Author Topic: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?  (Read 1408 times)

TDOT

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Serious question: Does Game have any classic songs?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »
Only song that could come close is of course Hate It Or Love it. Then you got I Don't Need Your Love, Start From Scratch, Dreams and a few others that I would say are "classics to me".

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 09:12:48 AM »
I def think "This is How We Do" and "Hate it or Love It" are classic tracks in most people's eyes.
classic or liking it?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
@Jaydc

Remember game did a completely solo version of hate it or love it and it was still crack. And if I recall, the rest of g-unit (namely banks and yayo) sounded horrible on the remix
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 09:43:16 AM »
What about Hard Liquor?
I loved that he brought it back on L.a.x. with that skit.

No but anyways, you meantion you consider Joe Budden a classic, but in the same reply you say that something generally considered a classic is when a majority would share the opinion.
Where I live, NOBODY I know listens to Joe Budden except for his best tracks back in the day. So that would mean your view of something classic is also your own opinion.

To me a classic is not just about the songs, but also the persona and the label. Game has made such an impact on the hiphop community when he came out on Aftermath, it's just like back in the day when Death Row was pushing artists.
Game wasn't only everywhere with his singles, he did a unique thing with those anti g-unit mixtapes.

He had some weak mixtapes but I get the feeling he's gonna be back.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

bez

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
biggest mistake of games career was not making an amazing video for Higher. That shit is still a perfect summer/club/banging track.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2011, 11:08:26 AM »
Hate it or Love it is probably the closest he's got

that and 'How We Do' as a pure club joint. funnily enough the beats & 50 make both records for the most part. nothing else really.

those would be the only ones.  if anything, dude is nothing without dre and 50, and thats old news.

i always thought he was a very average rapper, and he is, the only time he shines is when he spits fast.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
to me

Letter to the king
Why you hate the game
one night
300 bars
this way
dreams

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 11:24:27 AM »
to me

Letter to the king
Why you hate the game
one night
300 bars
this way
dreams

........... how old are you 12?

in no which way or form are those classics, LOL 300 BARS? lol their not even close to being classics. wow

we had this before, but dude has nothing classic, mayb in 4 years theyll consider how we do or hate it or love it, but no, dude is nothing special

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

187_gangsta_crip

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Hate it or love it and How we do are def classics to me.

JohnnyL

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 11:52:40 AM »
I would consider "Start from Scratch" "Dreams" and "Hate It or Love It" to be classics.  Just my opinion, but I think they rise to that level.  I don't think anyone is ever going to completely agree on what constitutes "classic" though.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 11:55:42 AM »
i'm 20...to me yes 300 bars is classic. You see what he did with that, he had radio stations spining that diss record. Interscope put a halt on it telling stations to stop playing it. It was the hot topic in summer of 2005, Game had everyone talking about it. I know plenty of people that/ have heard it and just said damn this is ill. Game was at his best on 300 bars. One night is timeless to me, dude went straight from the heart on some personal shit he was going through at the time. That beat and hook bangs harder than any Dre track that he ever gave game. Nottz really came with it on that. This way is a newer track that I've really thought was some ill shit from Game. Maybe not classic but one of hs better tracks he's dropped in a long time. Game and Nas is classic one of my favorite collabs in hip hop. So hate on me for that its my opinion Hustlers, Why you hate the game, Letter to the king. Every time the two have collabed its been some hot shit. But when they go with some deep shit, like the 2 tracks i mentioned, its hard to hate on those tracks

to me

Letter to the king
Why you hate the game
one night
300 bars
this way
dreams
.......... how old are you 12?

in no which way or form are those classics, LOL 300 BARS? lol their not even close to being classics. wow
we had this before, but dude has nothing classic, mayb in 4 years theyll consider how we do or hate it or love it, but no, dude is nothing special

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 11:56:04 AM »
I'd say How We Do and Put You on the Game are the most likely out of his catalog to be considered classics plus I still bump those from time to time, maybe Hate It or Love It also.  Everything else (i.e. Dreams, It's Okay/One Blood, Wouldn't Get Far, Dope Boys, etc.) pretty much died out shortly afterward.  Just my opinion.

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:10 PM »
Personal classic for me is One Night
Yeah that's my favorite track of his.

Hate It Or Love It may be the only track that he made that  may have been a classic, but 50 did all the heavy lifting anyways.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »
i rather take countless top album cuts and many many tight mixtape tracks than 1 classic track.....games mixtapes are better than other peoples  whole cds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
Dude how is 300 bars not classic? 6 years later and I'm still amazed at that shit. Everyone thought game was ja rule jr or atleast gonna get bitched like jadakiss when he left. But instead he single handedly ruined 50's rein of terrorizing the industry. In the midst of the crunk era this dude had 300 bars (a 15 minute diss track) getting regular spins on the radio. Do me a favor and name 1 other rapper that could pull that shit off. Don't worry ill wait...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"