Poll

Which quarterback would you rather have next season?

Peyton Manning
4 (33.3%)
Cam Newton
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?  (Read 2754 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
CAM and its not even close, nothing against Peyton but besides one grainy video we know nothing about how hes healing..Cam is a special talent Like peyton is that will only come along once or so in a lifetime his size speed arm strength body size everything, its unreal

Now we're starting to get back to where we were.

Let me make it very clear that I would not as Carolina's GM bring in Peyton under any circumstances, because we'd have no chance at a Superbowl on that shit team either way.

But give me a fucking break if you'd rather have Cam than Peyton on a contender for next year, and next year alone. Let's say both Baltimore and Houston were in the hunt and both Peyton and cam are available, whoever gets Peyton goes farther than whoever gets Cam. And that's a fucking guarantee. Cam put up a lot of yards in a lot of games coming from behind in an era where you can't touch WRs past 5 yards.

And even then he started way better than he finished. The first 8 games before the bye Cam had 1 game under 200 and 3 games in the vicinity of 400. The 8 games after the bye he had 5 games under 200 and no games over 300 yards. Peyton started much slower but finished much stronger in his rookie season.

I don't care where his arm strength is, his head alone makes him better than Cam right now for a one season situation.

IF WE KNEW FOR SURE PEYTON WAS HEALTHY ID TAKE PEYTON FOR ONE SEASON THATS OBVIOUS! BUT WE DONT!!! So if i had to choose right now id take Cam, u can scoff all you want Shallow, but thats real talk

He is healthy for sure. His doctors said his neck is better than it's been in years and Reggie Wayne says he Peyton has the arm to out-throw him on deep balls, and that Duke video had him throwing all over the field.

Can one bad hit change all that? Yeah, but it can do it just as easily to Cam, with the way he runs out of the pocket.

If he's playing he's healthy, if he's not healthy enough to play he won't be playing. So that means if it's Cam vs an unhealthy Peyton, that's easy because an unhealthy Peyton won't be on the field.

im sure he would have loved throwing to Troy Brown, Jabar Gafney, and Reche Caldwell LOL...I think id rather throw to wayne, harrison, clark, etc

What about Jacob Tamme, Blair White, Austin Collie, and Pierre Garcon. Yeah he still had Wayne, but I'll take Richard Seymour, Tedi Bruschi, Vince Wilfork, Ansanti Samuel, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Willie McGinest on any of those past Colts teams amd BRady can have Wayne and Harrison. They'll end up looking as good as Chad did on that team.

What's a finesse route runners worst enemy? Tom Brady's arm.

Basically if you can adjust to misthrown balls and fight for your spot you can't play with Tom. Look at any highlight reel of the career of David Patten and see how it outshines that of Reggie or Marvin. The only decent throw Brady is good at is sticking it up the middle. Everything else, he's sub par. His deep balls are short, his crossing routes are off the mark, and his corner fades.... well at least he knows better than to even attempt those throws.

oh yeah i forgot blair white, collie, and garcon were around when brady won his superbowls  ::)

LOL ur such a brady hater its comical

The Best of 3 Worlds

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 04:18:58 PM »
Peyton in Miami would be dominate.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »
Peyton meeting with the Titans tomorrow or Weds

How you feel about that? I  know you said you think Locker will learn better under Hasselbeck but Peyton guarantees the division, and maybe a bye. CJ2K became CJ1K because you didn't have to respect the pass at all (or the QB rushing). But with Peyton you may have to respect the pass more than the run and that might mean serious production from CJ.

Lunatic

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

How you feel about that? I  know you said you think Locker will learn better under Hasselbeck but Peyton guarantees the division, and maybe a bye. CJ2K became CJ1K because you didn't have to respect the pass at all (or the QB rushing). But with Peyton you may have to respect the pass more than the run and that might mean serious production from CJ.

I'm concerned. Locker was taken to be the future. If Manning signs with the Titans, that seriously jeopardizes that and we just threw away a first round pick. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to sign Manning and keep Locker around for another 2-3 years in a bench role. Plus we seriously need to upgrade the pass rush. The story just came out saying Titans shift focus from Mario Williams to Peyton Manning and that's annoying 'cause Mario was a guy I've wanted all along and so did the front office. The owner (92 year old Bud Adams) pops up outta nowhere and fucks up a good plan put together by good football minds (our front office idea to sign Mario Williams).

With all that said, it'd be pretty hard for me to NOT get excited about signing Peyton Freakin' Manning. If it happens, I'm sure I'd be excited.

But it will suck to not sign Peyton or Mario.

I think it'd look appealing for the short term but I'd be seriously concerned for the future.

I'll just sit back and see how it plays out. Whatever happens, happens.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 07:31:36 PM »

I'm concerned. Locker was taken to be the future. If Manning signs with the Titans, that seriously jeopardizes that and we just threw away a first round pick. I'd imagine it'd be difficult to sign Manning and keep Locker around for another 2-3 years in a bench role. Plus we seriously need to upgrade the pass rush. The story just came out saying Titans shift focus from Mario Williams to Peyton Manning and that's annoying 'cause Mario was a guy I've wanted all along and so did the front office. The owner (92 year old Bud Adams) pops up outta nowhere and fucks up a good plan put together by good football minds (our front office idea to sign Mario Williams).

With all that said, it'd be pretty hard for me to NOT get excited about signing Peyton Freakin' Manning. If it happens, I'm sure I'd be excited.

But it will suck to not sign Peyton or Mario.

I think it'd look appealing for the short term but I'd be seriously concerned for the future.

I'll just sit back and see how it plays out. Whatever happens, happens.

Not sure what the cap looks like but getting Manning first would be a great way to get Mario to sign for a contender. I can't see anyone in the AFC South not winning the division with Manning, even Jacksonville. The AFC South and AFC West are the only guarantee division titles with Manning I see. Beating the Pats isn't a lock in the East, the Steelers and Ravens in the North, the Niners in the NFC West, the Packers in the North, and who knows what's going to happen with the Saints next year, (I predicted a down turn with the loss of Williams before the scandal), and the NFC East is the most unpredictable division ever.

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:11 PM »
You're looking at 32 million for both Mario & Manning.. Not gonna happen

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 06:06:25 AM »
You're looking at 32 million for both Mario & Manning.. Not gonna happen

I'd rather it not, and I'd also there be no Wayne, Clark or anyone else involved. I've long claimed that the difference between the 2000s Colts and the 2000s Bills is 18, so any team right now with Peyton is a better team than the Colts of the last ten years, so I expect bigger things from that team than than the Colts have done, and I'd rather no other big free agents get added to the mix to share the credit.

My main goal here is to rub it in people's faces that I was right, and 1 or 2 rings in the next 4 years with any number of these single digit win teams and no other acquisitions makes it hard for even my greatest antagonists to argue with any actual belief in what they say.

So bring on the Titans, the Dolphins, the Broncos or the Cards and let's see my theory go to work. If the best he can do with the 9-7 Titans is go 11-5 and one and done for three years then shame on me for arguing all these years, but 1 ring in 4 years will justify everything and his place on the next top 100 will jump from 8 to 1, and 1 more ring after that leaves no one else in the discussion.

Lunatic

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:44:15 PM »
Titans receiving core is underrated with plenty potential. VERY dangerous if Britt can stay healthy. Guys like Damian Williams, Jared Cook, Nate Washington & Lavelle Hawkins would probably look great with Peyton throwing to them.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 06:46:25 PM »
I think Peyton Manning is going to be a Titan

Peyton Manning and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak will meet Wednesday, a league source told NFL Network.

NFL Network's Albert Breer reported earlier Tuesday that the Titans are confident in Munchak's ability to recruit -- the coach was a major reason why quarterback Matt Hasselbeck landed in Nashville last year. Titans coach Bud Adams said over the weekend that Manning is the quarterback he wants.

In the event they sign Manning, the Titans would prefer to keep 2011 first-round draft pick Jake Locker, team sources told Breer. Hasselbeck almost certainly would be traded or released.

Manning, the NFL's only four-time MVP, has visited with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after being released by the Indianapolis Colts last week.

Former Colts chairman Bill Polian, who worked with Manning in Indianapolis, believes it's a two-team race for the quarterback's services.

"Well, I see it as a dead heat at this point (between the Broncos and Titans)," Polian said Tuesday on ESPN. "The Titans do have the home-field advantage as both he and his wife have a great affection for the state of Tennessee, they have a home in Chattanooga, so it's possible that that could be the deciding factor. But I think for sure (he'll join an) AFC (team) and (it's) very definitely a tough decision for him."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 07:09:04 PM »
I think Peyton Manning is going to be a Titan

Peyton Manning and Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak will meet Wednesday, a league source told NFL Network.

NFL Network's Albert Breer reported earlier Tuesday that the Titans are confident in Munchak's ability to recruit -- the coach was a major reason why quarterback Matt Hasselbeck landed in Nashville last year. Titans coach Bud Adams said over the weekend that Manning is the quarterback he wants.

In the event they sign Manning, the Titans would prefer to keep 2011 first-round draft pick Jake Locker, team sources told Breer. Hasselbeck almost certainly would be traded or released.

Manning, the NFL's only four-time MVP, has visited with the Denver Broncos, Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins after being released by the Indianapolis Colts last week.

Former Colts chairman Bill Polian, who worked with Manning in Indianapolis, believes it's a two-team race for the quarterback's services.

"Well, I see it as a dead heat at this point (between the Broncos and Titans)," Polian said Tuesday on ESPN. "The Titans do have the home-field advantage as both he and his wife have a great affection for the state of Tennessee, they have a home in Chattanooga, so it's possible that that could be the deciding factor. But I think for sure (he'll join an) AFC (team) and (it's) very definitely a tough decision for him."

Houston won't like it one bit. The Colts are bracing themselves to be losers for the next 3 or 4 years, and the Jags might want to think about Hasselbeck if Peyt comes home to Tenn

A lot of nice stories wit Peyton in Tennessee, the obvious is the  Vols connection, the two timesa year he'll play the Colts, and the fact that the Titans used to be the Houston Oilers where Peyton's dad got replaced by Andrew Luck's dad.

With Marshall gone from Miami the Titans or Broncos are the only two teams in the current race I want Peyton to go to. The question with Locker comes in at how long can they bench him and how long does Manning want to play. 3 years or less should be no problem, but if Peyton wants to play 4 or 5 years Jake might start getting restless.

Lunatic

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2012, 11:19:40 PM »
Titans--Manning connections

Obviously his college career
AFC South
Wife is a Tennessee native
They own a house in Chattanooga
Titans just hired Bill Polian's son
Archie Manning was team mates with Coach Munchak (and is apparently pushing Manning towards the Titans)
Offensive Coordinator Chris Palmer coached Eli Manning in his best statistical season, and they're still close friends to this day

I think I'm missing some too..

That's a whole lot..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 02:59:19 PM »
Titans receiving core is underrated with plenty potential. VERY dangerous if Britt can stay healthy. Guys like Damian Williams, Jared Cook, Nate Washington & Lavelle Hawkins would probably look great with Peyton throwing to them.

Britt is a diva. Peyton doesn't do diva's.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

Britt is a diva. Peyton doesn't do diva's.

Britt has best WR in the NFL talent, hell work just fine with peyton.
And Shallow u cant say the Titans have it LOCKED with Peyton, last time i checked the Texans were pretty damn good

The Best of 3 Worlds

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »
He's talented. He's just a typical diva.

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
Have any of you ever read the 2pac poem about the rose that grew from concrete? That was a prophecy about Peyton in Indiana.