Author Topic: The Official Tyga "Careless World" Album Discussion Thread  (Read 1191 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: The Official Tyga "Careless World" Album Discussion Thread
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2012, 03:04:47 AM »
still dont understand why Nas agreed to jump on this.   :grumpy:

Tyga is better than YG, i give him that. but  still terrible as an artist

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
still dont understand why Nas agreed to jump on this.   :grumpy:

Tyga is better than YG, i give him that. but  still terrible as an artist

he would have been better on the song J. Cole is on  :o

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 12:00:00 AM »
I've bumped the album a few times. Some songs I really dig, some songs are wack. He reminds me of Game in that he's not a particularly talented rapper but he has the ability to make good songs when he's pushed in the right direction. Basically he's Game without Dre. Except without the namedropping, so possibly better. I'll drop a full review later.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
The saltyness of some posters on this forum is really crazy though. Tyga is hot and he should get support from the west, even if you think he is generic, no need to dump on him, he is trying to make moves and holds down Cali, what else can you ask?

Take note. This forum only cares about rappers from Cali who only know how to rap about gangbanging and weed.

Ya Ive been on this forum since 2004 so I definatly know the culture. Doesnt make it any less stupid tho.

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
The saltyness of some posters on this forum is really crazy though. Tyga is hot and he should get support from the west, even if you think he is generic, no need to dump on him, he is trying to make moves and holds down Cali, what else can you ask?

Take note. This forum only cares about rappers from Cali who only know how to rap about gangbanging and weed.
you know you only like him cuz hes a jap like you

Ya Im "Jap" because of my screenname? Ok lol, so you must be a Muthafucka I guess.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 05:25:53 AM »
I've bumped the album a few times. Some songs I really dig, some songs are wack.

So you drank a bit of the haterade as well? At least he's better than Daz, right?

He reminds me of Game in that he's not a particularly talented rapper but he has the ability to make good songs when he's pushed in the right direction. Basically he's Game without Dre. Except without the namedropping, so possibly better.

Why would you spend all kinds of money and marketing on a rapper without talent? To make him sound mediocre?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
I've bumped the album a few times. Some songs I really dig, some songs are wack.

So you drank a bit of the haterade as well? At least he's better than Daz, right?

Haterade? I'm pointing out his album has some wack songs. Most albums do.

Why would you spend all kinds of money and marketing on a rapper without talent? To make him sound mediocre?

You don't need to ask that question unless you think every major label rapper is talented.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 02:34:39 PM »
 I’m trying my hand at writing reviews. Wrote this today, let me know what you think….

Ever had an artist you expect great things from drop an average project that leaves you disappointed? Enter Tyga, a rapper I expected nothing from who released a decent album that left me pleasantly surprised. To be fair, I didn’t know much of Tyga before giving Careless World a listen. And neither the menacing club anthem Rack City nor the love ballad Far Away show what he’s truly capable of. Coming straight outta Compton to make his major label debut on Young Money, Tyga doesn’t sound like your typical Southern California emcee; Or a Lil Wayne prodigy for that matter. This ends up being a good thing.

What carries this album is the combination of smooth production and Tyga’s solid lyrics as he delves into his own life experiences. His topics range from coming up in the game to love and love lost, which could have made for cliché songs if not the sense of honesty he brings along with his confidence on the mic. Tyga’s standout track is without a doubt Let It Show, an ode to life in the spotlight. Over an epically smooth groove, he invites us to “Take a look into Tyga’s eyes/I breath love but inhale the hate bomb.” He shines with a seamless flow and addresses the façade so many rappers put up, asking us ”Serious, look how my face look/How could a man cry while the crowd looks?” It’s in this song where he truly comes into his own, outperforming J. Cole who does his thing as well. Another excellent highlight is Light Dreams, in which Tyga eschews the traditional 3 verse structure in favor of one extended train-of-thought like musing, dropping knowledge like, “Only make moves when your heart’s in it/BIG said it, so I entertain like Cedric.” And entertain he does throughout most of the album. Marsha Ambrosius closes the song and album with a soulful sendoff.

Careless World does have its weaker moments, particularly with some of the featured artists. Faded is a song that just doesn’t need to exist, with Tyga’s lyrics devolving to match the slapstick style of Lil Wayne. Nicki Minaj, is well…Nicki Minaj. Though it’s understandable that Tyga’s two biggest label mates are featured, they really do nothing for this album except to remind us it’s Young Money baby. T-Pain makes an appearance at a time when his style is well and truly played out. His feature does nothing for those seeking substance, and I doubt he does much to appeal to the pop crowd either. In spite of these hiccups, Tyga as an artist convinces me that he actually has something to say most of the time. Not surprisingly it’s the moments where he reverts to club music style lyrics that hold this album back. Taken as a whole, the better tracks manage to shine through and show a promising artist worth checking for in the future…as long as his heart’s in it.

3/5 ya dig?

Highlights: Let it Show, Light Dreams, Kings and Queens, Black Crowns

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 05:20:00 PM »
CRANK THIS MUTHAPHUKKA UP

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55:16 AM »
Theres some good features and production on here so I'm gonna peep the tracks people have mentioned plus the Pharrell ones, never really listened to Tyga so I'll see how we go

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2012, 11:36:20 PM »
So I listened to a few of the tracks and I was actually quite impressed, production was dope, features all did their thing and Tyga was all good, Black Crowns, King and Queens, Let It Show, I'm Gone and Light Dreams were all highlights. I didn't notice Marsha on Light Dreams though?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
I’m trying my hand at writing reviews. Wrote this today, let me know what you think….

Ever had an artist you expect great things from drop an average project that leaves you disappointed? Enter Tyga, a rapper I expected nothing from who released a decent album that left me pleasantly surprised. To be fair, I didn’t know much of Tyga before giving Careless World a listen. And neither the menacing club anthem Rack City nor the love ballad Far Away show what he’s truly capable of. Coming straight outta Compton to make his major label debut on Young Money, Tyga doesn’t sound like your typical Southern California emcee; Or a Lil Wayne prodigy for that matter. This ends up being a good thing.

What carries this album is the combination of smooth production and Tyga’s solid lyrics as he delves into his own life experiences. His topics range from coming up in the game to love and love lost, which could have made for cliché songs if not the sense of honesty he brings along with his confidence on the mic. Tyga’s standout track is without a doubt Let It Show, an ode to life in the spotlight. Over an epically smooth groove, he invites us to “Take a look into Tyga’s eyes/I breath love but inhale the hate bomb.” He shines with a seamless flow and addresses the façade so many rappers put up, asking us ”Serious, look how my face look/How could a man cry while the crowd looks?” It’s in this song where he truly comes into his own, outperforming J. Cole who does his thing as well. Another excellent highlight is Light Dreams, in which Tyga eschews the traditional 3 verse structure in favor of one extended train-of-thought like musing, dropping knowledge like, “Only make moves when your heart’s in it/BIG said it, so I entertain like Cedric.” And entertain he does throughout most of the album. Marsha Ambrosius closes the song and album with a soulful sendoff.

Careless World does have its weaker moments, particularly with some of the featured artists. Faded is a song that just doesn’t need to exist, with Tyga’s lyrics devolving to match the slapstick style of Lil Wayne. Nicki Minaj, is well…Nicki Minaj. Though it’s understandable that Tyga’s two biggest label mates are featured, they really do nothing for this album except to remind us it’s Young Money baby. T-Pain makes an appearance at a time when his style is well and truly played out. His feature does nothing for those seeking substance, and I doubt he does much to appeal to the pop crowd either. In spite of these hiccups, Tyga as an artist convinces me that he actually has something to say most of the time. Not surprisingly it’s the moments where he reverts to club music style lyrics that hold this album back. Taken as a whole, the better tracks manage to shine through and show a promising artist worth checking for in the future…as long as his heart’s in it.

3/5 ya dig?

Highlights: Let it Show, Light Dreams, Kings and Queens, Black Crowns

ay-okay

dont know if XXL Magazine will hire u anytime soon tho

keep it up

rayallen0

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2012, 03:49:14 PM »
Listened to the Tyga album on the drive. Weird project. Very..."plastic"...but not bad. Kinda like the diet coke Drake or something

production was ok. Some really weird beats that I didn't like. Some boring. Some good
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 03:50:58 PM by rayallen0 »