Poll

Which quarterback would you rather have next season?

Peyton Manning
4 (33.3%)
Cam Newton
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?  (Read 2755 times)

rayallen0

Which quarterback would you rather have next season?
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:13 PM »
Peyton Manning in 2010:
4,700 yds, 32 TDs, 17 INTs, 66.3% cpg, 91.9 rating
Cam Newton in 2011:
4,051 yds, 21 TDs, 17 INTs, 60.0% cpg, 84.5 rating

"THE" MoSav

Re: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:07:51 PM »
CAM and its not even close, nothing against Peyton but besides one grainy video we know nothing about how hes healing..Cam is a special talent Like peyton is that will only come along once or so in a lifetime his size speed arm strength body size everything, its unreal

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:31:33 AM »
CAM and its not even close, nothing against Peyton but besides one grainy video we know nothing about how hes healing..Cam is a special talent Like peyton is that will only come along once or so in a lifetime his size speed arm strength body size everything, its unreal

Now we're starting to get back to where we were.

Let me make it very clear that I would not as Carolina's GM bring in Peyton under any circumstances, because we'd have no chance at a Superbowl on that shit team either way.

But give me a fucking break if you'd rather have Cam than Peyton on a contender for next year, and next year alone. Let's say both Baltimore and Houston were in the hunt and both Peyton and cam are available, whoever gets Peyton goes farther than whoever gets Cam. And that's a fucking guarantee. Cam put up a lot of yards in a lot of games coming from behind in an era where you can't touch WRs past 5 yards.

And even then he started way better than he finished. The first 8 games before the bye Cam had 1 game under 200 and 3 games in the vicinity of 400. The 8 games after the bye he had 5 games under 200 and no games over 300 yards. Peyton started much slower but finished much stronger in his rookie season.

I don't care where his arm strength is, his head alone makes him better than Cam right now for a one season situation.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 02:50:07 PM »
^Is that the alias or the real Shallow?

As for my pick:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 06:20:18 PM »
^Is that the alias or the real Shallow?

As for my pick:

Yeah, but you'd take Sanchez over Peyton.

For the record I wouldn't think about Sanchez over Newton. I think Newton has all the potential in the world, and a great future ahead of him, but were talking 1 season for 1 season only, and no way would any GM take Cam over Peyton in that scenario if the stipulation was Superbowl victory or you're fired for life: it's Peyton and it's an insult of a debate.

And I'll fully agree that I'd take cam over Peyton if I were re-building and looking towards being a contender for the future, but for "next season" Peyton's going to be in the MVP race (you can quote me on that) and Cam won't even be close to it.

Y

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:46 PM »
I'd take Cam.

I'm going to laugh if a team breaks the bank for Peyton and he gets hurt first game. Peyton is one hit away from his career being over. Their is ZERO gaurantee he's the same player he was. You know the same player that continuously choked in big games and was made his bitch by Brady over and over and over.

Oh I know Peyton has a super bowl. Never mind the fact that Peyton had a terrible post season that year throwing more ints then Tds

Look at these stats

78.9 comp%/1 TD/3 int/pass per attempt 7.05/passer rating 71.9/Colts win vs KC 23-8
50.0 comp%/0 TD/2 int/pass per attempt 5.67/passer rating 39.6/Colts win @ Bal 15-6
57.4 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 7.43/passer rating 79.1/1 rush TD/Colts win vs NE 38-34
65.8 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 6.50/passer rating 81.8/Colts win vs Chi 29-17

For the supposed "best qb of all time" those are pretty pathetic.

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 07:56:27 PM »
I'd take Cam.

I'm going to laugh if a team breaks the bank for Peyton and he gets hurt first game. Peyton is one hit away from his career being over. Their is ZERO gaurantee he's the same player he was. You know the same player that continuously choked in big games and was made his bitch by Brady over and over and over.

Oh I know Peyton has a super bowl. Never mind the fact that Peyton had a terrible post season that year throwing more ints then Tds

Look at these stats

78.9 comp%/1 TD/3 int/pass per attempt 7.05/passer rating 71.9/Colts win vs KC 23-8
50.0 comp%/0 TD/2 int/pass per attempt 5.67/passer rating 39.6/Colts win @ Bal 15-6
57.4 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 7.43/passer rating 79.1/1 rush TD/Colts win vs NE 38-34
65.8 comp%/1 TD/1 int/pass per attempt 6.50/passer rating 81.8/Colts win vs Chi 29-17

Those games were rigged. If you knew anything about football you would know that Peyton is the greatest. Put Peyton on the Patriots and they would have gone 16-0 every year and won most (if not all) superbowls.

PS, fuck you

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:03:58 PM »
LOL, no, my friend. I hate Sanchez. I'm sure you can pull up some quotes by me from a while ago of me saying differently, but about halfway into this season I gave up on him. I can't stand him. I'd try Brett Favre again.

When Mark signed the three year extension yesterday I threw up for hours.

Anyway, you're insane if you don't have the expectations of Cam being in the MVP race. The man has a complete season under his belt & had arguably the greatest rookie season anyone has ever had. He made some throwing mistakes, but that team faced some injuries, Deangelo Williams is awful now & above all Cam was a rookie. I mean, I don't think he'll win MVP because you're going to have your Rodgers & Brady who will put up their near 5,000 yards passing, 35+ TD's. But he'll be top five consideration. Especially since this league, with the current pussy QB protection rules is going to be full on 100% "have a great QB or lose" league, he's going to be throwing the ball all next season.

& I say all this, but just the idea that you "don't expect" him to "close" to the MVP race is just a baseless statement. Why? Because it's against Peyton? Because nothing in his rookie season leads you to believe he's going to have a bad/average/decent year. The kid made the Pro-Bowl in his rookie year. Logically, you'd say he's going to be better & better than what he was is MVP-worthy.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
If the question was, "Which QB would you rather have next season? Cam Newton or Peyton Manning from 2010?" I'd probably take Peyton for the season. But we're talking about a guy who had a pretty serious neck injury & just sat out a complete season & will ease his way back onto the football field. Where Cam right now as I type is probably working on his game in some random gym.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 10:18:43 AM »
LOL, no, my friend. I hate Sanchez. I'm sure you can pull up some quotes by me from a while ago of me saying differently, but about halfway into this season I gave up on him. I can't stand him. I'd try Brett Favre again.

When Mark signed the three year extension yesterday I threw up for hours.

Anyway, you're insane if you don't have the expectations of Cam being in the MVP race. The man has a complete season under his belt & had arguably the greatest rookie season anyone has ever had. He made some throwing mistakes, but that team faced some injuries, Deangelo Williams is awful now & above all Cam was a rookie. I mean, I don't think he'll win MVP because you're going to have your Rodgers & Brady who will put up their near 5,000 yards passing, 35+ TD's. But he'll be top five consideration. Especially since this league, with the current pussy QB protection rules is going to be full on 100% "have a great QB or lose" league, he's going to be throwing the ball all next season.

& I say all this, but just the idea that you "don't expect" him to "close" to the MVP race is just a baseless statement. Why? Because it's against Peyton? Because nothing in his rookie season leads you to believe he's going to have a bad/average/decent year. The kid made the Pro-Bowl in his rookie year. Logically, you'd say he's going to be better & better than what he was is MVP-worthy.

Nothing about this season makes me think he was even close to being in an MVP discussion. He had an explosive start statistically but really flattened out near the end. It wasa great rookie season for a QB. The best I've seen in years. But a Rookie of the Year and being an MVP candidate are night and day. I'm not one of those idiots that thinks it was even close between Cam and Dalton. Dalton was asked to step and don't make mistakes and his team outplayed him almost every game. Cam was asked to gab the bull by the horns and control more than he showed. Teh difference in the rookie seasons of Cam and Dalton is the same difference in the careers of Manning and Brady.

I didn't have a rookie Peyton Manning in the MVP discussion, and for that matter I didn't have the second year 13-3 Manning in the discussion either. I remember that year well. Warner won it, and Faulk really should have been given a co-MVP award that year. Peyton that year wasn't really all that much more important than James or Harrison, who both in my opinion had the best seasons of their career. Doug Flutie in Buffalo was much more valuable to his team than Peyton was, and no stats can help my argument but the way that team was set up on offense Peyton wouldn't have looked much better than Rob Johnson on the Bills, THAT YEAR. Where as Futie on the Colts still would have gotten them to the playoffs, and maybe even the Superbowl.

Now what I'm saying is not a baseless argument, it's an outright prediction; barring a freak super year by another QB or a 2,200+ yard rushing season, Peyton Manning will be the first player ever to win Comeback Player of the Year and MVP in the same year. He's going to pick a team with a defense, an o-line, and a beast #1 WR and he's going to rival his best statistical year ever, if not beat it. And whatever team he picks will be at least 11-5

Cam newton will start slow, like he ended, and pick it up by mid-season and I can't see a season for the Panthers being better than 9-7. And probably less than 7-9. And Cam will not get a single MVP vote, and no one will say "Cam should be in the discussion. The next 2 or 3 years after next year maybe, but not next year.

Quote me on this mid season, and then again at the end of the season next year. Peyton will not get injured because of the surgery. If some freak ankle or knee injury happens I don't know, but it won't be because of a bad neck or a bad shoulder taking too much of a beating, like what happened with Favre.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 12:50:44 PM »
Peyton

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »

Let me make it very clear that I would not as Carolina's GM bring in Peyton under any circumstances, because we'd have no chance at a Superbowl on that shit team either way.

But give me a fucking break if you'd rather have Cam than Peyton on a contender for next year, and next year alone. Let's say both Baltimore and Houston were in the hunt and both Peyton and cam are available, whoever gets Peyton goes farther than whoever gets Cam. And that's a fucking guarantee. Cam put up a lot of yards in a lot of games coming from behind in an era where you can't touch WRs past 5 yards.

And even then he started way better than he finished. The first 8 games before the bye Cam had 1 game under 200 and 3 games in the vicinity of 400. The 8 games after the bye he had 5 games under 200 and no games over 300 yards. Peyton started much slower but finished much stronger in his rookie season.

I don't care where his arm strength is, his head alone makes him better than Cam right now for a one season situation.

IF WE KNEW FOR SURE PEYTON WAS HEALTHY ID TAKE PEYTON FOR ONE SEASON THATS OBVIOUS! BUT WE DONT!!! So if i had to choose right now id take Cam, u can scoff all you want Shallow, but thats real talk

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 01:56:18 PM »
I'd take Cam.

Look at these stats

Those games were rigged. If you knew anything about football you would know that Peyton is the greatest. Put Peyton on the Patriots and they would have gone 16-0 every year and won most (if not all) superbowls.

PS, fuck you

im sure he would have loved throwing to Troy Brown, Jabar Gafney, and Reche Caldwell LOL...I think id rather throw to wayne, harrison, clark, etc

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 02:07:51 PM »

IF WE KNEW FOR SURE PEYTON WAS HEALTHY ID TAKE PEYTON FOR ONE SEASON THATS OBVIOUS! BUT WE DONT!!! So if i had to choose right now id take Cam, u can scoff all you want Shallow, but thats real talk

He is healthy for sure. His doctors said his neck is better than it's been in years and Reggie Wayne says he Peyton has the arm to out-throw him on deep balls, and that Duke video had him throwing all over the field.

Can one bad hit change all that? Yeah, but it can do it just as easily to Cam, with the way he runs out of the pocket.

If he's playing he's healthy, if he's not healthy enough to play he won't be playing. So that means if it's Cam vs an unhealthy Peyton, that's easy because an unhealthy Peyton won't be on the field.

im sure he would have loved throwing to Troy Brown, Jabar Gafney, and Reche Caldwell LOL...I think id rather throw to wayne, harrison, clark, etc

What about Jacob Tamme, Blair White, Austin Collie, and Pierre Garcon. Yeah he still had Wayne, but I'll take Richard Seymour, Tedi Bruschi, Vince Wilfork, Ansanti Samuel, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Willie McGinest on any of those past Colts teams amd BRady can have Wayne and Harrison. They'll end up looking as good as Chad did on that team.

What's a finesse route runners worst enemy? Tom Brady's arm.

Basically if you can adjust to misthrown balls and fight for your spot you can't play with Tom. Look at any highlight reel of the career of David Patten and see how it outshines that of Reggie or Marvin. The only decent throw Brady is good at is sticking it up the middle. Everything else, he's sub par. His deep balls are short, his crossing routes are off the mark, and his corner fades.... well at least he knows better than to even attempt those throws.

Lunatic

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 02:15:49 PM »
Peyton meeting with the Titans tomorrow or Weds
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com