Author Topic: I think a snoop funk album would be cool  (Read 546 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: I think a snoop funk album would be cool
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
do u want Snoop to rep 21st Street, and pop his LBC-collar in 2012?
Snoop is a worldwide A-list celebrity, and he cant rap about "street shit" like he used to

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:50:33 AM by Michael Madsen »

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 12:04:28 PM »
guys, stop it . now.

Will_B

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 12:11:42 PM »
Snoop is a worldwide A-list celebrity, and he cant rap about "street shit" like he used to

And you know thats not true.

"They see my whole team thuggin'
Now they mean muggin' but that don't mean nothin'
'Cause if it's a problem I pull the problem solver
Call it 38 revolver, put an end to all this drama"

^^from Doggumentary

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 12:34:17 PM »
^yea, n that was one song

why do u want to hear Snoop rap about throwin c's, shootin guns n playin dice on the streets in 2012?
r u so infatuated wit "street shit" (as u put it, lol)?

Calvin Broadus is 40, Death Row was 15+ yrs ago, let the man move on

hes fine wit his lyrics, the only thing thats missin is better song-topics, mic-presence and a hungry flow, and a better sense of song-creation

"gangsta rap" still works for Daz n Kurupt IMO, but its not goin to work for skinny and aging Calvin Broadus,, the guy that cooks food wit Martha Stewart on her show

Will_B

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »
^yea, n that was one song

why do u want to hear Snoop rap about throwin c's, shootin guns n playin dice on the streets in 2012?
r u so infatuated wit "street shit" (as u put it, lol)?

Calvin Broadus is 40, Death Row was 15+ yrs ago, let the man move on

hes fine wit his lyrics, the only thing thats missin is better song-topics, mic-presence and a hungry flow, and a better sense of song-creation

"gangsta rap" still works for Daz n Kurupt IMO, but its not goin to work for skinny and aging Calvin Broadus,, the guy that cooks food wit Martha Stewart on her show

Yes. And I said

'Snoop was always freestylin in the early days, and that's how he'd write. Just spittin game and shit.....which I'm guessing he still does, except now its got no originality or edge to it. No hunger, street shit, no game.'

And you're picking up on just one element.

What exactly is the point you attempting to make?

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
well,, u said u want Snoop to spit "street shit" n i simply disagreed, Homer.

boost up ur perception-capabilites till next time

Will_B

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »

Is this how u read?

"Snoop blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah street shit, blah blah."

"u want Snoop to spit "street shit" n i simply disagreed"

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 01:24:23 PM »
Take this discussion to the private messages section, ladies.

Will_B

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:44 PM »
Take this discussion to the private messages section, ladies.

Why not join it. I'm talking bout music dude.

Ignore Mike tryin to flip everything into a pointless beef.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 03:39:03 PM »
Just spittin game and shit.....which I'm guessing he still does, except now its got no originality or edge to it. No hunger, street shit, no game.

'boo boo, she's watching me, I got that choo choo, bust a bad one, da da do do'

i know u like to headnod n break a neck to african-american gangstarap in ur british apartment, O.G.
but u see,, Snoop is an old man (just like urself), n he cant rap about the same hoodlum-shit from 1993.
Death Row was a long time ago  :)

You're not even making a point.

I'll humour you...

Where does 'no originality or edge to it. No hunger, street shit, no game'
say he should only be doing 'hoodlum' music?

"boo boo, she's watching me, I got that choo choo, bust a bad one, da da do do"

"DAMN SNOOP!!!!!! LYRICAL GGGGGGG"

I'm with WILL on that one. It's not about repping crips or a hood, it's just the WAY he writes his lyrics is plain boring. nothing more what he is pointing out. it's for real that Snoop's lyrics all sound kinda the same and a bit forced these days, he seems completely out of ideas. There were only few verses of him I really found dope, for example his verse on "Kush" or "Gang Bang Rookie".
He needs to be more creative, but he is more like WILL B said: "I smoke this and that by the ounce, bust a bitch in my cadillac, she got a bad ass booty.... puffin one while I'm..... yadadadada.... cause I'm an og..... it's gettin real heavy..."

And actually I like the songs like "Cool", "My Medicines", "Which One Of You" and all that kinda type, I also liked "That's Tha Homie" because everytime that he seems to have a concept, he seems more focussed and creative. It's not even that I don't like his new stuff, actually I enjoyed "Doggumentary" but it's just that nowadays his stuff is played out so quickly, cause it lacks originality. After 2 or 3 weeks I was too bored to listen to this album again.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2012, 03:39:42 PM »
lmao at people saying Snoop can't talk about banging, if fucking Rick Ross can steal another mans name, and portray himself as a gangbanger instead of being a fat over weight security guard, then I don't see why people wouldn't purchase Snoop dogg talking about his past.

I don't give a fuck if he talks about pimping, cripping, or wiping his ass. We got a fucking eminem track talking about getting molested by his uncle, any track is possible long as the lyrics are good and the production is good. See this goes with the whole "Creditability" and realism thing, I was talking about in another thread. So if Kurupt or DAZ making gangster shit, how come not snoop? I don't want no fucking Death Row shit, I rather he just have a album full of Bangers, like TBCT.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »
We Rest In Cali
Get The Funk Out Of My Face
Cool
Peer Pressure
Can U Control Your Hoe
Which One Of You

An album full of songs like these could top Doggystyle.

Disagree. Snoops lyrics are laughable compared to Doggystyle. Da da do do she got the choo choo oohh wee you know I bust a bad lil bitch he say she say on the real do that there she gone share fat ones thin ones...Blah blah

Snoop on Doggystyle was nothing but spelling his name out and reciting catchphrases that he stole from the bay and old funk bands. You can't see me, the D-O-double-G-Y-D-O-double G

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »
I think snoop would have fun with it and get some inspiration doing a funk record. If you cant tell snoop likes to have fun and I think hes sort of bored with his standard rap tracks and it shows. And funk wouldnt.be too.far out of his comfort zone.

snoops still cool in my.books though. Hes a sellout but.it doesnt annoy me like most sellout rappers. Then again bct was the last full snoop cd I heard so im probably less burnt out on him then most of yall.

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »

Is this how u read?

"Snoop blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah street shit, blah blah."

lol at u being overly defnsive wit ur corny n repittive pictures n shit, when i said i  didnt ageee wit u
 ::)

Will B - the forum drama-queen
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:17:43 PM by Michael Madsen »

Will_B

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 10:55:19 PM »

Is this how u read?

lol at u being overly defnsive wit ur corny n repittive pictures n shit, when i said i  didnt ageee wit u
 ::)

Will B - the forum drama-queen

Was to illustrate a point.

Try engaging in debate instead of the 'u mad' 'oh!!! U said thisss' tactic/route. It's played out and makes your posts redundant.