Author Topic: Dre and Kurupt discussing Death Row and more stuff (November 1998) *Rare*  (Read 1850 times)

Will_B

Re: Dre and Kurupt discussing Death Row and more stuff (November 1998) *Rare*
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 12:48:32 AM »
I think it is entirely possible to do both. The longtime fans will be the toughest sell because they are too specific in what they want and anything other than that is the end of the world to them. He needs to stop worrying about doing either and just concern himself with making great music. Dre done had his hand in too many hit records not to have one more great album in him.

I agree. Detox will probably be the Return of the Jedi of the series tho.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2011, 12:59:28 AM »
I'm right with that. As long as it ain't the Phantom Menace.

Will_B

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2011, 03:38:16 AM »
I'm right with that. As long as it ain't the Phantom Menace.

+1

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »
I think it is entirely possible to do both. The longtime fans will be the toughest sell because they are too specific in what they want and anything other than that is the end of the world to them. He needs to stop worrying about doing either and just concern himself with making great music. Dre done had his hand in too many hit records not to have one more great album in him.
i think he had a nice sound in the last few years, its a shame he didnt release an album with his sound.

imo its pointless to start over again with detox. they should just hire some fans to pick songs from the vault haha!  :laugh:

HighEyeCue

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
i think he had a nice sound in the last few years, its a shame he didnt release an album with his sound.

imo its pointless to start over again with detox. they should just hire some fans to pick songs from the vault haha!  :laugh:

alot of the tracks he did with Mark Batson on Eminem's albums were for Detox

I don't like the idea of Dre as a featured rapper on other producers tracks, its pointless

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2011, 01:24:06 AM »

I don't like the idea of Dre as a featured rapper on other producers tracks, its pointless
really? i thought dre said he put detox aside, and worked with eminem a few months for his albums (relapse & relapse 2 at the time). the plan was 1 album, but they recorded so much, eminem wanted to release 2

HighEyeCue

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2011, 05:08:33 AM »

really? i thought dre said he put detox aside, and worked with eminem a few months for his albums (relapse & relapse 2 at the time). the plan was 1 album, but they recorded so much, eminem wanted to release 2

yeah, I know he said that he would release Detox after Eminems(Relapse) and 50's album in '09

IMO alot of those tracks were for Detox but you may be right, we need confirmation from Dre's people :laugh:

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2011, 11:08:43 AM »

yeah, I know he said that he would release Detox after Eminems(Relapse) and 50's album in '09

IMO alot of those tracks were for Detox but you may be right, we need confirmation from Dre's people :laugh:
fair enough.

crack a bottle could be detox leftover, im not sure. either way, relapse has a nice sound

HighEyeCue

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »

fair enough.

crack a bottle could be detox leftover, im not sure. either way, relapse has a nice sound

yeah, the couple of tracks he did on Recovery were dope as well

Gurfi

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2011, 09:28:46 PM »
Much tougher to put an album out now. The presurre is gigantic on his part and no matter what he does is people are likely to going to shit on it. Interscope is relying on him to give the music industry a shot in the arm. The West Coast needs him to create that interest so all these other guys can eat. The fans all want different shit and have grown increasingly impatient with all the delays. And on top of that, he got people leaking all these tracks and having the public SHIT on them. People are expecting the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL-TIME and that's a hard thing to just walk in and create.

In other words: he painted himself into a corner and he sure knows that

acgrundy

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »
Dre needs to put out the album that HE wants to make. If he makes an album for anyone other than himself, then it will fail. He needs his passion. He needs to make this album for himself. Not the fans, not the sales, not a game changer...just an album in which he feels is a masterpiece on his own terms.

He obviously can't please everyone. That being said, I would rather him put 100% passion into the album, what HE wants, rather than try and cater to some crowd and not be the real Dre.

But deep down I don't think this album will ever be released. I think Dre cares too much about what other people think about him, and he doesn't want to disappoint other people.

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2012, 01:25:14 PM »
Dre is done just like Peyton Manning

HighEyeCue

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2012, 03:13:59 PM »
Dre is done just like Peyton Manning

Dre could probably throw the ball farther these days though

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2012, 03:19:18 PM »
all dre needs is that one single and maybe a coupe other singles popping off at the same time by other artists (maybe like an em or snoop track) and thats enough to start a tour if he can get a tour off the ground again dre will be in for a hell of a run.

Will_B

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »
all dre needs is that one single and maybe a coupe other singles popping off at the same time by other artists (maybe like an em or snoop track) and thats enough to start a tour if he can get a tour off the ground again dre will be in for a hell of a run.

Lol^^ :camp: