Author Topic: Sticky: Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread  (Read 2661 times)

bouli77

Re: Sticky: Official UEFA Euro 2012 Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:24 AM »
i think Del Bosque's tactics was to tire Italy out and then wait for Torres to come on the pitch and score, and if you think about it, it all but worked... if Torres wasn't a shadow of his former self, he would have bagged at least one goal from all his chances. also, his decision to play Fabregas as a forward wasn't that ludicrous since he ended up scoring. Spain's attack is gonna be a problem but then again they played very well yesterday and might have won (could have lost too) had there been another keeper than buffon. Spain are clearly still favorite to win the tournament, but we'll see if competitive teams emerge from these group stages.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 09:26:53 AM »
Del Bosque's tactic was great, Torres just didn't execute.

Anways, Italy was nice, could surprise a lot of people on this Euro.

Lunatic

« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 10:23:42 PM »
Euro is much more competitive than the world cup no doubt. I agree making it 24 teams will take some of that away.

But you do have some good teams not in this tournament -- Belgium, Serbia & Turkey should be there (I Wish they were in this tournament instead of Greece, Czech & Ireland). Slovakia could be competitive as well. But surely you'll get some garbage teams in the 24 team set up.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

EAZY-LI

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 11:52:26 PM »
Euro is much more competitive than the world cup no doubt. I agree making it 24 teams will take some of that away.

But you do have some good teams not in this tournament -- Belgium, Serbia & Turkey should be there (I Wish they were in this tournament instead of Greece, Czech & Ireland). Slovakia could be competitive as well. But surely you'll get some garbage teams in the 24 team set up.

cant get rid off ireland (England B Team) ill need a second team to support  :laugh:

any way happy with the result against the french i think we can go on and win the group.
I really thought france was gonna play better than they did.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Lunatic

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 03:10:56 PM »
England seemed to defend quite a bit though. Not sure they believed they could beat France.

Russia-Poland was a good game today, and I expect both of them to advance

EAZY-LI

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
England seemed to defend quite a bit though. Not sure they believed they could beat France.

Russia-Poland was a good game today, and I expect both of them to advance

yeah they did what they always do score then try to defend their lead, when are they gonna learn that
attack is the best form of defence!

Hart is the only player in the england team i would call world class. So too right they didn't think they could beat
France, I didn't think they could till I watched the game the french team was just as nervous as the English team was
I didn't expect that.
The Boyz N Tha Hood Are Always Hard
But Some Times The Boyz Leave Tha Hood
And Roll With God....

Rest In Peace Eric (Eazy-E) Wright
1964-1995

Invincible

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
So far the tournament has been rather dire. The atmosphere in every game so far has been poor and the quality of football hasn't been great either.

Lunatic

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
So far the tournament has been rather dire. The atmosphere in every game so far has been poor and the quality of football hasn't been great either.
I've still been enjoying. They'll only get better as they go on. Especially Group B & D

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 12:40:54 AM »
Not enough risks taken when 2 big nations meet in the 1st game ... Germany-Portugal and England-France , same old game ... " if we score , fine , if not we'll be ok with a draw"

We should have definetely won this in the 2nd half ...

I have trouble to root for assholes/classless players like Ribery , Evra and Nasri though ... it's a weird feeling to root for your country but at the same time not caring that much about the result.

Today's game should be more entertaining as both Portugal and Netherlands don't have the choice

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:42 AM »
^why do you hate ribery? he's my nigga  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 11:47:29 AM »
what a win for portugal  8) ronaldo better wake up next game

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:19 PM »
Great win for Portugal! Say what you want about Ronaldo, but it just shows you the quality of our side. The rest of the players dug deep as Ronaldo was struggling mightily to still pull out a win. The subs of Nelson Oliveira & Varela in both games have been quality. Varela deserved it  8) This proves we are not "just Ronaldo" -- we have quality players all over Europe such as Pepe, Coentrao, Veloso, Moutinho, Meireles, Nani, Postiga, Varela & Oliveira.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 04:58:16 PM by Lunatic »

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 01:26:01 AM »
184 Arrested in Poland During Euro 2012 Violence
Polish police have detained 184 people involved in clashes between Russians and Poles before and during their match at the 2012 Euro Football (soccer) championship in Warsaw.

The first clashes took place Tuesday during a march by thousands of Russian fans to National Stadium for "Russia Day," which marks the fall of the Soviet Union. Violent incidents also occurred during the game, which ended in a 1-1 draw.

Officials said more than 150 Poles and 24 Russians were among those arrested.

At a press briefing on Wednesday, Poland's sports minister, Joanna Mucha, said the incident left her "ashamed" and disgusted."  She said the people involved were "hooligans," not fans.

Polish Interior Minister Jacek Cichocki said there will be "fast track" criminal procedures with the foreign nationals detained so sentences can be issued within two days and they can be expelled from the country.

During the march, police used tear gas and rubber bullets to subdue the clashes. Officials say 10 police officers were injured.

A Russian human rights official, Mikhail Fedotov, told Russia's Interfax news agency he plans to discuss the clashes with Polish officials on Wednesday.

Poland and Russia hold bitter feelings toward each other stemming from the occupation of Poland after World War Two.

Poland and Ukraine are co-hosting the 16-nation Euro 2012 championship, which will be decided on July 1 in Kyiv.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 01:34:50 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlFdBjWnDQk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AlFdBjWnDQk</a>
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2012, 11:35:46 AM »
I really like the way Benzema is playing. More active role than in Madrid.