Author Topic: Sticky: Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 2662 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Sticky: Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread
« on: May 30, 2012, 04:55:05 PM »
Group A
  Czech Republic
  Greece
  Poland
  Russia

Group B
  Denmark
  Germany
  Netherlands
  Portugal

Group C
  Croatia
  Italy
  Republic of Ireland
  Spain

Group D
  England
  France
  Sweden
  Ukraine

Fri 8th June    Poland v Greece    19.00
Fri 8th June    Russia v Czech Republic    21.45

Sat 9th June    Netherlands v Denmark    19.00
Sat 9th June    Germany v Portugal    21.45

Sun 10th June    Spain v Italy    19.00
Sun 10th June    Rep of Ireland v Croatia    21.45

Mon 11th June    France v England    19.00
Mon 11th June    Ukraine v Sweden    21.45

Tue 12th June    Greece v Czech Republic    19.00
Tue 12th June    Poland v Russia    21.45

Wed 13th June    Denmark v Portugal    19.00
Wed 13th June    Netherlands v Germany    21.45

Thu 14th June    Italy v Croatia    19.00
Thu 14th June    Spain v Rep of Ireland    21.45

Fri 15th June    Sweden v England    19.00
Fri 15th June    Ukraine v France    21.45

Sat 16th June    Czech Republic v Poland    21.45
Sat 16th June    Greece v Russia    21.45

Sun 17th June    Portugal v Netherlands    21.45
Sun 17th June    Denmark v Germany    21.45

Mon 18th June    Croatia v Spain    21.45
Mon 18th June    Italy v Rep of Ireland    21.45

Tue 19th June    England v Ukraine    21.45
Tue 19th June    Sweden v France    21.45
NO MORE WAR

Lunatic

Re: Sticky: Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 06:40:26 PM »
Can't wait!!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
We may see some group stage shockers. Being Portuguese, I know we're not expected to past the group stage, and we probably won't, but if we do, it'll be shocking to see Holland OR Germany go home after the group.

In group C, I think Italy may be in some trouble. They lost Barzagli and have only weak back up options such as Bonnuci who is set for mental mistake a game (although a 3-5-2 with Bonnuci, Barzagli & Chiellini was a valuable option before the injury). I wouldn't be shocked to see Croatia take 2nd place in this group.

In group D, I think England are in REAL trouble with Lampard & Cahill hurt, teamed with Rooney's suspension. France will take 1st place in this group, won't be surprised to see Ukraine or even Sweden grab 2nd.

I think we're in for some surprises in terms of group stage eliminations.

Fraxxx

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
We may see some group stage shockers. Being Portuguese, I know we're not expected to past the group stage, and we probably won't, but if we do, it'll be shocking to see Holland OR Germany go home after the group.

In group C, I think Italy may be in some trouble. They lost Barzagli and have only weak back up options such as Bonnuci who is set for mental mistake a game (although a 3-5-2 with Bonnuci, Barzagli & Chiellini was a valuable option before the injury). I wouldn't be shocked to see Croatia take 2nd place in this group.

In group D, I think England are in REAL trouble with Lampard & Cahill hurt, teamed with Rooney's suspension. France will take 1st place in this group, won't be surprised to see Ukraine or even Sweden grab 2nd.

In Germany folks are irritated bout how our team was performing in the last 2 games but test games don't matter. It's gonna be difficult for Portugal but like them, Germany and Holland have to rely on a great offense. I'm hoping for a lotta goals in these games.

I would agree with you on your other points, England only goes on a short trip. Our group is by far the most exciting and I really hope for Holland to make it this time but damn, their defense is shit...
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »

In Germany folks are irritated bout how our team was performing in the last 2 games but test games don't matter. It's gonna be difficult for Portugal but like them, Germany and Holland have to rely on a great offense. I'm hoping for a lotta goals in these games.

I would agree with you on your other points, England only goes on a short trip. Our group is by far the most exciting and I really hope for Holland to make it this time but damn, their defense is shit...
Well, Portugal did even worse in the friendlies (0-0 with Macedonia & 3-1 loss to Turkey) and Holland lost 2-1 to Bulgaria and won 7-0 over N. Ireland. It's going to be an exciting group for sure, I expect a ton of goals. Portugal are quite weak in defense this year too. Pepe is great at CB & Coentrao at LB, but our RB is just average and the other CB (Alves) is suffering from a serious lack of form and rustiness after a disappointing season at Zenit.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:11:42 AM »

Fuck it, I hope they fail and Löw gets sacked. If he really favours Mertesucker and Badstuber over Hummels he's a complete idiot. I won't be rooting for a FC Bayern National Team.

Key players like Klose and Schweinsteiger will not be in shape, the group stage could be more difficult than expected.
Portugal doesn't seem to be a big threat though. Are they really going to play with Almeida? Well, maybe atleast the Dutch can punish Löw for his idiocy.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:13:40 AM by Furor Teutonicus »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 03:52:57 AM »
^Löw has been shitted on for playing Podolski and Klose last time and he was has proved he was right doing that.

Dortmund players just ain't made for big games. Sure they can own Bayern, they have their number. But they fold on the big stage.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »
^Löw has been shitted on for playing Podolski and Klose last time and he was has proved he was right doing that.

Dortmund players just ain't made for big games. Sure they can own Bayern, they have their number. But they fold on the big stage.

But Mertesacker is a different case. He was weak during WC 2010, he was part of Bremens horrible defense for years and this year he has been injured all the time. I don't know how anyone can think he's a good man.

Yeah, because they failed in their first CL season they are automaticially not good enough for the big stage ::) Fuck you Bayern lames, get a new excuse. In the national team they never had a real chance.

To be fair, only Hummels deserves to be in the starting squad. He is the best defender by a mile, but the fact that Badstuber and Mertesucker are favoured is a big joke.
If atleast he would get the proper recognition I would have  had a bit of respect  left for Löw.

Fraxxx

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:06 AM »
Hummels over Mertesacker all day. Shit, I would reactivate Friedrich instead of letting Merte play!

And I think it's not the stupidest thing to let Boateng, Badstuber and Lahm play in front of Neuer, they know each other well.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

bouli77

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »
Mertesacker is a pretty horrible CB, dunno how he made it to the starting position in the Mannschaft, you guys used to have standards, especially when it comes to center backs.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
Badstuber belongs there. Mertesacker? It's obvious any normal person would say no. But Löw knew what he did before, so I trust he knows things we don't.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:22 AM »
one's thing for sure, Löw is a beast, i mean, coming from nowhere and handling responsibilities like he did, totally changing German's style of play and getting results almost instantly, this guy earned my respect. also, over the years, coaches have made unpopular decisions which were for the best (x'ing Raul from la Roja, Cantona & Ginola from France, etc.) so i think Löw deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Lunatic

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »
Wow, Hummels should certainly be in the XI.

And to answer your question, highly unlikely Almeida starts at striker for Portugal. We gave him a chance in the Turkey game to win the job and he failed. We don't have many options, but I'd say Postiga is likely to start Saturday. He's better than Almeida, has started most games at striker for us under coach Bento and enjoyed a better club year than Almeida.

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »
Is it certain Hummels won't start?

EAZY-LI

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »
anyone watching poland (England C team) vs Grease?
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995