Author Topic: The Return of Shade Sheist. *Read*  (Read 170 times)

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
The Return of Shade Sheist. *Read*
« on: January 27, 2003, 12:26:46 PM »
Residents of Southern California were treated to the virtual return of Shade Sheist last wednesday on Power 106. He first appeared on the Big Boy show to unveil his newest record "Rude Awakening" which was meant to be the Wake Up Remix but has now turned into a return record which will appear on the Baby Ree / Hoobangin release "Ghetto Gutter and Gangsta." The song features major support from Butch Cassidy, Knoc-Turn'Al, Mack 10, N.U.N.E., Warren G, and OGLB. The music is an interpolation of Mobb Deep's "Shook Ones" and I must say the record is hard. Shade obviously isn't playing anymore, as evident in his second appearence on Power later that day during the GoodFella's afternoon show. "I'm out, and I just wanted to let everybody know" he starts. He shed light on his recent removal from MCA calling them "worthless" and urging all new artists to stay away from them. He had more than a few words for Chuck Phillips, the editor who doctored several bullsh*t stories about Shade's success at radio, calling him "ignorant" and "very unaware of the music industry and how it works." He also added an indirect warning that Chuck may want to stay low profile for a while if he wanted to avoid random attacks for upsetting individuals beyond himself with his recent stories including the "Who Killed Tupac" article. 'Rude Awakening' was spun again, and the response was significantly high according to the surge of calls requesting a repeat play of the record. The final appearence of the day had to be the best as Shade returned for his favorite show, the Felli Fel show and held no punches. He didn't repeat anything he had already touched on earlier, but instead was more in-depth with new information about his future. He mentioned that he "took a back-seat to exposing fake artists" because his intentions up to this point were to be the formulated artist with no conflict. But becoming a free-agent comes with "good news and bad news" shade says and laughs. "The good news is that I can now do whatever the hell I want creatively. Which means that I can really say fuck you to all my critics. The bad news is that i'm headhunting any and everybody who wronged me last year. He then prompted Felli to premiere an untitled record he had just recorded with Damizza and Titus Fu*k on top of 50 Cent's "In Da Club" which was ingeniously mixed with an old NWA record and begins with words from Eazy-E. Titus and Damizza shine on the record but Shade attacks individuals he chose to leave nameless, and leaves us wondering who he is talking about. I have my suspicions. All in all Shade Sheist debuted 2 very different records than we're use to from him, and says this is only the beginning. "You better watch." I have both of the records in perfect quality but I am having trouble sending them to my folks at WestCoast 2K and DubCNN.com. If anyone can assist me, I will be glad to share the records.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 12:36:04 PM by West_C_Internal »
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

KURUPTION-81

Re:The Return of Shade Sheist. *Read*
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 12:54:14 PM »
nice post

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 12:55:47 PM »
Thats Great News! Thanks. How Do You Wanna Go About Getting The Audio To Me/Lil Jay?

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

West_C_Internal

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 01:00:47 PM »
I can send a .wav file through e-mail? I'm not too familiar with the uploading process, but if you can send me instructions i'm sure i could figure it out.
Words We Live By: "You'll Know When We Do!"
-WestCoast Internal Public Relations

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2003, 01:08:27 PM »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network