Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 1372 times)

Okka

The Walking Dead
« on: October 23, 2011, 07:07:14 AM »

Great show, definitely the best that's on TV right now. I'm about to check out the first episode of the second season, the 2nd episode is premierin' tonight on AMC @ 9:00 PM.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
It's a fun show to check out, but definitely the best?  Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Louie would all disagree about that. 

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 01:16:47 AM »
The 2nd season 1st ep was cool too.

Like the 1st season.

but the comics are waaaaaaaaaaaay better.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
^ that.

The comics are infinitely better. I watchedthe first season before reading the comics. And man, it's not even close. Everything they added was trash. The show moves at a snails pace compared to the comics.

JohnnyL

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 11:10:12 PM »
^ that.

The comics are infinitely better. I watchedthe first season before reading the comics. And man, it's not even close. Everything they added was trash. The show moves at a snails pace compared to the comics.

Yeah.  This pretty much sums up how I've felt about the show, thus far.  Actually, I'd probably think they show was great if I hadn't read the comics. But having read the comics first, I keep waiting for the pacing of the show to move more quickly, but not only is it not doing that, it's moving in a lot of different directions.

Okka

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 06:06:22 AM »
I haven't read the comics, but i really wanna see them. I gotta see if i can find some of them on eBay.

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:59 PM »
I haven't read the comics, but i really wanna see them. I gotta see if i can find some of them on eBay.

You should do that, The Comics are a real Page Turner, once you start reading its going to be hard to stop. If you like the comic i would recommend you to try Invincible, its a Super Hero story from the same guy who writes Walking dead.

doggfather

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 03:49:54 AM »
ű

you have to!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
^ that.

It took a me a while to get into the comic. The first issue was all had read and it was so emotionless. But then someone that loved the book told me that he thought the same about the first issue, so I read a few more. Definitely better than the TV show. Already halfway through season 2 and it's become a show I wtch only because most everything else sucks.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 08:54:35 PM »
Saw one, my first, episode today. Not too impressed.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 10:04:46 PM »
I guess I'll skip the comics until the show's over then. :P

I love the show but agree the action's a little slow. Guess I shouldn't read the comics or I'll start to get annoyed with the pace of the show.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 10:33:23 PM »
This episode wasn't very good. That whole well scene felt shoe horned in just to have a zombie in it. And what's with Darryl having that story about the rose? A redneck who knows that much about native history? Not likely.

I'm getting annoyed with the Sophia misssing story line. They are REALLY dragging this out

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 10:42:22 PM »
The story is moving very slow indeed. They Handled the whole "Carl got shot" situation in about 15 pages in the comic.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
I'm getting annoyed with the Sophia misssing story line. They are REALLY dragging this out

Okka

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
I agree this season been really slow, but hopefully that's gonna change when the show returns after the 2 week break. The mid season finale ending was good, i really wanna see what's gon' happen next.