Author Topic: How factual is this statement "Kanye is a producer. Jay Z is a rapper."  (Read 699 times)

Sccit

Re: How factual is this statement "Kanye is a producer. Jay Z is a rapper."
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »
well, yea, kanye started off as a producer. he's like a dr. dre with a lot less talent. do ur friends argue that dre is a rapper? kanye and dre are rappers in the same sense. they're producers first and foremost and rappers second...i guess thats the best way 2 put it.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »
well, yea, kanye started off as a producer. he's like a dr. dre with a lot less talent. do ur friends argue that dre is a rapper? kanye and dre are rappers in the same sense. they're producers first and foremost and rappers second...i guess thats the best way 2 put it.

word... he's a far less talented version of Dre.  He even said that "XXxplosive" was basically the whole inspiration and idea behind what he does as a producer
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 03:50:34 PM »

word... he's a far less talented version of Dre.  He even said that "XXxplosive" was basically the whole inspiration and idea behind what he does as a producer

funny, because "xxplosive" is nothin like his style...in fact i dont think ive ever heard a kanye beat that sounds dre influenced.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

Dre doesn't even write his own rhymes.

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 01:38:24 AM »
hes a producer and a rapper.  there are a lot of kanye songs where he isnt the producer as well.  so yeah, he is both.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »

I agree with this but I recognize the points presented by others that contest this view.

Muhfukka: I agree that the 'slumber party' shit is like some shit little giggly middle schoolers do, and not a piece of art I should be using to anoint a lackluster or second tier performer with yet another professional title.

and the average person, and maybe this is just the cats I've talked to in Cali, where I live, knows Dre for pop songs like G Thang and stuff from '2001'. They don't know he made those or any other beats. Just my observations.

sure, you can make an argument for Snoop as an actor. But let's just admit that when we do that, we're casting a pretty wide net, yeah?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
so... is Will Smith a rapper or actor?