Author Topic: Done watching above the rim..  (Read 841 times)

Mista Rosa

Done watching above the rim..
« on: January 30, 2012, 04:14:12 PM »
Terrible movie. I wasn't expecting much from a black movie but still. Wack scenario, bad acting. Only decent actor in there is wood harris but he couldn't do much. Leon is an ok actor, liked him in oz, but his role was just awful, he couldn't do much either.
First Tupac movie I see, I was curious about him acting. The least I can say is that boy should have sticked to rap. I was expecting him to be an average/ok actor but wow he really was terrible while his role wasn't hard to play.
Ending was pathetic, really there was nothing credible in this movie.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

TheRemedy360Ressurection

Re: Done watching above the rim..
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:41 PM »
Terrible movie. I wasn't expecting much from a black movie but still. Wack scenario, bad acting. Only decent actor in there is wood harris but he couldn't do much. Leon is an ok actor, liked him in oz, but his role was just awful, he couldn't do much either.
First Tupac movie I see, I was curious about him acting. The least I can say is that boy should have sticked to rap. I was expecting him to be an average/ok actor but wow he really was terrible while his role wasn't hard to play.
Ending was pathetic, really there was nothing credible in this movie.

LOL

bouli77

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 04:22:59 PM »
yeah the black movie part made tick as well...

although I do agree, terrible movie by all standards, except for its soundtrack... 2pac is so caricatural, the scenario is laughable, but i can imagine the craze over it when it came out... the style, the music, 2pac, it fully embodied the 90's spirit.

on the same note, i don't think Juice is much better... there are better actors but 2pac's part is caricatural as fuck once again, but the soundtrack once again is flawless, especially when the Pooh Man song kicks in with the crazy flutes, the cameos (latifah, treach) are nice and the 90's vibe is even more present in that movie, with the gears, the boombox, and all...

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »
I Actually liked it, it was funny though, I was showing my friend that shit, he thought 2pacs character wasn't real LOL He told me he thought 2pacs character was like Brad Pitts in Fight Club, he said he thought this at first cause in certain scenes they don't actually talk directly to his character or some shit. He only saw a few scenes in total if I Remember correctly. When he told me that shit I just started laughing like a motherfucker. What's worse is he thought the cripple from Boyz in the hood was moving his legs, when in reality he was infact a fucking cripple LOL

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 04:19:42 PM »
the only great part about the movie is the fact they play Pain in it lol

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 04:27:29 PM »
the only great part about the movie is the fact they play Pain in it lol

The weirdest part was seeing one of the wayne brothers blasting 2pac. lol

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 10:23:04 PM »
I guess you had to be there youngun, lol.

Movie was okay, soundtrack a whole lot better. There was abit of a buzz when this movie came out.

2euce 7even

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 04:47:48 AM »
I Donīt Like 2Pacīs Movies Except "Bullet" With Micky Rourke
Not Sayin Pac Had No Talent In Acting But The Movies Itself Were Ass.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »

dunno bout that

Juice" is a classic, and "Gridlock'd" was awesome. i liked "Gang related". cant remembr anythin from "Bullet" tho (been along time),

only pac-movies i disliked were "above the rim" n "poetic jusitce" ,, crap

Mista_Rosa, check "Juice", wit Pac as Bishop,, easily the best character he ever played, did a great job
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 04:55:17 AM by Michael Madsen »

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:05:04 AM »
back in the days white kids used to get beat up when movies like poetic justie and above the rim would premiere...the local theatres had to stop showing black films for years

2euce 7even

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:06:49 AM »

dunno bout that

Juice" is a classic, and "Gridlock'd" was awesome. i liked "Gang related". cant remembr anythin from "Bullet" tho (been along time),

only pac-movies i disliked were "above the rim" n "poetic jusitce" ,, crap

Mista_Rosa, check "Juice", wit Pac as Bishop,, easily the best character he ever played, did a great job

you gotta check bullet, me and my homies, everybody i know loves that movie.not a great script, not a classic but a good movie.

"juice" was the shit, i own gridlockīd on VHS :) not bad but nothing great.

dunno about "gang related" havenīt seen that shit in a looooong time  

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 05:20:14 AM »
bullet sucked seing tupac dressed like slick rick is the highlight of the movie.

he pretty much has a cameo.

pacs best movie is gridlocked...the only character i felt he ever had to act outside of himself.

alot of stans cant fuck with gridlock becasue hes not thuggin enough in that movie and we all know how much the euros and stans love to see pac thug it out. it makes it easier to believe in all the racist stereotyoes that yall love to perpetuate and reinforce.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:22:39 AM by PETEY the GREAT »

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:09:21 AM »
If I had to put his movies from his best to his worse it'd probably be this for me:

GridLocked (Best) - Strangely enough this and "bullet" artnt well known, despite the fact Grid got a lot of good reviews.

Gang Related - Idk why but I just love how fucked up the main situation is in this one.

Juice - Love the DJing aspect a lot on this

Bullet  - Of course I was amazed he was on the poster and Cover of the DVD, considering he doesn't have a lot of screen time, though his Character is technically a important one. The imagery is why I Put this higher then the last 2

Above The Rim - I remember seeing this first growing up, Barney Macs Fucked up Smile in this makes me laugh. 2pac's Character doesn't really allow any moments to show depth.

Poetic Justice  - I think this is my least favorite, Janet Jackson can't really act, From what I read everyone was hyped up because everyone thought it was gonna be like Boyz in the Hood part 2. Hell I read Singleton wanted Ice in the movie but he said no.  This is my least favorite, mainly because Romantic Movies aren't my thing, I Don't mind romance subplots though. I'll give it this, its better then half the crappy generic Romantic Comdies hollywood is turning out now. 

I haven't seen these flicks in a long while, think I might watch some of em today

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »
bullet sucked seing tupac dressed like slick rick is the highlight of the movie.

i love Bullet as a Mickey Rourke movie  8)

and Gridlockd is indeed a CLASSIC....infact i may put it ahead of Juice.  Tim Roth was perfect for his role too.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
gridlocked is easily his best movie...easy.

ive litterally watched lifetime movies that were written better then juice but with that said i love that movie. the DJing all that shit...pure nostalgia.

"he wanted all, he wanted all, he wanted all the juice...."