Author Topic: United mother fucking states  (Read 1491 times)

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: United mother fucking states
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 03:09:18 AM »
^^^ So once again:

i'm not the biggest fan of penalty kicks but you're exaggerating a bit when you call that "pure luck each". It's more than that. It takes courage, skills and mental stability to take penalty kicks. That's why there are nations that are notoriously bad at penalty kicks (Italy, England) and nations that are fucking unbeatable (Germany never lost any penalty kick session ever), if that was pure luck the stats would be even for each team. That's a psychological thing more than anything. Basically i view things like this : if you win the penalty kicks, you have proved to be the most capable under pressure, you have shown character and values.

It's based on intuition, self-confidence and skills... of course without skills you can still score a penalty kick, but you're more likely to fold under pressure, especially at a crucial moment like that. now a well-taken penalty can never be stopped, and that's what the germans are excellent at.

Not too hard to understand, right. This ain't a pissing contest which sport is better. I wouldn't waste my time pointing out how lame I think Baseball is.

bouli77

« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 04:35:57 AM »
Hockey is more brutal than soccer no doubt. However soccer is the sport you play on the largest area and that is a very important factor. There's no rotation in soccer and a player has to be fit enough to sustain the pace dictated by the game. Not only is it mandatory for a player to have stamina but you also have to be the fastest to get to the ball first.

120 minutes extra time is already too long imo. You already have a lot of trained professional players regularly dying during 90-120 mn games. If you allow the extra time to go on endlessly until someones scores it's only gonna get worse. Check the following list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

now compare with that list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_players_who_died_during_their_playing_career

there's a few people dying on-ice but a lot less than soccer players dying on-field, that's very telling about how exacting soccer is.

PK is a compromise, a shitty compromise but a compromise still... the international leagues have thought for a long time about another way to end games. the best solution was the one they used back in the day which they still used for the English FA Cup... replay the game when it's a draw. honestly that's the fairest and safest solution. that's what they did for European Cup Finals (i.e. Bayern Munich VS Atletico Madrid in 1972 i think) but today the financial stakes are so high that they can't afford to do that. there was the short-lived Golden Goal (which allowed us to win the Euro 2000 against Italy 8)) where the first who scored during extra-time won the game. and Silver Goal rules where the team leading at the end of the first extra-time half won the game. but they were removed.

I like PK's (whether during the game or to decide the issue of a gae) even though it's not the fairest way to end a game. it shows you who has the balls to go, take responsibilities and show his/her greatness under pressure. it shows you who really wants to win the game and who is shitscared. I'm still hurt to this day that my boy Trezeguet missed his PK's against AC Milan in the 03 CL Final and the 06 WC final. :(

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
Right, 120 minutes (with a break at 45 & a bunch of 15-30 second ones in between) is almost pushing human limits. Despite the fact there are marathon runners who run 26 miles straight in four hours lol.

I mean, I pray you guys watch more Soccer than me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIXWs41EQc&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIXWs41EQc&amp;feature=related</a> You going to lie to me & say everybody is running every single second? It just doesn't happen. Stop talking like it's nonstop all out sprinting?

As for teams having higher & lower percentages on penalty kicks, that's just who has better kickers. It says nothing about it for the goalie. It's still luck. If I flipped a coin 100 times, you think it would land on heads & tails 50 times each? There is just a 50% chance it lands 50 times each. But it can land on heads 75 times. Shit, technically speaking, it can land on heads 100 times. So a goalie can guess right more than others. LOL, I even just watched a Youtube video of Portugal kicking penalty kicks & the announcer said, "Oh, he guessed the right way". Nigga said GUESSED lol.

& you couldn't point out a flaw in Baseball as far as the sport itself. You can say it's slow & boring, but when it comes to picking a winner whether it takes 9 innings or 29 innings, they play the same game they've been playing to determine a winner. You actually can't point out one flaw in Baseball, Basketball or Football. The only thing you could talk about is nonsense like, they use steroids or like I said, Baseball is stoo slow. But as far as how the sport is designed, it's flawless. Until the day they end a Basketball game on a free throw contest, I have a hard time seeing where I'm wrong.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Marathon runners train for long distance running.   Soccer is a combination of sprinting and long distance running.

It's cool you posted the first half of La Copa del Rey, I believe.  Real Madrid went in there with the strategy of playing defense with not much pressure in the first half, but in the 2nd half they increased the pressure by a lot. That's a strategy in order to preserve energy because teams that have tried to play constant pressure vs Barca fail because they tire out. 

bouli77

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
Right, 120 minutes (with a break at 45 & a bunch of 15-30 second ones in between) is almost pushing human limits. Despite the fact there are marathon runners who run 26 miles straight in four hours lol.

I mean, I pray you guys watch more Soccer than me.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIXWs41EQc&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KuIXWs41EQc&amp;feature=related</a> You going to lie to me & say everybody is running every single second? It just doesn't happen. Stop talking like it's nonstop all out sprinting?

We never said it was non stop all-out sprinting... it's a combination between short sprinting to conquer the ball and running up and down the pitch to keep your position. the thing is the sprint are usually 40-80 yard sprints and very violent ones, when you've run for 100 minutes your body doesn't respond as well as it did when the game started. a marathon isn't as violent, it's a 60% run all the time and you basically train your body all year long to resist a mild but long effort. soccer is not as long by any means but way more exacting for your heart and cardio.

As for teams having higher & lower percentages on penalty kicks, that's just who has better kickers. It says nothing about it for the goalie. It's still luck. If I flipped a coin 100 times, you think it would land on heads & tails 50 times each? There is just a 50% chance it lands 50 times each. But it can land on heads 75 times. Shit, technically speaking, it can land on heads 100 times. So a goalie can guess right more than others. LOL, I even just watched a Youtube video of Portugal kicking penalty kicks & the announcer said, "Oh, he guessed the right way". Nigga said GUESSED lol.

If they have better kickers then it's not "pure luck", is it ? luck involves no factor but chance. as for the goalie it's more complex than that.that's like saying poker is "pure luck". of course you have to make a choice where to dive, but that choice isn't motivated solely by guess. the goalie can analyze the eyes of the kicker, the position of his feet to look for clues, some conceal everything (i always do), some bluff, some just give out too much information before taking the penalty, its up to the goalie to sense that. then he can decide with as much information as he grabbed where he can dive. and if you choose the same side as the penalty taker, you're still not sure to stop the shoot, and that's where the value of the goalie is needed. that's why you have goalies that are notoriously proficient in stopping penalty kicks (Barthez, Kopke, Tafarel) and some straight up suck at it (David James).

& you couldn't point out a flaw in Baseball as far as the sport itself. You can say it's slow & boring, but when it comes to picking a winner whether it takes 9 innings or 29 innings, they play the same game they've been playing to determine a winner. You actually can't point out one flaw in Baseball, Basketball or Football. The only thing you could talk about is nonsense like, they use steroids or like I said, Baseball is stoo slow. But as far as how the sport is designed, it's flawless. Until the day they end a Basketball game on a free throw contest, I have a hard time seeing where I'm wrong.

I don't know why you're always pitting these three sports in particular against soccer but you seem mad insecure about soccer being more popular than these three sports combined. get over it it's nothing really, i like them all. I understand some soccer advocates sound blindsided and silly but you come off as even sillier trying to tell people about a sport you clearly don't know much about (as you have proven in this very thread).

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 03:14:45 PM »
Soccer is a much larger sport worldwide then hockey, so of course it's numbers will be a lot larger. It's not a fair comparison at all.You'd have to do it by scale, which is impossible. And deaths are a freak accident usually so I'm not sure what that proves. A hockey player collapsed and died sitting on the bench a few years back during an NHL game. Had nothing to do with the sport.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2011, 05:45:24 PM »
@ bouli77.

1. My point is that, I'm telling you playing another 30 minutes isn't life-threatening & can easily be done.

2. I mean, better kickers makes it better for one team, but it's still pure luck for the goalie. What I meant by the kickers is that lets take Lionel Messi (best player on the planet) & some average 14 year old & Messi can just kick the ball perfectly in places the average 14 year old can't. Therefore he's better for it. But the goalie still is just diving. The 14 year old would make seven of ten, easy. I mean, you can sit here & tell me the goalie analyzes the player & this & that. But it's still luck.

3. You Soccer nuts are the one who brought up other sports. My only reference to other sports was that they don't end games by something not relevant to the sport. Somebody said above, "I don't pick out the flaws in Baseball", my response to that is that you can't because there are none.

bouli77

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »
yeah i admit PK's is a terrible way to end a game, especially a WC final, but there's still something interesting to it though and it's a compromise, however frustrating it is. but a lot of things need to changed / improved as far as soccer : the use of the video to disallow or allow goals, pk's, etc. however, the institutions are so rotten to the core that i doubt well see a change soon.

and i admit a lot of soccer nuts are dumb about they rant about the alleged superiority of "their" sport... not targeting anyone in this topic because people actually provided interesting points but each time i check a soccer or an american football video on youtube there are reams of posts about what sport is better and usually the soccer guys are the ones to start shit up

when it rains it pours

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
IMO soccer is a sport where ur conditioning makes or breaks a team, espically in extra time, but the PK shoot out is pretty shitty, my suggestion for them would be to make the shooter step back a few yards to give the goalie a dying chance so they dont make blind dives. that would make it harder for the shooter and it would test the goalies skills.

and the dudes hating on the chicks playing ball why yall mad?
I'd watch chicks play soccer any day over the dudes, from the few mens games i seen those dudes is steady bitchin at the refs, each other and getting all kinds of cards. just shut the hell up and play. plus the chicks is hot

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »
cham just watch ur baseball and eat a dick at the same time

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2011, 12:59:55 AM »
cham just watch ur baseball and eat a dick at the same time

You're from Carribean Islands & you live in Canada. You have no say in anything.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:04 AM »
yeah i admit PK's is a terrible way to end a game, especially a WC final, but there's still something interesting to it though and it's a compromise, however frustrating it is. but a lot of things need to changed / improved as far as soccer : the use of the video to disallow or allow goals, pk's, etc. however, the institutions are so rotten to the core that i doubt well see a change soon.

and i admit a lot of soccer nuts are dumb about they rant about the alleged superiority of "their" sport... not targeting anyone in this topic because people actually provided interesting points but each time i check a soccer or an american football video on youtube there are reams of posts about what sport is better and usually the soccer guys are the ones to start shit up

here it's always the other way arround. But well, I should refrain from arguing with them, pointless. Let them think what they want to. Can't take them serious for the behaviour they display @ the G-Spot and the other sections anyway.

I don't think football needs much improvement. The most important thing is harsher punishment for divers, either by video analysis during the game or afterwards. Offside needs to be less complicated again, and the referees should be instructed to interpret close offside decisions really in favour of the attacker. But the most needed reforms don't affect the game itself: Football needs a salary cup, more rights for clubs against players who drop-out to get out of their contract, and a rule to keep rich fucks and sponsors who  buy football clubs out of the game.
I don't think video analysis should be used to full extent. Maybe for foul calls/dives, but not for everything.

IMO soccer is a sport where ur conditioning makes or breaks a team, espically in extra time, but the PK shoot out is pretty shitty, my suggestion for them would be to make the shooter step back a few yards to give the goalie a dying chance so they dont make blind dives. that would make it harder for the shooter and it would test the goalies skills.

11m is fine by me. This is a dramatic and thrilling way to end games. If you don't want to rely on that, go for the win, you have 120 minutes to enforce a decision.

Robert Enke saved 10/23 penalties in his career, more than 40%, you don't get this number by "blind dives"

bouli77

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2011, 07:42:37 AM »
11m is fine by me. This is a dramatic and thrilling way to end games. If you don't want to rely on that, go for the win, you have 120 minutes to enforce a decision.

Robert Enke saved 10/23 penalties in his career, more than 40%, you don't get this number by "blind dives"

that's exactly what i think too... however Cham is right it doesn't determine which team is really the better one and that fucks me up a little bit.

Fraxxx

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2011, 01:14:02 PM »

that's exactly what i think too... however Cham is right it doesn't determine which team is really the better one and that fucks me up a little bit.

But the factor luck which is PART of penalties add a great deal of emotion and drama to the game.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »

But the factor luck which is PART of penalties add a great deal of emotion and drama to the game.

You're damn right it adds emotion. I'd be crying myself if I lost the World Cup on a coin flip.