Author Topic: Cedric Benson jailed on assault charge  (Read 160 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Cedric Benson jailed on assault charge
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:29:54 PM »
Cincinnati Bengals running back Cedric Benson picked the worst possible time to land in hot water.

Just a week or so before the possible start of free agency, Benson, a pending free agent, might have hurt his stock significantly. Ricky Doyle of YNN is reporting Benson was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with assault on a family member and is being held in Travis County (Texas) jail.

This is not Benson's first run-in with the law, which means he could be facing punishment by the NFL if he's found guilty. Most recently, Benson was arrested for an alleged assault in Austin, Texas, last year but was not suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell. Benson also had issues during his time with the Chicago Bears, leading to his release.

Cincinnati wanted Benson back and was expected to give him a sizable contract extension following back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons. But Benson's latest trouble might force the Bengals to rethink their strategy. If Benson is facing an early season suspension, it wouldn't make sense for Cincinnati to invest big money in the free-agent tailback. Other teams might view Benson the same way.

Benson was the third AFC North player to run afoul of the law in the past week. Bengals teammate Adam Jones was arrested for disorderly conduct and Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Hines Ward was arrested for driving under the influence. Both Jones and Ward denied any wrongdoing
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

Re: Cedric Benson jailed on assault charge
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
Man who knew that Ray Lewis was such a prophet?  But then his mother told him not to go to Atlanta in 2000 superbowl, & she was right.  He must've got it from his mother.  At the beginning when he said it I thought it would be the fans that be acting a fool, but its the players & the players gf's & wives also :grumpy: stabbing their men.  People who work for the team getting in trouble with the law.  Not just the Bungholes players, but Buccaneers & Donkeys players vying for the most criminals on the the team title. 
   But Benson has nothing to worry about with the Bungholes.  The worst owner in sports mainly wants criminals on his team.  The NFL should step in & take the team away from Mike Brown cause this has been going on too long.  20 years of no playoff wins, constant ineptitude, constant convicted lawbreaking & felons.  But some teams represent the citizens, and seeing the police women of cincinnati & police pov, the nasty nati got lots of black ignorance there.  Ignorant natives, ignorant owner, ignorant team.
   And just when you think Dorkman Jones got the message & his life in order, having a good looking wife....he fucks up again :grumpy:

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cedric Benson jailed on assault charge
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »
What's new ;D yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp