Author Topic: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)  (Read 4856 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: nelly vs drake (whats the difference?)
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
If you want r&b music, a Drake album is the bottom of the barrel. There's so much better music to listen to. I fuck with Nelly's first album because its unique and nothing out there sounds like it. He's not a lyricist, but at least he can say he came with his own style.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »
If you want r&b music, a Drake album is the bottom of the barrel. There's so much better music to listen to. I fuck with Nelly's first album because its unique and nothing out there sounds like it. He's not a lyricist, but at least he can say he came with his own style.

This. I can't take anyone praising drake serious.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 10:42:50 PM »
dont lie jay you know some where in the back of your sock drawer behind the roofies and next to the k y  you know you got a gold grill back there.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
drake is a WAYYY better rapper then nelly ever was too.

i LOL'd literally.....

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »

To me - drake = random punchlines + braggadocio + lil wayne voice.  Never understood what was so great about him, but I guess hes on the right label at the right time with the right co signs.

At least Nelly came up with a different sounding style at the time. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:27:36 PM by Russell Bell »
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:12 PM »
how he bit e 40 and bone thugs

rayallen0

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »

To me - drake = random punchlines + braggadocio + lil wayne voice.  Never understood what was so great about him, but I guess hes on the right label at the right time with the right co signs.

lmao...Drake was getting co signs from Little Brother & Elzhi in 08...Young Money had nothing to do with it. He broke out big before young money.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
how he bit e 40 and bone thugs

Bone thugs maybe but how did he copy 40?

And still, Drake goes as far as stealing Wayne's regional accent..pretty pathetic and really off putting for me as a listener.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »

lmao...Drake was getting co signs from Little Brother & Elzhi in 08...Young Money had nothing to do with it. He broke out big before young money.

Exposure isnt the same as breaking out big

"Im like an airplane - fly
Would wife a bitch - but why
She still unzip my - fly
Got the green like a gardener - high"

Thats what most of his songs sound like to me.  Someone post something of decent value and ill give it a chance.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:02:31 PM by Russell Bell »

rayallen0

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 08:16:03 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Chbemr1wCbQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Chbemr1wCbQ</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AmSFP3veWyc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AmSFP3veWyc</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDpFBSDr-yg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JDpFBSDr-yg</a>

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:57 AM »
Getting co signs by artists that don't sell shit isn't breaking out big lol. Anyone who doesn't believe drake was already signed during that whole " bidding war" is an idiot.

rayallen0

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 01:00:40 AM »
Getting co signs by artists that don't sell shit isn't breaking out big lol. Anyone who doesn't believe drake was already signed during that whole " bidding war" is an idiot.
ok...so then does a co sign from Trey Songz count?  ::)

He had a strong buzz before Wayne signed him and really find it humorous that so called hip hop heads are denying that ever happened.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 01:14:12 AM »
He got a co sign by an r & b artist that he paid to do hooks for him. Wow, stop the presses!!!!His buzz was a result of him being pushed as an artist. Best I ever had was being pushed by a major, that whole bidding war was nonsense. He was signed the whole time.

rayallen0

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 01:37:20 AM »
He got a co sign by an r & b artist that he paid to do hooks for him. Wow, stop the presses!!!!His buzz was a result of him being pushed as an artist. Best I ever had was being pushed by a major, that whole bidding war was nonsense. He was signed the whole time.

LMAO. You have an unhealthy obsession with Drake. He is obviously not your type of artist but you try to make it your goal in life so nobody can enjoy him. Stop listening to him, it's simple.

I don't like Cam'ron but if people think he is dope more power to them. They get to enjoy something I don't.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 02:23:50 AM »
I don't listen to him. I just hate his fans.