Author Topic: Week 1 NFL Regular Season Official Thread  (Read 407 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Week 1 NFL Regular Season Official Thread
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
My high hopes for the Chiefs this year have all been devastated due to injury.   First they lost 1rst Round draft pick wide receiver Baldwin in a locker room brawal with Thomas Jones.  Then Todd Haley's renegade stategy (only other coach I remember doing it was Buddy Ryan) of attempting to play his starters for all of game 4 blew up in his face when future star tight end was injured for the season, starting tackle Barry Richardson suffered injury as well, and Matt Cassel and Jamal Charles also got banged up (although they are both likely to play).

The Bills on the other hand have impressed me some.  Merriman looks to be a possible candidate for comeback player of the year this year.  And I've been impressed by their line play, running back play, and their depth at quarterback and wide receiver.  I'm a big fan of Tyler Thigpen and would love to see him end up with the starting spot.

Should make for a great game week 1.  Shallow, you ready to make your official prediction?   I over-reacted a little when I first heard Moeki went down for the season.  I think it will cause the Chiefs to be significantly worse this year; but I just don't know if Buffalo has totally turned the corner yet.  I still see the Chiefs as slightly better than the Bills.  So I got the Chiefs, and I got them covering the spread.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Week 1 NFL Regular Season Official Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:05 PM »
I don't expect the Bills to win the division or anything like that, but I think they can be in the wildcard race near the end of the season. Although Cinci won the division over the Steelers and Ravens just a couple years back and they came of nowhere, so Buff taking it to a depleted Pats and and a shaky in the season Jets wouldn't be as shocking to me as the Colts beating the Texans with Collins at QB. I expect the Bills to do between 8-8 and 10-6. While I expect the Cheifs to do between 6-10 and 8-8.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
Jets. Crown us.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 07:44:03 PM »
I don't expect the Bills to win the division or anything like that, but I think they can be in the wildcard race near the end of the season. Although Cinci won the division over the Steelers and Ravens just a couple years back and they came of nowhere, so Buff taking it to a depleted Pats and and a shaky in the season Jets wouldn't be as shocking to me as the Colts beating the Texans with Collins at QB. I expect the Bills to do between 8-8 and 10-6. While I expect the Cheifs to do between 6-10 and 8-8.

So make it official then.  Are you or are you not picking the Bills to beat the Chiefs on Sunday?

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Titans to beat the Jags and it won't be close. Bank for a division/wild card battle
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 04:19:01 AM »
Titans to beat the Jags and it won't be close. Bank for a division/wild card battle
Well mostly i'd pull for Jax over the Titans but not this time after the poor timing of them cutting David Garrard  >:(  That's so New England like.  And they're already a bunch under the cap as is, what if Gabbert & the other dude they have get injured?  At least Garrard knows their offense.  There's just a lot wrong with the Jaguars team, feel sorry for their fans.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:05:07 AM »

So make it official then.  Are you or are you not picking the Bills to beat the Chiefs on Sunday?

Absolutely I am.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:26:34 AM »

So make it official then.  Are you or are you not picking the Bills to beat the Chiefs on Sunday?

Absolutely I am.

Let's be more specific... you pick the Bills to win?

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
My Canadian folks know what's good with Pro Line

I bey $5, picked 5 games

Titans NOT to lose by 3 or more
Bills NOT to lose by 6 or more
Hou to win by 9 or more
Min NOT to lose by 10 or more
NYG to win by 3 or more

Win all games and win $100

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 12:22:40 PM »

So make it official then.  Are you or are you not picking the Bills to beat the Chiefs on Sunday?

Absolutely I am.

Yes, the Bills win in week 1.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:28 PM »

I bey $5, picked 5 games

Hou to win by 9 or more
NYG to win by 3 or more

BEcause until just now I hadn't read Manning was out indefinitely I left the Indy game off the ticket, but my 5 games are Bills to beat the spread, Seahawks to beat the spread (and win the game), Titans ton beat the spread and most likely win, Lions to win, and Giants to win.   

Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 12:33:51 PM »

I bey $5, picked 5 games

Hou to win by 9 or more
NYG to win by 3 or more

BEcause until just now I hadn't read Manning was out indefinitely I left the Indy game off the ticket, but my 5 games are Bills to beat the spread, Seahawks to beat the spread (and win the game), Titans ton beat the spread and most likely win, Lions to win, and Giants to win.   
I like the Lions and Seahawks picks as well. Almost went with those myself.

9 is a lot (Hou-Ind) but Kerry Collins will be a sitting duck

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »

Absolutely I am.

Yes, the Bills win in week 1.

Alright.. let's see if your psychic skills can continue into this year.  You were right on the money all year last year, so let's get it crackin for week 1.  My team against yours!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 12:27:58 PM »

Alright.. let's see if your psychic skills can continue into this year.  You were right on the money all year last year, so let's get it crackin for week 1.  My team against yours!

I sure am off to a good start.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »

I sure am off to a good start.

Yeah, you need to head to Vegas right about now