Author Topic: Soopafly - Best Kept Secret Album review  (Read 1795 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: Soopafly - Best Kept Secret Album review
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »
yeah i was gonna ask what you thought of other ho checkin rappers like suga free and dru down. classic review too

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »
I'm eagerly anticipating the day a song gets released with Soopafly, Too Short, and Suga Free on it. Think it could possibly be an off the charts review.

That's one of my dream collabos right there.  I've asked anyone who can get in touch with Soopafly to make it happen.  He's done songs with both of them separately.  All of them are down with Snoop, this could easily happen someday.  It would be amazing....the three best bitch checkers in the game ever.

I wouldn't be shocked if there was a track in the vaults with all three of them on it from like 1999-2000, when Suga Free was on every Dogghouse Records album. As someone mentioned, you include Dru Down on your bitch-checking list?

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
yeah i was gonna ask what you thought of other ho checkin rappers like suga free and dru down. classic review too

Love Suga Free, although some of his beat selection is horrible.  If he could scale back a bit on what he releases and get on more quiality beats, he'd be real good in my eyes.  Love the song "Why You Bullshittin 2", where he goes hard on a bitch...talking about flushing the toilet while she's in the shower and burning her lol. Also loved "Allergic to Bullshit" from Smell My Finger" where he says he's gonna call America's most wanted on the bitch and tell John Walsh she's a kidnapper so they'll take her away.  And he calls her a stupid piece of blubber.  And how he says these bitches act so tough, yet can't even run a mile without getting worn out.  Great song!  Loved Street Gospel and New Testament, tons of good songs on both those albums.    Just Add Water and Smell My Finger were ok.  Wasn't really feeling Hi Power Pimpin or Sunday School.  Those albums suffer from production issues IMO.  But yeah, Suga Free has so many great bitch checking lyrics I can't even think of them all.  I can't wait til Street Gospel 2 comes out, esp. since he's back with Quik.  Hope that album gets released someday.

Believe it or not, I've never been into Dru Down or have any of his albums or anything.  All I remember him from was the intro to All About U by 2pac where he says Dru Down in the house.  And his verse on Cheatn Ass Lover, featuring the great Soopafly outro.   

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 09:22:03 PM »
you need to check out some dru down shit hes been checking hos since way back. how can you not like this guy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/vIWSaDZkh7E&amp;feature=feedrec_grec_index" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/vIWSaDZkh7E&amp;feature=feedrec_grec_index</a>

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

soopaflydpgc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:09 AM »
thanx for the comments good n bad. those who dont like the album should consider a new artist to follow cuz this is me, period! and to retarded ass mini me in here, yo review was funny!! but just funny!! but i see you gotta fanbase so you doin it on purpose. cool but if you was really listenin mr reviewer you woulda known that " i feel" aint talkin bout a bitch. we talkin bout music nigga!!! rest a yall...... let it soak in n thanx for the support. those who dont... its been a fun ride take care!

soopafly on football anyway. pomona steelers smashmouth football!! holla

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:17 AM »
not, I've never been into Dru Down or have any of his albums or anything.  All I remember him from was the intro to All About U by 2pac where he says Dru Down in the house.  And his verse on Cheatn Ass Lover, featuring the great Soopafly outro.   

This song shits on any hoe checking Soopafly has ever done:

bouli77

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 11:04:59 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/as3k3KqzbZA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/as3k3KqzbZA</a>

this video is pretty sick too lol. but dru down is a real pimp, unlike short & fly, so that explains why he's more credible.

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »
thanx for the comments good n bad. those who dont like the album should consider a new artist to follow cuz this is me, period! and to retarded ass mini me in here, yo review was funny!! but just funny!! but i see you gotta fanbase so you doin it on purpose. cool but if you was really listenin mr reviewer you woulda known that " i feel" aint talkin bout a bitch. we talkin bout music nigga!!! rest a yall...... let it soak in n thanx for the support. those who dont... its been a fun ride take care!

soopafly on football anyway. pomona steelers smashmouth football!! holla

Thanks for the correction sir!  I didn't realize "I Feel" was talking about music.  Now i know, so thanks for correcting me.  It's great of you to come in here every once in a while and keep us fans up to date on what's going on.  I'd say 99% of the people here thought your album was in the top 5 rap albums of the year, so that's something to really be proud of.  You have a lot more people following you now than you did say 10 years ago.  You've got a lot more fans now, so keep up the good work.  I'm doing my part, trying to spread your name and music around, not only the internet, but throughout the town i live in and stuff.  I bought a "Dat Woopty Woop" T-Shirt from a Snoop Dogg concert you were at with him probably 8 years ago or so, so i'm trying to hold it down for you.  It'd be cool if you dropped some unreleased music every now and then on here or on your facebook or myspace page like you used to do.  I know you got a lot of unreleased heat from when you were on Doggystyle Records.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 08:09:40 PM »

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 02:55:38 AM »
Man, I'm a big soopa fan too, but I seem to like all the songs that are ranked low. I like 'Ahead of ours' and 'Beast in the jungle' is my fav. Put it in my playlist when I train, man does it get me fired up!!! That and  GFunk Martian is crazy too.

Agree with the album score...8 sounds about right...Banging album!!!

I like when Producers experiment with their sound (most of the time). Think outside the square, out of their comfort zone, getting their creative side going. Just like the review of a few of the songs on Daz's DPGC U Know What Im Throwin Up. Some of my fav. production from Fly. Like this new sound too.

nateandmiles

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • We shook dre punk azz now he outta di closet!!
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2011, 01:28:27 PM »
#12 .fall in love..that bitch go HAM ..and offcourse the track with diggity daz and the king pin ..move to fassssssssssssssssssssst..

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurch 8)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
ordered my cd off soopafly.net

still waiting on my copy

then i can review it

So Much Style

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »
#12 .fall in love..that bitch go HAM ..and offcourse the track with diggity daz and the king pin ..move to fassssssssssssssssssssst..

Now chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurch 8)

yep!! soopa makes these types of songs better than anyone...i think he usually gives snoop these jams....think "loosin control"  but my fav on this album is easily "countdown to cool" and i have that up there for song of the year right now with "g shyt" and "the race" by wiz
So much style back at it again

$oKhalifas

• 'G'
  • NOWTHAT$GANG$TA BKA $oCal P$ycho
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:46 AM »
LMFAOOOO

wow.  what just happened in here? 

kevin t

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 04:39:46 AM »
Just as i expected you gave an honest review, you've covered it well. I'm gonna give it a listen tomorrow.

So many quoteables
LMAO

My favourite

Good Lucc drops an awful verse.  He tries to tell the listener how he gets bitches like Soopafly, but everyone knows his fat ass isn't getting with any women and his verse was just a lame attempt to try to be like his hero Soopafly.  It was really quite pathetic at the time and was my guess as to why Fly told them not to bother using it on the Dubb Union album because he didn't want to make Good Lucc look like a total fool.  Now that Fly isn't working with him anymore, he decided to throw this song on his album so everyone could see for themselves what a liar and a wannabe this guy was

Uploaded with ImageShack.us