Poll

Which quarterback would you rather have next season?

Peyton Manning
4 (33.3%)
Cam Newton
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?  (Read 2756 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Which quarterback would you rather have next season?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
Titans sign 7 time pro bowl OL (first ballot Hof) Steve Hutchinson and are on the verge of signing Packers pro bowl C Scott Wells. This will make us a top 3 OL team in the league, easily. We have a superior RB and better WR/TE targets.

How the fuck is this even a discussion between Titans & Broncos?

Denver should be out of the race now, but San Fran still seems attractive. The division is weaker, the defense is stronger, and the coach has a blood-thirst. The best chance to win it all next year, counting all 32 teams, and the best chance to break the TD record again, because Harbaugh will fire up in the 4th quarter rather than ease up.

Both teams play the Pats next year, and the Niners don't play the Colts but play the Giants. The Titans don't play the Giants at all. And I'm still not sold of the Giants winning the division next year the way Philly ended. I'm sure scheduling will have say. He may want to shove it in the Colts face and not play his brother. Or not want to play Indy at all next year and deal with facing his brother instead, and again in the playoffs if need be.

I wonder what the NFL wants more; a Manning/Manning Superbowl, or a Manning/Brady Superbowl. And I wonder what Olivia would hate more the idea of Peyton beating Eli in the playoffs or the idea of Peyton beating Eli in the Superbowl. I think she won't mind so much about Eli beating Peyton at either.

Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2012, 11:28:35 AM »
Sucks we missed out on Wells & Myers but the Titans allowed the 2nd lowest sacks last year and we've already upgraded the OL with the Hutch signing

I thought he ruled out the Cardinals because he didn't want to play in the NFC vs. Eli..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »
Manning just worked out for the Titans in Knoxville, TN. So he's now visisted us in the state of TN twice, we're the only team he's done that (he met Arizona in Arizona once, Miami in Indianapolis once, Denver in Denver once & Duke once, SF at Duke once, Tennessee in Tennessee twice).

Gotta be a good sign he's met with the Titans twice, in Tennessee twice.

Plus this was at his former college (in Knoxville, TN)

@glennonsports: #Titans have watched Manning work out in Knoxville today.

#Titans GM Webster: "I thought he looked comfortable and we had a good visit. This is another important step in the process."

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2012, 11:47:37 AM »
The Nashville Tennessean reports free agent Peyton Manning worked out for the Titans in Knoxville, Tenn. on Saturday.
Knoxville, of course, is where Manning spent four years playing college ball for the University of Tennessee. It's been nearly impossible to ascertain who is actually in the lead for Manning's services, but the fact that he flew to Tennessee for the Titans after making the Broncos come to North Carolina can only be interpreted as a good thing for Tennessee. If Manning is feeling nostalgic, it could be curtains for Denver and San Francisco.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2012, 12:43:05 PM »
The Nashville Tennessean reports free agent Peyton Manning worked out for the Titans in Knoxville, Tenn. on Saturday.
Knoxville, of course, is where Manning spent four years playing college ball for the University of Tennessee. It's been nearly impossible to ascertain who is actually in the lead for Manning's services, but the fact that he flew to Tennessee for the Titans after making the Broncos come to North Carolina can only be interpreted as a good thing for Tennessee. If Manning is feeling nostalgic, it could be curtains for Denver and San Francisco.

No offense but the distance between Duke and Knoxville, and Knoxville and Nashville isn't all that different. Thn again neither is the difference between Indianapolis and Nashville. All I'm saying it's like he went "all the way" to Tennessee, when it's the next state over.

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »
^ True, but still. He could have stayed at Duke where he's clearly more comfortable.

They worked out at a high school in Knoxville.

Everyone keeps saying how he's a "creature of habit." There's nothing regarding habit when u talk about a move from Ind to SF (time zone, lifestyle, community, division and conference etc).

I'd also find it odd for him to pick a team he hasn't even visited in state or at their facilities yet.

Wouldn't blame him if he picked the 49ers though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2012, 06:31:27 PM »
Zona is out. Management there is saying "Peyton Manning is no long an option for us".

It's either Denver or 49ers, in my opinion. I think he should sign with San Fran. We're talking threepeat, potential 57 game win streak there.

Shallow Jr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 07:55:59 PM »
Zona is out. Management there is saying "Peyton Manning is no long an option for us".

It's either Denver or 49ers, in my opinion. I think he should sign with San Fran. We're talking threepeat, potential 57 game win streak there.

That would be a good fit, but not good enough. See, the 49ers were a contender last year, and if he went there he wouldn't get the credit he deserves for winning it all. I want Peyton to go to team that he has to take over the top, a team that people wouldn't have given a chance before. That way, everyone will realize that Peyton really is the greatest, and people like Jaydc and Mosav will have to accept the fact that they were wrong about Peyton.

Lunatic

« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 09:17:05 AM »
It's either Denver or 49ers
haha you're jokes

Lunatic

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:43 AM »
Shannon Sharpe is convinced it's the Titans

I'm hearing titans as well. #sadbroncofan. RT @Leemac931 @ShannonSharpe what makes you so confident about Peyton? Inside sources? Locally in Nashville we're hearing 1. TN, 2. SF

Yes I heard late last night Titans. RT @TheWasserman @ShannonSharpe @iNURSELISA so you think he's leaning TN?

I think we lost out to Titans. RT @schaffer76 @ShannonSharpe How's the Greatest TE of All Time today? If Den misses out on PM you think they may try for Flynn or A. Smith?

This source is normally right on. RT @TheWasserman @ShannonSharpe @iNURSELISA so you think den is out huh?

Manning not going to niners. RT @waltisthebest @ShannonSharpe y would 49ers let alex smith talk 2 another team do they know something about mannng

Unless he does a 180 RT @Broncos_Nation If @ShannonSharpe is saying Titans, it's the Titans... Favre is still out there tho! #gobroncos

Manning deal is easy at least 60mil 1st 2yrs 70 over 3. Watch how close to those #s they get. RT @DaAnsahOnSports @ShannonSharpe @waltisthebest Just a ploy to get the money up for both QBs. Lawyer/agent methods. Fox will give Manning all the control.

We all have sources. RT @brucehallsports @brucehallsports @ShannonSharpe @schaffer76 Shannon, what makes you think you lost out in Denver?

That's what happened. RT @DaAnsahOnSports @ShannonSharpe @schaffer76 damn the Titans stepped in? The guy who told me Denver was before Bud Adams stepped up. I knew no NFC.

He's more familiar with afc and his brother is in nfc. RT @Paul__Joseph @ShannonSharpe but moss is! Moss Manningham Crabtree Davis Gore.. Best d in football.. Mammoth Oline.. Peyton should easily be a 49er.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »
It's either Denver or 49ers
haha you're jokes

Unless ESPN is lying to me. I mean, the Titans are an option. But Elway & him had a great workout & then San Fran has the most

Peyton has free choice of where he wants to go & he's coming off of major surgery. It would make sense to go to the place with the most support. 49ers offer the most, between the best defense, Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon & now Manningham.

I'm telling you, if he goes to the 49ers, I'd put an easy 200 bucks before Week 1 that they go undefeated. It wouldn't even be fair. Or he could go to the Titans & go 10-6, 11-5 at best.

It basically comes down to what Peyton wants to do. Win easy or stay close to home because he's getting old.

Lunatic

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 05:40:18 PM »
Unless ESPN is lying to me. I mean, the Titans are an option. But Elway & him had a great workout & then San Fran has the most

Peyton has free choice of where he wants to go & he's coming off of major surgery. It would make sense to go to the place with the most support. 49ers offer the most, between the best defense, Frank Gore, Crabtree, Vernon & now Manningham.

I'm telling you, if he goes to the 49ers, I'd put an easy 200 bucks before Week 1 that they go undefeated. It wouldn't even be fair. Or he could go to the Titans & go 10-6, 11-5 at best.

It basically comes down to what Peyton wants to do. Win easy or stay close to home because he's getting old.
Of course they're an option. Rumors are Elway and Denver left that meeting with "diminished hopes" and actually brought a contract with them. Not sure if that's true or not. Keep in mind he met with the Titans the very next day and had a good workout as well (throwing the football). Of those 2 meetings, he made Denver come to Duke and he came to Tennessee the very next day.

I don't think he wants to play in the NFC. And he still hasn't visited San Fran in SF yet. I'd find it odd for him to sign with a team he hasn't visited in state yet, especially when he's made this such a lengthy "process" visiting teams at their headquarters. Of course he could meet in SF tomorrow for all I know, but until that happens, I find it hard to believe the 49ers are real players here.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2012, 10:10:41 PM »
Well Alex Smith met with Miami today. So at this stage they need a starting quarterback lol.

Lunatic

« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »
Smith will probably re-sign with SF and Miami is fucked lol

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
Smith will probably re-sign with SF and Miami is fucked lol

I could see Harbaugh trading for Tebow just because his ego is so big he thinks he can stick it to Peyton by winning a ring with Tebow.

In all seriousness, if anyone can get Tebow NFL QB ready it's harbaugh, and if you think SFs run attack is dangerous now, imagine Tebow and Gore coming around the edge at the same time.

That would be the best Superbowl scenario next year, ratings wise. Niners vs Broncos with Tebow in San Fran.