Author Topic: Am I the only one that copped Mac and Devin Go to High school?  (Read 763 times)

Matty

Re: Am I the only one that copped Mac and Devin Go to High school?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »
lol, this album is good. fact the OP likes it is predictable, but i think most can agree there's nice vibes on here.

would i buy it though? nah, but it's a decent one to cop.

doggfather

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 08:56:04 AM »
lol this album is average...

at best.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »
might end up getting this

Mista Rosa

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 09:16:55 AM »
I'll have it on christmas. "Let's go study" is on heavy rotation. Havn't heard the rest but I think I won't be disappointed!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 10:33:23 AM »
Better than I expected it to be but still nothing mindblowing on there - solid production, I'll give it 6/10.

With that being said:

The Weed Iz Mine > any other Snoop/Wiz collabo

Okka

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 10:35:21 AM »
I didn't like the album that much, "That Good" is still one of my favorite songs that came out this year though.

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 11:04:17 AM »
Better than I expected it to be but still nothing mindblowing on there - solid production, I'll give it 6/10.

feel the same way.. the production is solid but something's missing. it has that old Dogghouse soulful type of vibe (Doggy All Stars compilation) except that the production is not as good IMO. Wiz and Snoop have good chemistry too and they complement each other well. sounds natural and spontaneous, not forced at all. better than Hov & Ye even though Hov is a better MC than Snoop (as of today) and I prefer Kanye over Wiz.

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 11:11:04 AM »
Nothing Special!...It Deserved That 'M' Rating It Got From XXLmag.com!

XXL reviews are what's hot now?  ::)

even if i'm not agree with this Rating, i can't say that they gives good rating only for the emcee's and group's that are hot now !
they give an XL rating for The Outlawz last project, for Follow me home, Glasses malone's album, Terrace Martin's album Locke High 2 got an XL too
main effect many rappers that are not Lil Wayne or drake !!
XXL rating were good this years even if  "Mac and Devin" deserve an L or XL IMO

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

at best.
true

So Much Style

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 12:55:41 PM »
Really diggin 630, french inhale, lets go study, i get lifted, and og! Sick album
So much style back at it again

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
No you're not

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 02:11:02 PM »

at best.

This^^

PLANT

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 02:15:56 PM »
After a few spins of this album, I would give it a 6/10.  Has some really solid tracks on it, but some of Snoops verses on other songs are terrible.  Has anyone else noticed Snoop is almost turning out "Kurupt" like verses lately?  This shit like "dominate, demonstrate, motivate, captivate" stuff?.  He needs to drop that shit, it sounds wack as fuck.  And he keeps using it on all kinds of songs too.  Shits weak. 

But the tracks like "Smokin On", "I Get Lifted" "Put it in a Zag" "That Good" are really solid tracks.  Even "Young, Wild & Free" is great for a single.

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
After a few spins of this album, I would give it a 6/10.  Has some really solid tracks on it, but some of Snoops verses on other songs are terrible.  Has anyone else noticed Snoop is almost turning out "Kurupt" like verses lately?  This shit like "dominate, demonstrate, motivate, captivate" stuff?.  He needs to drop that shit, it sounds wack as fuck.  And he keeps using it on all kinds of songs too.  Shits weak. 

But the tracks like "Smokin On", "I Get Lifted" "Put it in a Zag" "That Good" are really solid tracks.  Even "Young, Wild & Free" is great for a single.

Snoops doin uninspired/recycled yada yada raps + just talking over beats. Mainly coz this is a soundtrack, not a main album.

Wiz is 'ok'. Always sounds a bit forced, and I don't think he writes all his own stuff.

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »

Snoops doin uninspired/recycled yada yada raps + just talking over beats. Mainly coz this is a soundtrack, not a main album.

Wiz is 'ok'. Always sounds a bit forced, and I don't think he writes all his own stuff.

to be fair it's been a long time that Snoop has been weak like that on the mic... shit's understandable though, he wasn't known for his very varied subject matter in the first place so 20 years deep in the game it can only get worse. but I feel plant on that... the thing with this album is that the on and off with Wiz works out pretty well and makes it entertaining.