Author Topic: Who do you consider worst westcoast rapper?  (Read 1150 times)

verbalassaulta

Re:Who do you consider worst westcoast rapper?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2003, 02:18:06 PM »
no for real...snoop needs to take like 2-3 years off and maybe not even come back...really he's a terrible rapper anymore and its just destroying his legacy...look dre know he's a terrible rapper and he does very little lyrical work...but snoop should try something else like helping his artists on his label...cause his label is invisible right now

budsmokeronly

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2003, 03:00:31 PM »
I can't believe a thread hating on westcoast rappers gets this many replies.  Shit, threads on dope ass artists like mac dre, dre dog, celly cell, spice 1, mitchy slick, u know the deal non WCC luved artists, are lucky to get 10 replies.  Sometimes they get no replies.  IMO that is just sad WCC.  Some of u need to quit hatin and start appreciatin.

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2003, 03:02:04 PM »
yeah, i agree with whoever said Mac Shawn & e-40.

The thing that really annoys me about 40 is that in most cases his beats are some of the best beats in the industry. Like that L.I.Q song on BLueprint of a Millionare is FUCCCCCCCCKING HOTTTTTT but he ruins it with his style of rapping. I understand ppl like him, and i  dont think he is the worst rapper at all, but he is pretty annoying when a bad ass beat comes along and he doesnt lace it like i expect.

BUT i remember on one song (forgot which), he rapps just normal without changing his voice and rapos to the beat and sounds HOTTER than Tera Patrick.

Roscoe - hmm.... he's got some catchy shit, but i think he is trying to make a career from being Kurupts brother rather than doing his thing. He's sort of fake to me,  i dont like him.

CITY I RIDE FOR...

PLANT

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2003, 03:08:14 PM »
no for real...snoop needs to take like 2-3 years off and maybe not even come back...really he's a terrible rapper anymore and its just destroying his legacy...look dre know he's a terrible rapper and he does very little lyrical work...but snoop should try something else like helping his artists on his label...cause his label is invisible right now
thats what im saying....i never said snoop was the worst rapper.......im just sayin, he needs time off to re-group.  he was the best in his day hands down, but honestly, when you look at snoop now, i only feel dissapointed becuase i know of his potential and he seems to never live up to it...its honestly the voice and flow he needs back...i like his lyrical content ( sometimes ) now, but he needs his vicious flow back, the flow he had when he just came out of no-where and ripped the fuckin shit outta every verse....nowadays, he sounds lazy on half his tracks, and on the other half, he has a nice flow, but he doesnt have anything new to say....i give snoop huge credit tho, hes been at the top of the game for a decade now, and thats a HUGE accomplishment in the world of rap.  But I expect more from a so-called GOAT or a so-called Legend of this game.  Snoop used to be my favortie rapper, now hes just turned into my favorite person.  I want that favorite rapper SNOOP DOGG back...Honestly , I think some people on here (its happend to me before), they like Snoop as a person and they defend him saying he's still on top of his raps....He is is some sort, like I know and agree that Snoop Dogg is better than alot of other rappers out there, but damn.....The Snoop Dogg  I once heard, would destroy anyone in this game.....ANd I wish he would get back to that status.

Peace, dont hate, let it marinate!

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2003, 04:00:33 PM »
i think Suga Free im sorry cuzz i know alot of ppl luv him and shyt but i dotn like him he aint that good IMO. im out!!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2003, 07:09:33 PM »
SUGA FREE!?...i know what is...people dont like the unorthodox style of 40 and Suga Free...theyre style is to go off beat...like Kool Keith does...or Awol One...i guess i just like that style...its yall opinion...i aint changin it...

Yeah!

• 'G'
  • Don't Get It Twisted!
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2003, 09:10:31 PM »
HOLD UP!!!!!!!!!!!

E-40, Kokane...

People hatin on them made me cringe a little but...

SUGA FREE?

Someone call the police. Im about to faint!

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2003, 11:57:04 PM »
Tha Realist
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2003, 12:15:44 AM »
for me, it's E-40.  he just RUINS nice ass beats.  now I know some of yall dig his "style". but please.  that guy jibbers more than a baby.  and the sad thing is he does it on purpose.  why can't he just rap normally??  he would sound a whole lot better.

another thing we agree on, lol, I can't stand e.  I know some people dig him, but his style sucks to me.  When he triple tracks vocals to the point you can't even understand them without thinkin' your in the grand canyon, I turn the cd player off.

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2003, 12:16:58 AM »
i think Suga Free im sorry cuzz i know alot of ppl luv him and shyt but i dotn like him he aint that good IMO. im out!!!

Man, I like you, LOL... but Suga Free?  He's hot as hell.  Every song i've ever heard him on, he was dope.  Even his 'freestyle' in the Eastsidaz movie in prison was tight.  His voice is awesome, and he's got that cool pimpadelic flow.  

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2003, 01:14:07 AM »
I think E-40 fell off with his last couple jointz, but I think his first 4 albums were pretty tight, his rhyme style is awkward, but like S.G.V. said so is AWOL One, Kool Keith, & Suga Free.  MC Eiht's early work is also dope, but I haven't really even heard his last few CD's.  Suga Free is a str8 up pimp from Pomona, in the house reppin 909.  I don't even think peepz know who AWOL One is.  And I don't know why peepz are always hating on Kokane.  "They Call Me Mr. Kane" is a dope album, 1999 with Mr. Short Khop is off the hook!!  I will admit his choruses can get somewhat redundant, but c'mon how can all the Kokane haterz not have liked him on the "Pop Yo' Collar" OG without gay azz Master P.  Personally it seems like most rappers fall off after their first few albums, yeah their good, but it will never be as good as it once was, for ya'll who have seen Trainspotting, "It's just shit".  This rings true for many artists, I started thinking am I getting old since I ain't feeling one of my favorite MC'z anymore, but it's just that they fell off.  Mo' Fo's need to take this Westcoast shit to the next level.  Shade Sheiste can't rap for shit, but the beats on his album combined with Nate Dogg also had me bumping that shit for a month.  I would still buy any new shit Snoop puts out cuz I can guarantee it will be better than all this other wack shit (Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, Lil Bow Wow, Nelly) being shoved down our throats and played over and over again on these wack radio stations, support underground hip hop, peace!

S.G.V.

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2003, 09:55:36 AM »
I think E-40 fell off with his last couple jointz, but I think his first 4 albums were pretty tight, his rhyme style is awkward, but like S.G.V. said so is AWOL One, Kool Keith, & Suga Free.  MC Eiht's early work is also dope, but I haven't really even heard his last few CD's.  Suga Free is a str8 up pimp from Pomona, in the house reppin 909.  I don't even think peepz know who AWOL One is.  And I don't know why peepz are always hating on Kokane.  "They Call Me Mr. Kane" is a dope album, 1999 with Mr. Short Khop is off the hook!!  I will admit his choruses can get somewhat redundant, but c'mon how can all the Kokane haterz not have liked him on the "Pop Yo' Collar" OG without gay azz Master P.  Personally it seems like most rappers fall off after their first few albums, yeah their good, but it will never be as good as it once was, for ya'll who have seen Trainspotting, "It's just shit".  This rings true for many artists, I started thinking am I getting old since I ain't feeling one of my favorite MC'z anymore, but it's just that they fell off.  Mo' Fo's need to take this Westcoast shit to the next level.  Shade Sheiste can't rap for shit, but the beats on his album combined with Nate Dogg also had me bumping that shit for a month.  I would still buy any new shit Snoop puts out cuz I can guarantee it will be better than all this other wack shit (Ja-Rule, Jay-Z, Lil Bow Wow, Nelly) being shoved down our throats and played over and over again on these wack radio stations, support underground hip hop, peace!
true shit...i think the whole AWOL One thing went right over their head...i like the awkward style shit...just cuz its different...i like kokane too...hes the only person who can sound just like george clinton...that shits tight...

An-Tony-O Montana

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • ScArFaCe In ThA fLeSh MuThAfUcKa!
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2003, 04:53:35 PM »
Tha Realist

i'm tired of ppl spellin' his name Tha Realist... it's Tha Realest n he's tight as fuck... one of the best rappers out right now... he brings nuthin' but heat n he's reppin' for pac more then the laws even and there suposed 2 be the niccas that was down to ride for him n chit... honestly i'm also gonna say snoop... and i hate to say it cuz growin' up snoop was my favorite rapper and no1 can touch snoop doggy dogg from 92-93 n the early 90's he had the sickest flow in the industry but now his flow is terrible... i ain't hatin' i still got mad love for big snoop dogg but i think he need 2 take a year or two off aswell and re-group... i can't wait to hear the 213 album thou, i know warren g n nate will be on point fo sho... it's funny how snoop has fell off over the years and warren n nate have only gotten better and better... warren g progressed lyrically on every album he released... i hope he drops another lp...

~1~

G FUNK IS HERE TO STAY FOR THOSE NON BELIEVERS EAT A DICK UP TILL YOU HICKUP! 8) 8)

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2003, 06:19:17 PM »
Tha Realist gots to be one of tha wackest.... I dont even consider him a rapper... he's a straight joke... Shade Sheist sucks too... I didnt know he was a rich kid... that explains it all. Aint feelin Baby S too much... he had a couple good songs on his Street Fractions cd but I thought most of them were boring...  Spice 1 used to be one of my favorites but he played himself out over tha years... and everything I've heard from him after that Immortalized cd was wack... BIG BIG Dissapointment after I hear his shit now...

Oh yeah... YUKMOUTH... I hate his recent shit too... He used to be dope back  in tha day... when he was a laid back stoner... but now he sounds all cracked out hollerin shit with his regime niggaz...  I hate muthafuckers who just yell into tha mic... that shit gets on my nerves... same reason I dont like Daz nomore...

I would consider Daz to be one of tha wackest now too... his shit sucks lately... Same thing with Too $hort, just I'd rather not speak on Too Short cuz he's too much of a legend to even question...

I dont think AWOL ONE really sounds  like E 40 or Suga Free though... Maybe Jayo Felony, cuz alot of people hate his off beat flow too... I think all them fools are tight though... most tha people I know that dont like E40 dont like him cuz of his voice, and tha way he speaks... he just sounds dumb to them and they might be like "Dumb ass nigger, what's wrong with him? why doesn't he just talk normal!"... but I alwayz had love for him, he's one of my favorites and just everything he does for tha Bay is crazy.... Listen to "Player's Ball", "Captain Save A Hoe", "Big Ballin Wit My Homies", or "Can't Stop" with Mack 10, and then come back and tell me E 40 is still wack....

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Jome

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2003, 09:52:21 PM »
With all the Xzibit-hating lately, it's strange that noone has mentioned him..  ::)