Author Topic: NBA 2011/12 Pre-Season Thread  (Read 1015 times)

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: NBA 2011/12 Pre-Season Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
Mavs are always strong. I don't think they can repeat though to be honest. The West as a conference seemed slightly weaker last season (not taking anything away from Dallas of course). Mind you, I counted them out for the championship last season too so it shows what I know.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
Mavs are the deepest team in the league once again ( more a key than previous seasons regarding the insane rthym of this short season) ... Delonte is a very good pick up , he CAN play on both ends of the floor

Kidd/West/Beaubois
Terry/Carter/West (is Stevenson coming back ??)
Marion/LO (Peja ??)
Dirk/LO/Marion
Haywood/Mahimi

If they acquire a center ala Dalembert through sign and trade with Brewer and Rudy , they will be stacked

Cuban only wants to give out 1-year-contracts because the "secret" plan is to create around 18 mil of capspace to sign Dalllas native and fan Deron Williams via Free Agency. That's why they just straight up dealt Rudy and Brewer to Denver for virtually nothing. Now the only contracts above 3 mil that go beyond next season are Dirk, Haywood and Marion. Amnesty Marion next year and you can easily offer a max contract to D-Will without a sign-and-trade from the Nets. To have that plan and still manage to present a team that can compete this season is pretty good. It's also the reason why Chandler, Barea and Butler were cut lose, nobody wanted to sign for only 1 year, rumor is that Chandler declined a 20mil/1yr offer.

In other news, Nene just signed for reasonable money, ~66 mil/5yrs, with the....... Nuggets. Only Paul and Howard left now... and honestly, both might just stay with their teams for quite a few more weeks/months from what it looks like right now.

The Lakers and Heat should absolutely try to sign some decent PG, Billups would have been tremendous for both of them. Their PGs are hideously bad for a contender.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
^ Agreed, more so with the Lakers. Derek Fisher offers great leadership but virtually nothing besides that. He did have a good game against the Celtics during their last title run, but he's been a huge problem. Even during their title runs players on inferior teams like Westbrook, Brooks, etc gave them huge problems due to his inability to guard that position (also CP3 last year). He's worth having on the roster for being a good friend of Kobe's and a solid veteran presence, but they have to find a legit starting PG. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »
Looks like the last player to be amnestied this season will be Baron Davis. Don't get your hopes up for him. He's out 2-3 months because of back issues. Teams he'd sign for include Knicks, Lakers, Bobcats. I believe he's complete trash compared to what he used to be, but for the minimum he can still be an option to try out and see how it goes.
No, it's not a sin

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 12:52:15 AM »
You heard it here first: if the NBA finals involve the OKC Thunder, The Remedy 360 is officially on suicide watch.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 01:01:55 AM »
OKC Thunder won't make it to the Finals as long as both of its PF and C are THAT limited offensively ... plus Brickbrook getting a brain transplantation is a stretch too ....  they're obviously not far but I believe it when I see it

Lunatic

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
I'm expecting an abysmal year from my Raptors - Jamaal Magloire, Anthony Carter, Aaron Gray, Rasual Butler & Gary Forbes - what jokes of signings LOL

PG: Bayless/Calderon/Carter
SG: Derozan/Barbosa
SF: Kleiza/Rasual Butler/James Johnson/Gary Forbes
PF: Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
C: Andrea Bargnani/Jamaal Magloire/Aaron Gray

Just awful lol. I was actually hoping for a lockout, we'd be in a MUCH better position coming into next season (we'd get the kid from Lithuania and another top 5 pick).

I do like Casey as a coach though
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:43:16 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:05 PM »
I'm going to go bold. Pacers finish 4th in the East.

rayallen0

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 05:31:23 PM »

Shawn Marion has yellow hair now. He's 33.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
^He looks like a dyke lol
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2011, 11:50:58 AM »
I'm expecting an abysmal year from my Raptors - Jamaal Magloire, Anthony Carter, Aaron Gray, Rasual Butler & Gary Forbes - what jokes of signings LOL

PG: Bayless/Calderon/Carter
SG: Derozan/Barbosa
SF: Kleiza/Rasual Butler/James Johnson/Gary Forbes
PF: Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
C: Andrea Bargnani/Jamaal Magloire/Aaron Gray

Just awful lol. I was actually hoping for a lockout, we'd be in a MUCH better position coming into next season (we'd get the kid from Lithuania and another top 5 pick).

I do like Casey as a coach though

i like the raptors...bayless is nice, he has mad potential. bargnani is an offensive beast, he just needs to be used right. ed davis is a good prospect, as well as james johnson (who should start). amir johnson is also developing a pretty nice game....they wont make the playoffs, but theyll be exciting to watch. especially if there's any growth in derozan's game, which there should be.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »

Shawn Marion has yellow hair now. He's 33.

odom is depressed

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:43 AM »
Howard clearly wants to force a trade.. nigga played like a piece of shit against the Heat.. my God the Magic are going to suck.
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2011, 10:19:11 AM »
Howard clearly wants to force a trade.. nigga played like a piece of shit against the Heat.. my God the Magic are going to suck.

u cant be serious.....it's preseason, young'n. none of the stars are tryin.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »

u cant be serious.....it's preseason, young'n. none of the stars are tryin.

What Howard did was something else. Going through the motions is one thing, being put in ones place by Dexter Pittman is another. Plus he knew all eyes would be on him. Aren't you the same nigga who regularly makes fun of LeBron when some kid "embarrasses" him in some totally meaningless random charity game during off-season?
No, it's not a sin