Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)  (Read 9815 times)

bouli77

Re: Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe (Feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced By Scoop Deville)
« Reply #180 on: April 03, 2012, 08:33:16 AM »
Dre flow has been pretty bad for a while ... and each time he imitates the flow of the rapper who ghostwrites his verse , it's a fail , sounds forced

I totally agree.  Its the only thing i don't really like about this track

but its still dope to me  8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2012, 08:35:28 AM »
LMAO its comical how much attention this thread is getting because of three words: Feat. Dr. Dre.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2012, 08:37:23 AM »
Nah, he sounds too much like Kendrick.

Kendrick wrote Dre's verse and probably laid down a reference vocal of Dre's part for guidance on how to deliver it.  He is trying to sound like Kendrick.  I wish he would cut it out.  Personally, I want to hear D.O.C. write for Dre, but I know that ain't happening anymore, so...
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Cali_Heat

« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »
one Day later still Dope !Fire

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
LMAO its comical how much attention this thread is getting because of three words: Feat. Dr. Dre.

And you posted here at least twice already as well, so don't pretend.

Plus I checked here because it's Kendrick's first single I don't really care about Dre, I just hoped he wouldnt fuck his style up, which he didn't so it's nice and helps Kendrick, so I'm all for it.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #185 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40:53 AM »
People always yearn for west coast anthems and when one drops they hate on it, lol.

Serious question:  What is anthemic about this?  What is memorable to the point where live crowds are going to join in and finish the vocals for the artists on stage?  The rapping is too fast for that kind of audience involvement, and a real anthemic chorus to me is the type that Treach has excelled at for 20 years -- a call and response chorus.  So basically I'm interested in hearing why you feel this is an anthem.  Is there a single true Cali pride moment in this track that's going to catch on and become a catch phrase or anything of that sort?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:42:44 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #186 on: April 03, 2012, 08:45:35 AM »
People always yearn for west coast anthems and when one drops they hate on it, lol.

Serious question:  What is anthemic about this?  What is memorable to the point where live crowds are going to join in and finish the vocals for the artists on stage?  The rapping is too fast for that kind of audience involvement, and a real anthemic chorus to me is the type that Treach has excelled at for 20 years -- a call and response chorus.  So basically I'm interested in hearing why you feel this is an anthem.

Serious answer: The "women, weed and weather" hook is catchy, people can easily sing along. Same goes for the "Welcome to L.A." line in the end of the chorus. It's a real cali anthem, the whole vibe, the hook, it fits. And from the most responses in here I feel proved. I'm pretty damn sure that Kendrick will be rocking the crowd with this one from now on.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #187 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:06 AM »

Is there a single true Cali pride moment in this track that's going to catch on and become a catch phrase or anything of that sort?

now that you edited your post: Yes - "women, weed and weather", still. At least I have this shit in my head since yesterday

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
Serious answer: The "women, weed and weather" hook is catchy

Hmmm, on second thought, I agree with you there.  That small part where it's like, "Why do people come here?"  ---  For the women, weed and weather  I don't think the song is really centered around that moment enough to catch on real big like that, not like "You down with OPP?  Yeah, you know me!"  but at least I see your point.  IMO, they could have done a better job making that the focal point of the song if that's what they were going for.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2012, 08:53:40 AM »
Serious answer: The "women, weed and weather" hook is catchy

Hmmm, on second thought, I agree with you there.  That small part where it's like, "Why do people come here?"  ---  For the women, weed and weather  I don't think the song is really centered around that moment enough to catch on real big like that, not like "You down with OPP?  Yeah, you know me!"  but at least I see your point.  IMO, they could have done a better job making that the focal point of the song if that's what they were going for.

No problem, everyone has his own perception and opinion. But since I already read a lotta comments (not only on this page) from people who dig the record and also for the fact this this particular line stuck in my head, I brought this point up. We will see how it's doing in the long run, but for now I'm happy with it and I guess the crowd will appreciate this track on Kendrick gigs.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:34 AM »
^ how were you the only one thinking about the women weed and weather part as being catchy. That's what kendrick and dre made the damn hook for lol Props to you, I've played it yesterday for a few people and they loved that line plus the welcome to LA. Kendrick knows what he's doing with song writing.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #191 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
No problem, everyone has his own perception and opinion. But since I already read a lotta comments (not only on this page) from people who dig the record and also for the fact this this particular line stuck in my head, I brought this point up. We will see how it's doing in the long run, but for now I'm happy with it and I guess the crowd will appreciate this track on Kendrick gigs.

But I don't think this track will bring new fans to Kendrick.  Look at me -- I'm not a Kendrick fan, and the best part of this song for me is the beat and the engineering.  Now, I think the point of this song was to expand Kendrick's audience outside the established hardcore Kendrick fans that he's already got in his back pocket no matter what, to the broader fans of Westcoast music such as myself.  They put Dre on this song because the #1 way to get broad Westcoast fan appeal is to feature Dre or Snoop.  They're probably hoping this song will get attention from general Westcoast rap listeners before they attempt to branch out further to broad rap fans in general.  But I don't think this song accomplishes this stepping stone goal, because imo I'm really only liking the production when I should be drawn into liking Kendrick through this song instead.  Case in point: next Kendrick song that doesn't have a Westcoast feature nor a prominent Westcoast producer, if this song right here worked, I would seek it out, but as of right now, I won't.  So basically this song failed to bring in me as a new listener of Kendrick's music.

bouli77

« Reply #192 on: April 03, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »

as always on dubcc lol

David Gutterman

« Reply #193 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:44 AM »
Kendrick Lamar, Dr. Dre and Big Boy's Neighborhood interview

Bungalow

• 'G'
« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2012, 09:23:12 AM »
sorry...im not really feeling this one. And im a big fan of Dre and Kendrick...