and sentenced to one-and-a-half to four-and-a-half years, an extremely harsh sentence."

So, touching of the buttocks is what he was convicted of. That paints a different picture than rape, doesn't it? Even more so, knowing that they would probably have LOVED to put him away for rape.

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
I've done a little reading into the subject and I want to set the record straight on the 'rape' conviction people are talking about here.

This is a quote from the book The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders

"Shakur was convicted of three of the nine charges, relating only to non-consensual touching of Jackson's buttocks (typically reported only as "sexual abuse"), and sentenced to one-and-a-half to four-and-a-half years, an extremely harsh sentence."

So, touching of the buttocks is what he was convicted of. That paints a different picture than rape, doesn't it? Even more so, knowing that they would probably have LOVED to put him away for rape.

I agree, the rape charges against Pac were bull shit but I'm not here to discuss that I never mentioned it at all.

Will_B

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2011, 06:23:07 AM »
And you think I sit at home with a 2pac voodoo doll.

I'll let you into a little secret, I don't really think that. :banana_llama:

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2011, 06:44:17 AM »
I agree, the rape charges against Pac were bull shit but I'm not here to discuss that I never mentioned it at all.

Yeah I know, but it is mentioned twice on the first page, so I felt I should set the record straight on that one.

Not just that, but he fucked up, got locked up with a rape conviction

He was about to go to jail for rape.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2011, 06:50:08 AM »

What an insightful thread this has been to read... :laugh:
This has really made me think about the lack of humanitarians there are in hip hop.  :'(
In fact many probably...cheat on their taxes, toss away recyclables, father children out of wedlock and or perpetuate violence.
Maybe C. Delores Tucker was right after all  ???

This has got me thinking that maybe this could spinoff the start of a series of new threads.
"Let's be real about B-Legit for a minute" or "Let's be real about Coolio for a minute".
Every thread would leave no stone unturned, exposing tax cheats, wife beaters, dope fiends, masons & deadbeat dads.
Anyone who listens to _______ artist will be forced to re-evaluate who really has control of their heart & mind.

Well I must go now, I have a stack of CD's to burn.

Here's a suggestion for the next "Let's be real for a minute" thread.........

MC Hammer

lol 8) 8)

Yeah, I wanted to stop listening to Pac after Tom made me realize that it's Pac's fault that Biggie's kids won't grow up with a Dad and that they will now suffer out the rest of their days in great toil and humiliation.  All because of Pac being a liar.

Tom... I want to know what you think.  I was considering making Common and Talib Kweli my new role models.  Because a couple of your friends on this thread suggested that they never got into trouble like Pac did.  I was just wondering though, if their black nationalism in their lyrics might be an issue.  Because I am a white male, and if I said Common and Talib Kweli are both good men and good rappers, it may mean I have an identity crisis or that I am fueled by "white guilt".   So I just wanted to check with you first to see if you approved of the lifestyles of Common and Talib Kweli before I replaced Pac and made them my new hero's?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Will_B

« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2011, 07:03:03 AM »
Tom... I want to know what you think.  I was considering making Common and Talib Kweli my new role models.  Because a couple of your friends on this thread suggested that they never got into trouble like Pac did.  I was just wondering though, if their black nationalism in their lyrics might be an issue.  Because I am a white male, and if I said Common and Talib Kweli are both good men and good rappers, it may mean I have an identity crisis or that I am fueled by "white guilt".   So I just wanted to check with you first to see if you approved of the lifestyles of Common and Talib Kweli before I replaced Pac and made them my new hero's?

Damn. I Think what you obviously need is a more perfect version of Eminem.

What about Everlast? :laugh:

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2011, 07:11:31 AM »
Brian, your so lost as a human being that it's actually depressing

Raphael

« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2011, 07:21:01 AM »
These words are exactly my thoughts. I was going to respond to his post about 2pac creating culture but i said fuck it and logged out.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2011, 07:46:19 AM »

No really.  I am going to start talking with Tom more to figure out how to turn my life around.   I'm starting to understand the fundamental principals.

-It's okay to like a rappers music, but you have to understand that the bottom line is they are niggers.  They are only here to entertain us, but don't get confused and start considering them to be "good people".  Because we all know that a black rapping nigger is not a good person.  It's just a phase we go through in adolescence, liking niggers and whatnot.

-Again, it's okay to like 2pac's music, or any rapper for that matter, it can be okay to like some of them.  But always remember, not to like anything too much.  You have to go with the general consensus.  People might think your wierd if you really like a rapper a lot.  So it's better to just say you like him a little.  Or one good way to make sure you don't appear to be liking a rapper too much, is you should always downplay the importance of their best selling album, (such as All Eyes On Me) and you should always consider a lesser selling album such as Me Against The World, to be their best.  Because the last thing you want to do is act like you are too big a fan of anything.  Cause in the end these are just niggers we are talking about.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2011, 08:01:01 AM »
Brian has to go to one extreme to another just to justify his beliefs.   Brian where in this thread have mentioned white guilt ?  Why are you bringing up something I never mentioned.  As a matter of fact when is the last time I even mentioned white guilt.  Others have, I won't deny that.  But I get on you for other things but thanks for bringing up something that I never once discussed.  And your whole don't look up to rappers because they're niggers is disgusting.  No one in that thread ever said anything like.  And the fact that your mind went there really says a lot about you and your real feeling for african americans.  The fact your mind went to that ridiculous extreme shows what a down low racist you really are.  You're a disgusting vile piece of shit.

And why won't you answer the question Brian ?  Do you love 2pac more than your own son ?  If Allah cam down right now and said Brian I'll bring back 2pac but I have to take your son, would you do that deal ?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Wow.... Or maybe just don't pick a criminal as a role model, regardless of race.