Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3807 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2011, 06:40:58 AM »
So you think INAD was a bigger hit and more popular than G Thang or What's My Name or Forgot About Dre?
On an individual chart level? Yes. It was a bigger hit. However, popularity is a tough thing to measure. Those songs you mention are from a different era and have aged significantly well in the 10-18 years they've been out. But the fact is "I Need A Doctor" is one of Dr. Dre's most succesful singles.

As I said, sales figures are manipulated by those in the industry. Sales numbers these days and have no cred.  That is why you see enormous 2nd week fall off in sales. 

As far as popularity goes, those songs I mentioned were 100000x more popular than INAD.  You wanna talk sales?  How many albums did Chronic sell?  Doggystyle?  2001? 

That's industry talk clouding your brain.
What industry talk exactly? We're on the same forum. Having the same discussion. I'm not on a cell phone chatting it up with Teddy Chung about points on the next Snoop record. 
[/quote]

No, but the way you talk parrots music industry talking points.  Talking like sales are the black and white definition of someones biggest hit.  Trying to convince people that INAD is Dre's biggest hit lol.

jeromechickenbone

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2011, 06:48:53 AM »
Sales might not determine what is good but they are a pretty good measuring stick of what is a hit.

So you think INAD was a bigger hit and more popular than G Thang or What's My Name or Forgot About Dre?

That's industry talk clouding your brain.

FACT: It's a bigger hit in 2011 than Dre's other singles were in the years they were released (with the exception of G Thang). If not sales or radio spins what the fuck do you want to judge it by? Your ranking of the favorite songs from your childhood is not a measure of how popular songs were.

INAD is not even in the same ballpark popularity wise.  What do I judge it by?  Are you retarded?  We're on a westcoast rap board almost completely because of Dre's hits in the 90's :-X

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2011, 06:52:30 AM »
On an individual chart level? Yes. It was a bigger hit. However, popularity is a tough thing to measure. Those songs you mention are from a different era and have aged significantly well in the 10-18 years they've been out. But the fact is "I Need A Doctor" is one of Dr. Dre's most succesful singles.

This is correct. Lasting appeal is something that occurs over time and is different than instantaneous popularity. "I Need a Doctor" just came out, so no one knows how relevant it will be to Dre's career 10 years from now. For example, "NY State of Mind" didn't have a big impact for Nas when it came out, but its lasting appeal to his fans has made it one of Nas's most memorable songs. "I Can" was Nas's most successful single, but I doubt his core fanbase thinks much of it.

INAD was out less than a year ago and nobody talks about that bullshit ass record.  You don't need to wait 10 years, people will still say it is arguably the worst song dre has ever associated himself with. 

I know you loved that song, but it doesn't make it his biggest hit. 

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2011, 07:02:04 AM »
NIK your credibility in this thread has been revoked. Stupid ass arguing against sales and radio spins.

lol, speakin of credibility, when cham is the only one siding with u, u know u lost.

Only two people have disagreed with me. You and Jrome, who also believes Jay-Z is in the illuminati and aliens are taking over the earth. You're still going on because you can't stand being wrong. And Jrome refuses to believe anything he can claim is a conspiracy.

Lmao @ these pussies resorting to ad hominems (yes irony) when they can't argue.  You bore me son.  Go back and watch cartoons.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2011, 09:14:38 AM »

Sccit

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
one day spice-2 and cham are gunna meet up and fuck

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
one day spice-2 and cham are gunna meet up and fuck my mother.

Sccit

« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2011, 05:24:19 PM »
^so u and spice-2 are guna meet up and double team ur mom? lol@bisexual incest

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2011, 06:05:14 PM »
Lmao @ these pussies resorting to ad hominems (yes irony) when they can't argue.  You bore me son.  Go back and watch cartoons.

Moron. Pointing out that you're a conspiracy theorist isn't an ad hominem when you're going on about the industry controlling people's brains. You have the worst reasoning I've ever seen in a person. Anything you don't want to believe you can simply throw off as deception by the powers that be.

lmao @ making up lies when you can't argue. I can't stand the song. And you still can't comprehend that this conversation has nothing to do with our feelings toward the song.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:45 PM »

Moron. Pointing out that you're a conspiracy theorist isn't an ad hominem when you're going on about the industry controlling people's brains. You have the worst reasoning I've ever seen in a person. Anything you don't want to believe you can simply throw off as deception by the powers that be.

lmao @ making up lies when you can't argue. I can't stand the song. And you still can't comprehend that this conversation has nothing to do with our feelings toward the song.

Show me where I ever said aliens are taking over the earth? You can't because you're full of shit. Just because you're too dumbed-down and narrow-minded to have grown up discussions doesn't mean u should get mad and make up shit.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:43 PM »

Show me where I ever said aliens are taking over the earth? You can't because you're full of shit. Just because you're too dumbed-down and narrow-minded to have grown up discussions doesn't mean u should get mad and make up shit.

No, you are full of shit. All your crazy posts are well-documented in ToT. There's no reason for anyone here to take you seriously. Look at the links in your sig for crying out loud.

2euce 7even

« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2011, 11:25:16 AM »
Fuck Snoop Dogg.
Bring "Doggy Dogg" Back.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »
As I said, sales figures are manipulated by those in the industry. Sales numbers these days and have no cred.  That is why you see enormous 2nd week fall off in sales. 
By that rationale, shouldn't they be manipulating the later weeks when the sales ACTUALLY start to slip? It just isn't a strong theory. Sales are supposed to be the strongest on the first week. That's the culmination of all the promotion and buzz. I can think of very few circumnstances were that's not the case.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
By that rationale, shouldn't they be manipulating the later weeks when the sales ACTUALLY start to slip? It just isn't a strong theory. Sales are supposed to be the strongest on the first week. That's the culmination of all the promotion and buzz. I can think of very few circumnstances were that's not the case.

Then you haven't been paying attention to the charts historically. Albums used to stay on the charts for months / years until the industry changed it's model in favor of disposable music that people would get tired of after a week and be ready for their next fix. They completlely abandoned albums in favor of singles.

Also, it was very common for albums to go gold / plat very slowly over time, often take months years to happen. Whereas today, if u don't go plat with the 1st week or 2, it isn't likely to happen because nearly everything put out by the majors is built to be disposable and extremely trendy so that they can exploit it for as much as possible, then on to the next one.

It is their model that has destroyed the industry, not illegal downloads.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2011, 01:24:06 PM »

No, you are full of shit. All your crazy posts are well-documented in ToT. There's no reason for anyone here to take you seriously. Look at the links in your sig for crying out loud.

Just like I thought, you're a liar. A liar with a jheri curl smh. I've been on this board for a while, I have plenty of credibility. You on the other hand think I need a doctor is dres biggest hit. Let's just say u really have zero place to talk about cred on here lol.