Author Topic: The 50 Worst Rap Album Fails  (Read 618 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: The 50 Worst Rap Album Fails
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 09:32:51 AM »
people are throwing around the world "classic" very freely nowadays
if an album is 15 years old, its a "classic"

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
I thought this article was shit to be honest. I wouldnt call it a good read. I'm not going to sit here and call a lot of the albums on there classics but of the 50 in there, maybe only 20 of them are truly 'bad' albums. It just seems like Complex needed to fill up their web content and went reaching.

D-TalkX

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 12:57:48 PM »
Interesting read for sure...mostly based on one guys opinion on a lot of reviews but some he got right. Rae's Immobilarity is one of the worst albums I ever heard. I remember poppin' that in and laughin it was so bad ha.

D-TalkX

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 12:59:03 PM »
Still don't get how ppl think Doggfather was bad...It was just "different" but still consider it to be an awesome album. Ton of big tunes.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
Again, I think people are misunderstanding the idea behind the article. They aren't syaing these are the WORST albums in rap or even the worst ones in the respective rapper's careers. They are naming the albums that were the worst career steps. For instance, Doggfather isn't a bad album but as a follow-up to Doggystyle, it really killed some momentum. If you list albums like Nastradamous. Dre presents The Aftermath. Puff Daddy Forever. Canibus' debut. The Firm. Doggfather. Mobb Deep Blood Money. The MC Hammer gangsta album. Kris Kross' second album. Ja Ruke Blood In The Eye. There is kind of a theme going there and I think they are fairly perceptive in that regard. Again, we all have. It's more about bad timing than bad albums.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2011, 02:06:42 PM »
Again, I think people are misunderstanding the idea behind the article. They aren't syaing these are the WORST albums in rap or even the worst ones in the respective rapper's careers. They are naming the albums that were the worst career steps. For instance, Doggfather isn't a bad album but as a follow-up to Doggystyle, it really killed some momentum. If you list albums like Nastradamous. Dre presents The Aftermath. Puff Daddy Forever. Canibus' debut. The Firm. Doggfather. Mobb Deep Blood Money. The MC Hammer gangsta album. Kris Kross' second album. Ja Ruke Blood In The Eye. There is kind of a theme going there and I think they are fairly perceptive in that regard. Again, we all have. It's more about bad timing than bad albums.

No I completely understand the article. And I still disagree with more than half the choices. And if what you're saying is the case then the title of the article is nonsense.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:59:11 AM »
i'm surprised they didn't list helter skelter

Raphael

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
I know that a lot of people were disappointed in "Beats Rhymes and Life" but it shouldn't have been that high up on the list.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:52:34 AM by Raphael »