Author Topic: Week 2 NFL Regular Season Official Thread  (Read 1051 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: Week 2 NFL Regular Season Official Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 03:29:27 PM »
Sanchez outplayed manning,Brady and roethlisberger in three consecutive weeks on the road in the playoffs last year. Hes fine, still young butmore then capable. And has proven in only two years hes very clutch.He may never be a top five qb but he can be a top ten. Jets would never take manning now. Sanchez is their qb and will be for ten plus years.

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 03:48:13 PM »
I agree that Sanchez will never be a big time QB but he's ideal for the Jets (focus on defense and running the ball). Worse QB's than Sanchez (Grossman, Collins, Dilfer, etc) have had super bowl success with similar systems (run & defense).
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
Sanchez outplayed manning,Brady and roethlisberger in three consecutive weeks on the road in the playoffs last year. Hes fine, still young butmore then capable. And has proven in only two years hes very clutch.He may never be a top five qb but he can be a top ten. Jets would never take manning now. Sanchez is their qb and will be for ten plus years.

That's just plain stupid. Sanchez on the Colts would be as bad as Collins. Manning on the Jets would have been "will they 3peat or not?" this year. Manning played an oustanding game against a pehnominal Jets D, while Sanchez was over throwing wide open WRs against a terrible Colts D all game. Watch the game and tell me Sanchez outplayed Manning. Show me where he played better than Manning. Comparing QBs is as silly as comparing Ds.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
Or maybe the headlines would be manning chokes yet again in playoffs! Life isn't fantasy, I only discuss reality, not a bunch of fantasy what Ifs that can't be proven one way or another.What if the jets had freeney too, hell throw in Woodson and Matthews and Chris Johnson! That team would be unstoppable! ::)

Furthermore, saying Sanchez would as bad as Collins is just dumb. That offense is built around manning and nobody else. Any qb given less then a month to learn on offense built around a player no longer playing is going to be horrible.

You have this weird thought being a system qb automatically makes them suck. Not every qb needs to be an all time great to make a great team. The jets are built so Sanchez succeeds within the team,He doesn't need to put the team on his back the same way Brady and roethlisberger are. And guess what? Thats how you build a winning franchise.The jets are a top five team in the league and Sanchez keeps getting better. When it's all said and done Sanchez will have more rings then Peyton.

You can ballwash manning all you like, but hes choked repeatedly in the playoffs throughout his career.You love to blame everyone but Peyton, and give everyone but Brady credit. Your schtick is old and tiresome, talk about something else
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:20:10 PM by Jaydc is back »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 11:56:40 AM »
Or maybe the headlines would be manning chokes yet again in playoffs! Life isn't fantasy, I only discuss reality, not a bunch of fantasy what Ifs that can't be proven one way or another.What if the jets had freeney too, hell throw in Woodson and Matthews and Chris Johnson! That team would be unstoppable! ::)

Furthermore, saying Sanchez would as bad as Collins is just dumb. That offense is built around manning and nobody else. Any qb given less then a month to learn on offense built around a player no longer playing is going to be horrible.

You have this weird thought being a system qb automatically makes them suck. Not every qb needs to be an all time great to make a great team. The jets are built so Sanchez succeeds within the team,He doesn't need to put the team on his back the same way Brady and roethlisberger are. And guess what? Thats how you build a winning franchise.The jets are a top five team in the league and Sanchez keeps getting better. When it's all said and done Sanchez will have more rings then Peyton.

You can ballwash manning all you like, but hes choked repeatedly in the playoffs throughout his career.You love to blame everyone but Peyton, and give everyone but Brady credit. Your schtick is old and tiresome, talk about something else

The system doesn't mean a QB sucks. Sucking makes a QB suck and when Mark Sanchez has a wide open WR running deep down the field Mark has a 75% chance of missing the throw. He simply did not have a good game and when the Jets were passing the ball instead of running in the first half Sanchez made the Colts D look like the 85 Bears. It was in half #2 when the Jets committed to the run that the Indy D was totally exposed.

And Infy's problem is not Kerry Colins. He's playing fine. As good as most great QBs would play with a team that gives you less than 2 seconds in the pocket, can't run the ball, WRs can't get open or break for runs after the catch and a defense that keeps you on the bench for 15 minutes at a time. Only Peyton, Dan Marino, and Johnny Unitas could play well on that team. That has been my point for years. The Colts aren't a good football team, while the Pats, and the Jets now, are. It has very little to do with the QB.

polepositon

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:10 PM »
the titans wont do shit else. that was the Ravens fault. Neways.

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
False

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 05:38:14 PM »
False

It'll defifintely be intersting to see how they unfold this year. The win against Baltimore was amazing but the loss to Jacksonville was horrible.

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
False
It'll defifintely be intersting to see how they unfold this year. The win against Baltimore was amazing but the loss to Jacksonville was horrible.
I think they win 9, maybe 10 games.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
False

I won't even look at the schedule because I'm waiting to see if week 1 wasa a growing pains loss or week 2 was a fluke. Or maybe they're just a flip flop team this year. I expect them to beat Denver but I expected them to beat the Jags too.

Lunatic

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
False

I won't even look at the schedule because I'm waiting to see if week 1 wasa a growing pains loss or week 2 was a fluke. Or maybe they're just a flip flop team this year. I expect them to beat Denver but I expected them to beat the Jags too.
Schedule is relatively easy. 9-10 wins is realistic. I'll change my tune if they lose to the Broncos Sunday.

east bay funk

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
hey shallow, i need your Lock of the week.... and a couple other games u like.. thanks

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
my 4 picks that I consider locks:

NWO by 5 over HOU
TEN by 8 over DEN
NYJ by 4 over OAK
ARZ by 4 over SEA

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 11:34:30 PM »
Even as a Jets fan, I wouldn't consider this week a "lock". Still favorites because of our defense.

We got a banged up offensive line & the Raiders one of the league's best pass rush. Mark isn't exactly..."elite" lol. Could spell disaster.

Lunatic

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 12:25:42 AM »
Even as a Jets fan, I wouldn't consider this week a "lock". Still favorites because of our defense.

We got a banged up offensive line & the Raiders one of the league's best pass rush. Mark isn't exactly..."elite" lol. Could spell disaster.
I still think the Jets win a close one. Jason Campbell will be 10X worse than Mark and that will be the difference maker