Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3823 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2011, 06:27:58 PM »
This forum is sad. Like I pointed out on page one, we switched "Snoop" with "Lil' Wayne", this forum would be going ape shit over how wack he is. But Snoop Dogg...oh, he gets a pass.

Funkstradamus

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2011, 01:05:37 AM »
This forum is sad. Like I pointed out on page one, we switched "Snoop" with "Lil' Wayne", this forum would be going ape shit over how wack he is. But Snoop Dogg...oh, he gets a pass.
Thats because he may make shit like this but he still makes music for his core fan base even if he can't sell it or get it played on MTV and radio.  I can't knock the man for being about his paper...ain't nobody mainstream playing G-Funk or Gangsta Rap anymore and he sees that so he doing what he gotta do but he still make G-Shit for his fans (ya'll forget about all them free Welcome To The Chuuuch's?)  the day im done with Snoop will be the day he stops making shit for his core fans and is strictly pop...

Sccit

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2011, 12:07:17 PM »
Thats because he may make shit like this but he still makes music for his core fan base even if he can't sell it or get it played on MTV and radio.  I can't knock the man for being about his paper...ain't nobody mainstream playing G-Funk or Gangsta Rap anymore and he sees that so he doing what he gotta do but he still make G-Shit for his fans (ya'll forget about all them free Welcome To The Chuuuch's?)  the day im done with Snoop will be the day he stops making shit for his core fans and is strictly pop...

yes

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2011, 12:26:04 PM »
Yeah, agreed. He makes music for his core fans throughout his albums. But it's still awful compared to his older shit. I mean, naturally, rappers get worse the longer they've been around. So Snoop makes some Gangsta songs, but those songs are awful. Then to sell his albums Snoop makes some ridiculous pop song that's REALLY awful to help sell his album. I mean, fair enough, that's the business.

But even if you listen to Carter IV, Wayne is still rapping. He has songs like Blunt Blowin', Megaman, President Carter, It's Good, & a couple others where he is rapping. You can say what you will whether those songs are good or bad, but he's still rapping. Then, like Snoop & every other mainstream artist, he's got his ridiculous "How To Love" & other nonsense to sell it.

They both go by the same formula. Stupid popular songs that are sellout & the rest of the album is rapping how they usually would. Yet Snoop is a G, "just gettin' paper" & Wayne is another gay sellout mainstream act. Double standards.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
See thats the thing, we are comparing Snoop to Wayne, wich is kind of low...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)
if this is true...i just lost alot of respect for Snoop....strictly off of the weak ass artists he has collaborated with since...

He was also 18-19 years old and didn't know any better. Plus I'm sure Suge had control over guest appearances from his artists back in those days.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
Am I the only one who thought "Doggumentary" was actually one of his better albums?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2011, 11:37:10 PM »

To be honest & put my "Hip Hop elitist goggles on", Wayne is clearly an awful rapper & I still think it's an insult to say Snoop is even worthy of Wayne's class.

I know a lot of people have his poster on their walls, but he's complete ass.

midwestryder

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:28 PM »

To be honest & put my "Hip Hop elitist goggles on", Wayne is clearly an awful rapper & I still think it's an insult to say Snoop is even worthy of Wayne's class.

Hip Hop elitist goggles must not work right because if they did they would tell you the snoop dogg is hip hop story teller like scarface,eazy-e slick rick & kool g Rap not lyrcist. also the Hip Hop elitist goggles would tell lil wwayne sucks compared to snoop dogg because snoop dogg is known as mc for story telling but you new school kids have no idea about story telling means in hip hop .

Sccit

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
Yeah, agreed. He makes music for his core fans throughout his albums. But it's still awful compared to his older shit. I mean, naturally, rappers get worse the longer they've been around. So Snoop makes some Gangsta songs, but those songs are awful. Then to sell his albums Snoop makes some ridiculous pop song that's REALLY awful to help sell his album. I mean, fair enough, that's the business.

But even if you listen to Carter IV, Wayne is still rapping. He has songs like Blunt Blowin', Megaman, President Carter, It's Good, & a couple others where he is rapping. You can say what you will whether those songs are good or bad, but he's still rapping. Then, like Snoop & every other mainstream artist, he's got his ridiculous "How To Love" & other nonsense to sell it.

They both go by the same formula. Stupid popular songs that are sellout & the rest of the album is rapping how they usually would. Yet Snoop is a G, "just gettin' paper" & Wayne is another gay sellout mainstream act. Double standards.

wayne is a fake blood and has completely changed his formula...and all his shit sucks nowadays. at least when u listen 2 a snoop album nowadays, ull always find a few nice cuts...wayne is just complete garbage. forget whether he's a sell out or not, his music just sucks and the dude is a fraud.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »

Hip Hop elitist goggles must not work right because if they did they would tell you the snoop dogg is hip hop story teller like scarface,eazy-e slick rick & kool g Rap not lyrcist. also the Hip Hop elitist goggles would tell lil wwayne sucks compared to snoop dogg because snoop dogg is known as mc for story telling but you new school kids have no idea about story telling means in hip hop .

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Hgf6jkp8bwQ&amp;ob=av2n" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Hgf6jkp8bwQ&amp;ob=av2n</a>

Umm, no. I think the goggles are working just fine LMAO.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »

wayne is a fake blood and has completely changed his formula...and all his shit sucks nowadays. at least when u listen 2 a snoop album nowadays, ull always find a few nice cuts...wayne is just complete garbage. forget whether he's a sell out or not, his music just sucks and the dude is a fraud.

Nigga, there are no excuses. It's still a sellout move to make songs like the one I posted above.It's nondebateable. I don't care if he released an entire free mixtape of the most gangsta tracks he's ever made, he's a sellout.

& being a fraud has nothing to do with being a "sellout". Rick Ross is not a real drug dealer, it doesn't make him a sellout. He still makes the same music he's made his whole career.

You're only further proving my point that Snoop gets to be on the other side of this & you have personal bias against Lil' Wayne which is why if this thread was about Lil' Wayne is would be "unquestionable" that he's a sellout.

Sccit

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2011, 12:44:57 PM »
cuz wayne sucks ass...what dont u get?

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »
Does snoop matter anymore? And fags need to quit with the sellout shit. What the fuck do u sell music for if u ain't tryna make money? If that means makin a song wit a boy band then who gives a fuck? Get the money. Nobody stays the same way they were when they were 18 anyway. What the fuck does sellin out even mean anyway?

sellin out means doin gay shit for money...if u dont get this, then go watch a blazers game, son.

No it means they used to sell music u like ans now they sell music u don't like. Who gives a fuck. He had the sense to change with the times. It aint his fault dubcc is still waiting for a new king tee and a new jayo felony to come out. Bottom line u can't call somebody a sell out for doin what the fuck they wanna do. N speakin of gay shit, andrew bynum is a fuckin fag.

snoop used to make music he truly felt, comin from the soul. now he makes music with homosexual boybands and u know that he thinks it's gay deep down inside...now, when someone is hustlin and tryna stay on top of shit, i can respect that, so no love lost for Snoop. but for u not to understand what it means to sell out is pretty funny. and LOL, ur star is brandon roy and u callin bynum a fag? smh..not only is he gayer than bynum, even his knees are worse :-X

who is anybody on this forum to say snoop isnt doing shit that he wants do? and if selling out means doing shit you dont want to do for money, then anybody who has ever had a job they didnt like is a sell out too. and even though i dont wanna get into the nba shit too much at least in this section, bynum is a fag cuz hes always tryna hurt a little guy. cp3,barea etc...and b roy aint gay he jus has the knees of a 67 year old. and the star of the blazers is clearly aldridge...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:16 PM »
cuz wayne sucks ass...what dont u get?

Snoop is easily worse than Wayne. But that's a whole other conversation.

There is no avoiding they both use the same marketing strategies. Both are sellouts.