Author Topic: Dr dre - the chronic. Version with "smoke on"  (Read 1658 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Dr dre - the chronic. Version with "smoke on"
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Who buy a clean version of an album? A parent who then gives it to his kid but who else?

I've bought two "clean versions" in my life.

1.  Above the Rim soundtrack I bought at Wal-Mart back in summer of 94 when it was released.  Didn't realize all of Wal-Marts cd's were clean versions at the time.  The version of "Big Pimpin" that was on there was slightly different, but I actually still consider it a better version of the song.   Also, "Dogg Pound 4 Life" wasn't on there, but I ended up hearing that track anyway when I bought the Russel Simmons hip-hop doc. "The Show".  And the live version of that song on The Show was way better than the version on that album.  The beat was different, and I felt like Daz added to much extra shit to the beat on the dirty version of the album.

2.  The Marshal Mathers LP-  I bought the dirty version twice and the clean version once the day it came out.  I was such a huge Eminem fan in those times that I already had a bootleg copy, yet I bought the album the day it came out, 3 times.  I bought one for my car, and one for my house, and I also bought the clean version just for the extra track "The Kids" that was on there.  I also was very concerned at the time about Eminem's sales figures.  I worked at Camelot Music in the mall at the time and broke all sales records for pre-sales of an album.  I talked 25 people into buying the album early.

why were you concerned by his sales ?

because who ever is on top sets the trends.  Like when Pac was on top of the game in 96 hip-hop was at it's best.  When Master P was on top it went to shit for a little while.  Then when Eminem rose to the top shit got dope again... then now with Lil Wayne on top the music turned to shit again.

Also, as a white hip-hop head, I really felt that Eminem wasn't getting the respect and credit he deserved.  There were a lot of haters back then, so him succeeding was like me succeeding in a way.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 12:46:18 AM »

Also, as a white hip-hop head, I really felt that Eminem wasn't getting the respect and credit he deserved.  There were a lot of haters back then, so him succeeding was like me succeeding in a way.

This whole time i thought you were some black dude from Africa who was stuck in the 90's hip hop head.
your avatar and Sig are very deceiving. nas and Damien Marley - distant relatives  and your Sig, a map of west Africa. In the end your probably some white kid from the U.K huh?

"Right On Brotha!, Right On!"

Spoonie Luv From Up Above

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 05:55:01 AM »

Also, as a white hip-hop head, I really felt that Eminem wasn't getting the respect and credit he deserved.  There were a lot of haters back then, so him succeeding was like me succeeding in a way.

This whole time i thought you were some black dude from Africa who was stuck in the 90's hip hop head.
your avatar and Sig are very deceiving. nas and Damien Marley - distant relatives  and your Sig, a map of west Africa. In the end your probably some white kid from the U.K huh?

I've been traveling back and forth to Africa the past few years and keep a journal/blog of my travels.  That's the reason for the avatar/signature.  I hope that's okay for you, because I really wouldn't want to do such things if they don't fit your prejudices.

You do realize it's possible for someone to be white and still have love for Africa.

doublee313

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:57 AM »

your avatar and Sig are very deceiving. nas and Damien Marley - distant relatives  and your Sig, a map of west Africa. In the end your probably some white kid from the U.K huh?

I've been traveling back and forth to Africa the past few years and keep a journal/blog of my travels.  That's the reason for the avatar/signature.  I hope that's okay for you, because I really wouldn't want to do such things if they don't fit your prejudices.

You do realize it's possible for someone to be white and still have love for Africa.

Dissing a white person because he has love for Africa/Hip-Hop.  Who's the racist?  What a joke.  This shows the ignorant side of people.  Dude you should be ashemed of yourself for asking him questions like that.  I bet Infinite could tell you more about African history then you know.  There are a ton of non-black people in Africa.  Read your history my man.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 03:42:12 PM by doublee313 »

V2DHeart

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:10 AM »
They were trying to do things that would have worked in the early 90's with this. Not in the digital age
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »

Dissing a white person because he has love for Africa/Hip-Hop.  Who's the racist?  What a joke.  This shows the ignorant side of people.  Dude you should be ashemed of yourself for asking him questions like that.  I bet Infinite could tell you more about African history then you know.  There are a ton of non-black people in Africa.  Read your history my man.
[/quote]
i aint racist, he just came off as a white dude trying to be black. if he got love for africa thats cool, my thing is be proud to be who you are and represent your self. See me, im mexican from LA (which is common) i rep my city and nice mexican ass that says "west coast". I love the west coast and especially the rap scene.
to infinite, apologies if i offended you. keep doing your thing man represent where you from and who you are.
im out. peace
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »

RESPECT!

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
How does Eminem winning equal you winning?  Were you getting proceeds from his album sales?

doublee313

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
How does Eminem winning equal you winning?  Were you getting proceeds from his album sales?

It's called artist support.  You buy their CD, they make money, and your happy because they deserve it.  You ever give a poor person money and feel good?  Try it sometime.

Portugoal

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »

It's called artist support.  You buy their CD, they make money, and your happy because they deserve it.  You ever give a poor person money and feel good?  Try it sometime.

And when you give an apple to a bum, he gets mad ???

doublee313

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »

And when you give an apple to a bum, he gets mad ???

Good point.  I used to give out McDonalds applications to bums when I went to Chicago.  They weren't to happy.  I should have used another example, my bad.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2011, 05:46:03 PM »
How does Eminem winning equal you winning?  Were you getting proceeds from his album sales?

he was speaking for me on an international stage back then.  The shit I was feeling and going through back in 99 and 2000 was the same shit that he was putting out there for the whole world.  Actually I didn't know how to express myself back in those times.  He was putting into words a lot of ideas I'd only known in thought, he was out there expressing to the whole world.  Because of some of his subject matter and him being white I felt like I could relate to him more than the average rapper, and it was really important for a white dude to come along and get respect in hip-hop.  I identified with what he was doing, so when people would react to him, it was almost like they were reacting to me; whether good or bad.  

It's also like going to a movie and you identify with one of the characters in the movie.  So that's why when your watching a movie you feel sad or happy for the character because you come to identify with them.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:49:37 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »

Wtf are you talking about captain save a ho? Eminem is a poor person? Brian can speak for himself.

Eiht_s Biggest Fan

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 07:47:36 PM »
Anyone know where to cop this version?

spin, you got the chronic cd with no gold box on the front?

doublee313

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »
Wtf are you talking about captain save a ho? Eminem is a poor person? Brian can speak for himself.

You ignorant fuck, I was speaking about dumb asses like you that don't understand people.  If you had half a brain you would understand that support/giving can be rewarding sometimes to yourself.  I put that in lamans terms however your brain can't even process that.  I'm surprised you can even use a computer.  Go step out in traffic and do the world a favor so we don't need to give our taxes to idiots like you.  Behold a Pale Horse must have fried whatever little brain you had.  Idoit.

Anyway, another topic that gets off track because of these ass clowns.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 10:55:01 PM by doublee313 »