1 (1.3%)
Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
17 (22.4%)
Schoolboy Q - Setbacks
0 (0%)
Dom Kennedy - From The Westside With Love II
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: West coast album of the year so far?  (Read 1457 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: West coast album of the year so far?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2011, 06:06:36 PM »
I honestly don't feel Kendrick gets too much love on this forum - I feel it's totally appropriate. It's not just this forum showing him love - it's Snoop, Game, Dre, Kurupt, and all the other legends popping up at his show calling him the new King of The West. There's a reason for all of this. NIKCC, have you even given his albums a proper listen? His substance is so much deeper than any emcee out at the moment, forget the Westcoast, I mean period. How Brotha Lynch can be mentioned in the same sentence as Kendrick is beyond me.

Btw, checked some of your material. Was digging the Freddy song. Just for a note, if you're gonna use an acronym for "L.A.M.B.", always put a period after the final initial as well :)

Sccit

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
I honestly don't feel Kendrick gets too much love on this forum - I feel it's totally appropriate. It's not just this forum showing him love - it's Snoop, Game, Dre, Kurupt, and all the other legends popping up at his show calling him the new King of The West. There's a reason for all of this. NIKCC, have you even given his albums a proper listen? His substance is so much deeper than any emcee out at the moment, forget the Westcoast, I mean period. How Brotha Lynch can be mentioned in the same sentence as Kendrick is beyond me.

I dunno, I think Kendrick is good, but not spectacular. I dunno if u dig Lynch's shit, but he's a NorCal legend, and his recent albums have been straight heat. Did you like "DAAM" and "CHS"?

Btw, checked some of your material. Was digging the Freddy song. Just for a note, if you're gonna use an acronym for "L.A.M.B.", always put a period after the final initial as well :)

good looks on checkin the shit out...but yea, acronyms don't always need a period at the end. remember NWA?

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2011, 10:13:36 PM »
Do some people just not understand the positive messages in kedricks songs? He's very uplifting/trying to pave the way for the young kids. Its awesome, nobody does shit like that, game will always have 1-2 songs on an album where he's on that level. Kendrick just dropped a whole album like that. Impressive. Wish more guys would rap like that.

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
Do some people just not understand the positive messages in kedricks songs? He's very uplifting/trying to pave the way for the young kids. Its awesome, nobody does shit like that, game will always have 1-2 songs on an album where he's on that level. Kendrick just dropped a whole album like that. Impressive. Wish more guys would rap like that.

he's a good lyricist, his style just doesnt stand out.. same with jay rock

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2011, 10:28:54 PM »
1. Soopafly
2. Snoop Dogg
3. DJ Quik
4. Daz
5. WC

I don't anticipate anything coming out and changing my Top 5 except maybe that 1st Generation if that ever drops

You obviously don't listen to any new Westcoast music. Everyone you named is someone that's been out for 20+ years, and then you named 1st Generation.
lol

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2011, 11:04:27 PM »

he's a good lyricist, his style just doesnt stand out.. same with jay rock

His style obviously stands out with all the attention he's getting. I find his whole presence and delivery original as fuck, no one else sounds like Kendrick, and he has the flow and content to back it up. Each to their own though, Brotha Lynch obviously makes music that's more suited to your taste, they're completely different artists really.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2011, 12:01:00 AM »
I dont feel Kendrick Lamar at all, that album wasn't that great, i'd say Soopafly's new album...SHIT was flyyy! and Jay Rocks Follow Me Home, was far the best albums this year, You can't forget Doggumentary aswell much loove to snoop D O

Funkstradamus

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2011, 07:47:17 AM »
1. Soopafly
2. Snoop Dogg
3. DJ Quik
4. Daz
5. WC

I don't anticipate anything coming out and changing my Top 5 except maybe that 1st Generation if that ever drops

You obviously don't listen to any new Westcoast music. Everyone you named is someone that's been out for 20+ years, and then you named 1st Generation.
sure i do...Mykestro, Problem, Lil Eazy E, Curtis Young, Glasses Malone, Killa Krock, Bishop Lamont, Nipsey Hustle...unfortunately, most of New West Artists that actually make West Coast Music don't have deals...I listened to Tyler, Jay Rock, The Game, Glasses, & Kendrick  but none of them would i nominate for top 5 album of the year...Tyler's album is pure garbage, Kendrick's album sounds like something Talib Kweli would make which is cool and all but im not bumping it in the ride or at the gym, Game is trying to appease the college kids which is working cause his shits selling, plus if he had used most of the tracks he leaked and wasted on mixtapes his album could have been classic, i expected more out of Jay Rock & Glasses because both of their albums were suppose to come out 6-7 years ago but both have tracks i bump regularly...to sum it ...,most New West artists don't make music for me, they trying to make what hot on the radio and whats hot at the clubs...and every artists in my top 5 makes music from their heart (even Snoop did on this record), they all said fuck radio play im making music for me and my real fans... 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:04:15 AM by BC Powda »

sms130

• 'G'
Re: West coast album of the year?
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2011, 10:31:32 AM »
LBC Crew - Haven't You Heard?
Ha! I like that! That was dope, finally getting to hear that album after all of these years.

Kount Masloff

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Section 80 is album of the decade.

Lunatic

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2011, 11:49:31 AM »
Out that list

Section 80 - 9/10
Revenge of the Barracuda - 8.5/10
Doggumentary - 7.5/10
Book of David - 7.5/10
Follow Me Home - 7.5/10
The R.E.D. Album - 7.5/10
The Beach Cruiser - 7/10
Arms & Hammers - 7/10

Doggumentary was a pretty dope album from Snoop
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »
So basically, if they don't make 90's gangbanging music, it's not "Westcoast" music?

polepositon

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »
yea. enema. thats whay im saying. it  aint west coast. and u from the west n rocking skinny jeans? tyler clowning gay ass game on his own tracc.? tyler. gay ass tie die shirts n shit? all that nigga got is a good ass voice on wax. other thatn that. yall new artist r gay. to me. IMO. ima ll with growing and times have changed. but. sorry. times aint change that much. unless ur fighting for gay amrraige. so, yup. even though u asked bspowda...fuck it. ima respond. yall niggas aint weswes.imo. yall trna sell. i got that. but, go fuck wit wayne on some skateboaring shit then. fake ass slobs. lol. hahaha.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:41:24 PM by poleposition »

bigpimpin20

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »
wheres Murs & Terrace Martin-Melrose?

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2011, 07:01:30 AM »
1. Soopafly
2. Snoop Dogg
3. DJ Quik
4. Daz
5. WC

sure i do...Mykestro, Problem, Lil Eazy E, Curtis Young, Glasses Malone, Killa Krock, Bishop Lamont, Nipsey Hustle...unfortunately, most of New West Artists that actually make West Coast Music don't have deals...I listened to Tyler, Jay Rock, The Game, Glasses, & Kendrick  but none of them would i nominate for top 5 album of the year...Tyler's album is pure garbage, Kendrick's album sounds like something Talib Kweli would make which is cool and all but im not bumping it in the ride or at the gym, Game is trying to appease the college kids which is working cause his shits selling, plus if he had used most of the tracks he leaked and wasted on mixtapes his album could have been classic, i expected more out of Jay Rock & Glasses because both of their albums were suppose to come out 6-7 years ago but both have tracks i bump regularly...to sum it ...,most New West artists don't make music for me, they trying to make what hot on the radio and whats hot at the clubs...and every artists in my top 5 makes music from their heart (even Snoop did on this record), they all said fuck radio play im making music for me and my real fans... 8) 8) 8) 8)

lol kendrick lamar RIGHT now beats the hell outta all those art its RIGHT now, don't get me wrong i love them, and they'll always be legends but kendrick is on a whole nother level, he deserves his dues, hes on that crooked I shit, but its on him to blow up.

i can't believe theres even a debate about this.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.