Author Topic: What was the best album of the year so far?  (Read 620 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: What was the best album of the year so far?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »

the mainstream still sucks though and is in need of a big debut/big project album for years ... a "Get rich or die trying " , "College Dropout" or a "The Documentary"

WTT was a big project, no?

But its not in the category of greatness like the albums named above. All 3 shit on WTT.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy shits >>> The Documentary

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 02:59:12 PM »

the mainstream still sucks though and is in need of a big debut/big project album for years ... a "Get rich or die trying " , "College Dropout" or a "The Documentary"

But its not in the category of greatness like the albums named above. All 3 shit on WTT.

I disagree ... MBDTF was nothing special to me and  was vastly overrated here ... reading that some people thought it is Kanye second best album was  kind of mind blowing ... well to each his own

Invincible

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »

It really doesn't. I can only listen to 3 tracks of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. I can listen to the majority of Documentary.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 04:16:23 PM »
My dark twisted fantasy was dope, and kanyes best album critically. I don't know how it canbe mind blowing when the album got rave reviews from every publication

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 05:56:08 PM »
MBDTF got rave reviews way better than The Documentary. It was a great album all the way through. The Documentary is just a good mainstream album that got extremely overhyped because it was supposed to bring the west back. People shit on Game now yet don't realize it was the same Game on The Documentary, just with Dre beats behind him.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
I think Kanye's last album was his worst. However, not in a bad way. It was still an incredible album. Just compared to his first three, it was a small step below.

The Documentary was definitely better. & this is coming from somebody whose been labeled as the boards biggest Game hater lol.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
Kanyes album was much better. Documentary didn't have a personality. Kanyes album was his creation, his vision. Listening to documentary it's obvious game is just along for the ride and stands out very little. Making the album forgettable. Tell me you couldn't insert any other gruff voiced emcee and it wouldn't be damn near the same album.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 07:14:48 PM »
Tell me you couldn't insert any other gruff voiced emcee and it wouldn't be damn near the same album.

Could be true. But were talking album to album, not artist to artist. Kanye is 100 times the artist Game is. However, whether it was Dre's production or 50's leading direction, The Documentary was a better album to me.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 10:26:41 PM »

Agreed.

kemizt

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »
Watch The Throne but great call with throwin Bad Meets Evil in the mix...like the dude said these guys r out of their prime and shit all over game and weezy's albums

still got high hopes for KRIT and yela