Author Topic: T.I. - Fuck Da City Up Mixtape (Discussion Thread) !  (Read 1698 times)

Sleazy

Re: T.I. - Fuck Da City Up Mixtape (Discussion Thread) !
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »
Have been listening to pretty much this on repeat since I downloaded it. It's good.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:13 PM »
this will be in rotation until trouble man drops 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
this dre track is  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) collabo of the year.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »
Cant take Popped Off off repeat. This song should have made Detox or Trouble Man
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

HighEyeCue

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:24 PM »
1. Intro - N/A
2. F*ck Da City Up - 4.5/5. Beat is hot as hell, the hook is nice too. Tip sounds real nice too. Tip & Jeezy have GREAT chemistry.
3. Hot Wheels - 4/5. Travis Porter always drop catchy hooks. Cool to see T.I. & T-Minus working. Also Young Dro since rumors were he was leaving GH. This is hot!
4. Loud Mouth - 4/5. Another southern sounding banger. Never heard of the producer. Tip & 2 Chainz also have good chemistry.

5. On Purpose - 4.25/5. This the record that sounded hot in the trailer. It says Rich Kidd Shad but it sounds like Rich Kidd Shawty to me. Wonder if it's a typo. a hot ass record.
6. Stunt'n Like a Fool - 4.25/5. The track from the first trailer. Lovin' the beat teamed up with the flow. The hook is alright but the rest is hot.
7. Pimp - 4.25/5. This is the unreleased Pimp C verse Tip said he had; that's so dope! A good look for Too $hort to be on here too haha.
8. This Time of Night - 3.75/5. Not a big Nelly fan but they have good chemistry (Get Loose, Country Ass Ni**a). This ain't bad, different vibe.

9. In a Nutshell - 3.5/5. Not sure about this beat yet. Lady G & Spodee are dope, glad to see them featured. The hook is alright.
10. Jeezy Speaks - N/A
11. Who What When - 4.5/5. Tip & Meek Mill been workin' a lot lately. Love to see a Toomp beat here too. This is bangin! All around hot track. Who's on the 3rd verse?
12. The One - 4.5/5. Mannie Fresh! Dope. I really like the vibe of this. Reminds me of "Trap Muzik" T.I. which is never a bad thing.

13. Piss'n on your Ego - 4.5/5. Dope Lil C beat. Love a T.I. & B.o.B collaboration always. The verses are tight! I dig the hook, I know not a lot of people do though lol.
14. Harry Potter - 4/5. Never heard of D.O.P.E. but this is his track apparently and it's a Hit-Boy beat. This is actually pretty hot and D.O.P.E sounds like good.
15. I See Ghost's - 4.5/5. Tip, Future, Rocko & Lil C - That's hot! Future starts it off nicely. T.I. has the best verse but Rocko is dope too. I dig this
16. I'll Show You - 5/5. I know this will be lyrical. Yeah, Tip kills this both lyrically and with the flow.  This is all around bangin!

17. Oh Yeah - 3.5/5. Not the best Just Blaze beat but it's still pretty good. Definitely a throwaway from the album.
18. Popped Off - 5/5. I can't believe Tip has a Dr. Dre track on a mixtape; that's so sick lol. And he got Dre to finish an unfinished track? A miracle lol. This is bangin' as fuck
19. Outro - N/A

Overall it's a dope mixtape. Basically like an album without all the radio friendly singles.

nice review

don't you think TI should have saved "Popped Off" and put it out as a street single to his album? would have been dope

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:44 PM »
1. Intro - N/A
2. F*ck Da City Up - 4.5/5. Beat is hot as hell, the hook is nice too. Tip sounds real nice too. Tip & Jeezy have GREAT chemistry.
3. Hot Wheels - 4/5. Travis Porter always drop catchy hooks. Cool to see T.I. & T-Minus working. Also Young Dro since rumors were he was leaving GH. This is hot!
4. Loud Mouth - 4/5. Another southern sounding banger. Never heard of the producer. Tip & 2 Chainz also have good chemistry.

5. On Purpose - 4.25/5. This the record that sounded hot in the trailer. It says Rich Kidd Shad but it sounds like Rich Kidd Shawty to me. Wonder if it's a typo. a hot ass record.
6. Stunt'n Like a Fool - 4.25/5. The track from the first trailer. Lovin' the beat teamed up with the flow. The hook is alright but the rest is hot.
7. Pimp - 4.25/5. This is the unreleased Pimp C verse Tip said he had; that's so dope! A good look for Too $hort to be on here too haha.
8. This Time of Night - 3.75/5. Not a big Nelly fan but they have good chemistry (Get Loose, Country Ass Ni**a). This ain't bad, different vibe.

9. In a Nutshell - 3.5/5. Not sure about this beat yet. Lady G & Spodee are dope, glad to see them featured. The hook is alright.
10. Jeezy Speaks - N/A
11. Who What When - 4.5/5. Tip & Meek Mill been workin' a lot lately. Love to see a Toomp beat here too. This is bangin! All around hot track. Who's on the 3rd verse?
12. The One - 4.5/5. Mannie Fresh! Dope. I really like the vibe of this. Reminds me of "Trap Muzik" T.I. which is never a bad thing.

13. Piss'n on your Ego - 4.5/5. Dope Lil C beat. Love a T.I. & B.o.B collaboration always. The verses are tight! I dig the hook, I know not a lot of people do though lol.
14. Harry Potter - 4/5. Never heard of D.O.P.E. but this is his track apparently and it's a Hit-Boy beat. This is actually pretty hot and D.O.P.E sounds like good.
15. I See Ghost's - 4.5/5. Tip, Future, Rocko & Lil C - That's hot! Future starts it off nicely. T.I. has the best verse but Rocko is dope too. I dig this
16. I'll Show You - 5/5. I know this will be lyrical. Yeah, Tip kills this both lyrically and with the flow.  This is all around bangin!

17. Oh Yeah - 3.5/5. Not the best Just Blaze beat but it's still pretty good. Definitely a throwaway from the album.
18. Popped Off - 5/5. I can't believe Tip has a Dr. Dre track on a mixtape; that's so sick lol. And he got Dre to finish an unfinished track? A miracle lol. This is bangin' as fuck
19. Outro - N/A

Overall it's a dope mixtape. Basically like an album without all the radio friendly singles.

nice review

don't you think TI should have saved "Popped Off" and put it out as a street single to his album? would have been dope
t.i. over a dre beat by himself would be  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
1. Intro - N/A

10. Jeezy Speaks - N/A

19. Outro - N/A

nice review

Thanks!

I'd hope since he didn't keep "Popped Off" for "Trouble Man", he'll have something else with Dr. Dre on it
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 03:35:24 PM »
damn blue really loves him some TI dont he? i just noticed how preoccupied he gets over dude...if you took his posts out this thread it be nothing left of the thread.

just sayin.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 03:45:48 PM »
damn blue really loves him some TI dont he? i just noticed how preoccupied he gets over dude...if you took his posts out this thread it be nothing left of the thread.

just sayin.
one of my fav. artists so what. me discussing and informing on updates is no different than others speaking on their favs or muthafuckas talking about sports and ya fav player(s) and teams. to many of t.i.'s fans(including me) a t.i. /dre track(s) is a dream collabo. so i'm sure fans of tip would appreciate this update. sounds like u proccupied wit me chump.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:55:51 PM by Blue Magic »

Lunatic

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
Harry Potter is such a bange
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

doggfather

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 04:45:51 AM »
sorry but i don't really like this. a bit borin to me.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 06:28:05 AM »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:40 AM »
A few of the "trap" sounding tracks I could do without, and there are too many guests but there's a lot of album quality tracks here. Popped Off, Oh Yeah, The One and Fuck Da City Up are probably the highlights. I really hope that Jeezy and T.I. album happens, two of the dopest from the south and they work well together.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
A few of the "trap" sounding tracks I could do without, and there are too many guests but there's a lot of album quality tracks here. Popped Off, Oh Yeah, The One and Fuck Da City Up are probably the highlights. I really hope that Jeezy and T.I. album happens, two of the dopest from the south and they work well together.
imo the tape is sick and every song jams if i could change anything the beat on in a nutshell woulda been done by another producer like maybe danja.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 09:36:42 PM »
just listened to the whole thing front to back on a long car ride and the shit is hard.