Author Topic: Studio Gangstas  (Read 1445 times)

BIGWORM

Re: Studio Gangstas
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2012, 11:51:03 AM »
Rap Music should be considered entertainment. No one questions actors in movies and gives them flack for being real or fake gangsters.

Lil little kids get confused, I guess.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2012, 12:13:17 PM »
Rap Music should be considered entertainment. No one questions actors in movies and gives them flack for being real or fake gangsters.

yeah, but are you really gonna listen to a gangsta rapper talk about locs, 100-spokes, and drive-bys when you know the only crime he's ever seen was on TV?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »
The difference is that off-camera, you don't see those actors still portraying those same roles that they took on for that project.  The persona ends when the director says "cut."  Rappers are still talking tough in interviews, or throwing up signs in pictures at whatever events they're at, very rarely explaining the difference between their rap personas and real life.  That's all that the world deserves from these people, which would benefit them... unless they want to get chin checked (if they're at the wrong place at the wrong time), called "fake" (if they don't come through or just end up being all talk) or let the younger generation think that it's all real, then they try to soak up their game and portray that themselves.  It's like that one kid got his ass spanked with a belt by his uncle on camera for trying to act like he was a G... I don't doubt that he was just thinking that all that gangsta rap shit is cool and that's how he has to be.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
theres a fine line I guess between portraying the lifestyle and glorifying it. Spice 1 was targeted by CJ Mac and Mc Pooh for being a Studio gangsta and if you look at his early work he was definitley glorifying and playing the role of the sterotypical Gangsta/Superman. Later on he tried to move away from that role into more of a pimp/hustler
The bodycount in his early albums was up there with Rocky 3

:D

Kurupt of late has been portraying this strange role of global villain with access to an enormous array of top shelf weaponry that when used dismembers and obliterates his nameless adversaries
studio terrorist?

:laugh:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
Kurupt of late has been portraying this strange role of global villain with access to an enormous array of top shelf weaponry that when used dismembers and obliterates his nameless adversaries
studio terrorist?

i know right, this nigga raps like M. bison.

awol22222

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2012, 01:30:16 PM »
studio terrorist?

ROFL

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2012, 03:56:35 PM »
gangsta rap is from niggas either spittin' what they seen or heard from other niggas or acually lived it and are tellin' they story on wax. there's more than one aspect of hip hop. hip hop is multi layered like dr. dre tracks ya dig.... that's the point of hip hop. if you didn't live a gangsta life you shouldn't portray it on the mic. if you didn't hustle or rob niggas it's ok to be yourself. be yourself or be nobody.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Al Bundy

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
studio terrorist?

ROFL

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »
the worst offenders are the 40 year olds like Daz claiming crip still

of course you're the crip authority lol

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

u serious thats him???? lmao!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »

Actors are playing roles for the purpose of telling stories. It would be one thing if rappers were admitting they assume characters in their music for the purpose of entertainment. But they don't. They act that way outside of the music and pretend like its reality.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 06:45:47 PM »

its an old ass pic, i aint ashamed

nore did i ever claim to be a crip authority...but NIK did

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »

its an old ass pic, i aint ashamed

nore did i ever claim to be a crip authority...but NIK did

it's an old pic and you already goin bald with that young mans comb over lmao

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »
He probably looks worse now

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 09:19:46 PM »
Daz was one of the guys he had grown close to and was actually on the ground cripping

LOL @ "cripping"

so is cripping something that you find cool? or something to be proud of?

who gives a fuck if Daz was really cripping or not, gangbangers are all fucking retarded.

you fuckers all idolize these idiots for being crips or bloods or a "real g"..do you think being a piece of shit who contributes to the downfall of our society is something to be proud of?

bikers and mobsters are the real Gz, the white man is often imitated but never duplicated

Never made any reference to it being a good thing

I know you didn't. That post was directed at 99% of this board though, not necessarily you bro.

Most everyone on here thinks it's cool to be a "gangsta" when in reality, weather it be a "real" gangsta or a studio gangsta, they're all lame as fuck.

Back in the day, when "gangsta rap" was at its peak, a small percentage of us liked it for the production, and sometimes the message/lyrics, while everyone else got brainwashed into thinking that in order to be cool in life you gotta be a G.

Real Gz end up in prison or dead, and fake Gz end up like Daz...fat, stupid, and still pretending to be cool on the internet.

Cool story bro. And it's whether not weather you illiterate fuck. Why don't you take your I'm holier than 99.9% than the rest of you back to the trailer park you came from you inbred honkey.

lol u mad bro? and I live in the suburbs not the trailer park

whatchu know about that white man money ese?  ;)

Just shut the fuck up

ROFL U mad too bitch?

y u no like wut i say?

u must not be white.

Crockett

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Smile Boys Were About To Retire
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:18 AM »
2pac...

dre.