Author Topic: 2011 NFL free agency and trade thread  (Read 855 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: 2011 NFL free agency and trade thread
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2011, 02:20:03 PM »

I simply don't think Haley can run his offense with that team. I say bring Marty back and let him HC then try and get McDaniels to get out of CSt Louis and back with Cassel. That team would be AFC West Champ for the next 4 years.

Marty is my all-time favorite head coach, it's a shame no team has been trying to pick him up.  He ended up going to coach for some for some minor league football team this year. 

...as for Haley, don't underestimate him.  The trinity of owner Clark Hunt, GM Scott Piloli, and HC Todd Haley, are determined to make the Chiefs into a carbon copy of the Patriots.  So far they have made a lot of progress towards that end, in just a short time.  Taking nothing away from what Charlie Wiess did, I think with the addition of Breston the Chiefs will be a better offense this year; but because of the difficulty of schedule, their record may not reflect the improvement.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Where do the Jets get all this money to sign any and everybody?  Doesn't seem fair... isn't there a salary cap?

The jets gm is a cap genius. Might be the best in the league. He's very clever with contracts

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
Where do the Jets get all this money to sign any and everybody?  Doesn't seem fair... isn't there a salary cap?

The jets gm is a cap genius. Might be the best in the league. He's very clever with contracts

he must be.. I'd like to see it on paper how he is fitting all those fat contracts under the margin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

I simply don't think Haley can run his offense with that team. I say bring Marty back and let him HC then try and get McDaniels to get out of CSt Louis and back with Cassel. That team would be AFC West Champ for the next 4 years.

Marty is my all-time favorite head coach, it's a shame no team has been trying to pick him up.  He ended up going to coach for some for some minor league football team this year. 

...as for Haley, don't underestimate him.  The trinity of owner Clark Hunt, GM Scott Piloli, and HC Todd Haley, are determined to make the Chiefs into a carbon copy of the Patriots.  So far they have made a lot of progress towards that end, in just a short time.  Taking nothing away from what Charlie Wiess did, I think with the addition of Breston the Chiefs will be a better offense this year; but because of the difficulty of schedule, their record may not reflect the improvement.

Haley's problem is his lack of structure, and it was always there for him. He gets caught up in the moment and goes for it on 4th down when he shouldn't and noy go for it when he should, and he does it all the time. There was no coaching that would have made the Chiefs beat the Ravens last year though. But if Charles simply didn't fumble the Chiefs may have went pretty far last year.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

Haley's problem is his lack of structure, and it was always there for him. He gets caught up in the moment and goes for it on 4th down when he shouldn't and noy go for it when he should, and he does it all the time. There was no coaching that would have made the Chiefs beat the Ravens last year though. But if Charles simply didn't fumble the Chiefs may have went pretty far last year.

I'm still pissed about that one play where the fatass Ravens linemen came up behind Charles and fell on him with all his weight, forcing Charles to fumble the ball and injuring him for the rest of the game.  Before that the Chiefs had the lead, the momentum, had the Ravens frustrated, and Charles was about to have a monster day.  The Chiefs were on a roll, and that play changed everything.

As for Haley he does get emotional and do stupid things.  But this guy is determined to win, and they will get it right.  See, at least Haley is smart.  Herm was cool as the other side of the pillow, even when the Chiefs were getting destroyed Herm Edwards always stayed positive and focused.  But then again, the team sucked ass with Herm.  Haley is a much brighter head coach then Herm, so what if his emotions get in the way every now and then.   

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:07 PM »
Infinite, can you give me more insight on DT Shaun Smith? Titans signed him away from the Chiefs. At a glance, his numbers don't jump out at you, but I've heard some pretty big things. I visited a Chiefs message board and fans seemed angry to lose him. They said he's a BIG guy in the middle whose an absolute run stuffer.

What's your take?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2011, 08:42:58 PM »
Jets are actually about ten million under the cap this season

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
Infinite, can you give me more insight on DT Shaun Smith? Titans signed him away from the Chiefs. At a glance, his numbers don't jump out at you, but I've heard some pretty big things. I visited a Chiefs message board and fans seemed angry to lose him. They said he's a BIG guy in the middle whose an absolute run stuffer.

What's your take?
You asked the right person, I can tell you a lot... he was a popular player here.   The Chiefs wanted to resign him.  

-He's a classic over-achiever.  He beat out a young, 3rd year guy (Tyson Jackson) at his spot on the D-line who was signed to a $60 Million Dollar contract!   While Sean Smith was barely even signed for $1 Million when he was hear with the Chiefs.  So basically all the cards were stacked against him being a starter when he came here, and yet he consistently over-achieved and outperformed higher paid competition.  Tyson Jackson wasn't the only player he beat out, there were other better paid players in the mix who couldn't get onto the field cause Sean Smith was holding it down!

-His numbers on tackles should be pretty good.  Without looking at anything, I seem to remember him being a guy who had a knack for the ball and was in on most plays.  The defense the Chiefs run just asks the D-line to hold their position, so they aren't really allowed to go after plays, but still Sean Smith managed to hold his position and still make plays.

-Also, he is a nasty competitor.  I'm surprised you haven't heard the stories of him getting fined for going after guys balls at the bottom of the pile.  He's that type of dude that does crazy shit like that to get in the head of the other team and take them off their game.  He's a nasty player and whatever he lacks in talent he will make up for in downright nastiness.

-You got a player you will not be dissapointed with.  He will find a way to do his job no matter what it takes.   Not a superstar talent-wise, but definitely a dependable guy you want down in the trenches of a tough game.

-Also a good locker room guy, kind of a prankster in the clubhouse, and good for interviews.  Fans and teammates love the guy, and coaches love him too.  He's not about his own numbers, but sacrificing for his team and doing what it takes to win.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 11:06:28 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »
Some might say the same thing about the eagles.  And Woody Johnson is a big time billionaire.

Marty does NOT win in the playoffs that's why no nfl team is picking him up.  You got Jerry Springer Jones left to hire him.  Marty should try the minor leagues or college, maybe he'll have a chance of winning a championship there. 

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2011, 09:07:39 AM »

What's your take?
You asked the right person, I can tell you a lot... he was a popular player here.   The Chiefs wanted to resign him.  

-He's a classic over-achiever.  He beat out a young, 3rd year guy (Tyson Jackson) at his spot on the D-line who was signed to a $60 Million Dollar contract!   While Sean Smith was barely even signed for $1 Million when he was hear with the Chiefs.  So basically all the cards were stacked against him being a starter when he came here, and yet he consistently over-achieved and outperformed higher paid competition.  Tyson Jackson wasn't the only player he beat out, there were other better paid players in the mix who couldn't get onto the field cause Sean Smith was holding it down!

-His numbers on tackles should be pretty good.  Without looking at anything, I seem to remember him being a guy who had a knack for the ball and was in on most plays.  The defense the Chiefs run just asks the D-line to hold their position, so they aren't really allowed to go after plays, but still Sean Smith managed to hold his position and still make plays.

-Also, he is a nasty competitor.  I'm surprised you haven't heard the stories of him getting fined for going after guys balls at the bottom of the pile.  He's that type of dude that does crazy shit like that to get in the head of the other team and take them off their game.  He's a nasty player and whatever he lacks in talent he will make up for in downright nastiness.

-You got a player you will not be dissapointed with.  He will find a way to do his job no matter what it takes.   Not a superstar talent-wise, but definitely a dependable guy you want down in the trenches of a tough game.

-Also a good locker room guy, kind of a prankster in the clubhouse, and good for interviews.  Fans and teammates love the guy, and coaches love him too.  He's not about his own numbers, but sacrificing for his team and doing what it takes to win.
LOL I did hear about that ball grabbing.. Just didn't care to mention it..

He's a BIG BOY.. Saw a pic of him in camp.. Looks like a beast..

Real excited to have him on our D-Line! He's gonna start 100%.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »

LOL I did hear about that ball grabbing.. Just didn't care to mention it..

He's a BIG BOY.. Saw a pic of him in camp.. Looks like a beast..

Real excited to have him on our D-Line! He's gonna start 100%.

Yeah, keep me posted on how he does.  But I really have no doubts.  Even injuries, he's the type of guy who would play through it.

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
^ Will do..

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
i miss Cotchery :( :'(
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2011, 01:24:40 AM »

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2011, 05:49:18 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/6848263/channing-crowder-announces-retirement-radio-show

And this just in an hour ago, the Joakim Noah of the Nfl[1 of the ugliest people in sports] Channing Crowder chose to retire.  Good thing, he's no longer on the fish.  Bad thing, I wish the fish traded him to a sorry team who's fans boo the home team when they suck & underperform.  Crowder's the same fool who got mad when fish fans booed the team cause they lost to DIETROIT.

Real Talk here: If you got a double digit lead after 3 quarters on a team who had 2 periods of 20+ road losses in a row this century & still lose....YOU DESERVE TO GET BOOED!  Plain & simple!  Miami is not the only city that boos toe home team when they suck.  Idiot football fans are acting like that now.  I'm surprised he didn't go to the Fraudgers, he & Chad Ochofucko would be perfect there since they both love 2 run their mouths.