Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1385 times)

Okka

Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2012, 06:18:20 AM »
example,, DPG-"affiliates" or former DPG-"affiliates": Tha Twinz, E-White, Fratthouse, Roscoe, Hustle Boyz, Eastsidaz, etc etc (list goes on n on).
Crooked I is not one of em

Tha Twinz, Tray Deee, Roscoe and Goldie Loc are all DPG. Hustle Boyz are considered DPG too these days. E-White ain't really fuckin with DPG anymore like that.

Fraxxx

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
best lyricist in Cali by far

I think Locksmith is Crooked I's equal when it comes to spit str8 fire on tha mic - dude is fenomenal and a battle between Crook and Lock would be EPIC 8)

Lock would kill Crooked I in a battle as he's actually a battle rapper. Crooked I would pull a Canibus.

True. And that has nothing to do with Crooked's lyrical abilities but I saw him more than once nearly fuck up his 'Creased Khaki Flow' verses in front of a bigger audience while with Locksmith's battle performance you get the impression of him being in a stage play, that's how good he is.

They are equal in the booth, I guess, but as a rapper I like Crooked more, though. Still I'd co-sign Rapsodies statement.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
its a rather pointless arguement to be honest, cuz it all comes down to opinion i guess and how you define
"affiliation", just like Nima said.

example,, DPG-"affiliates" or former DPG-"affiliates": Tha Twinz, E-White, Fratthouse, Roscoe, Hustle Boyz, Eastsidaz, etc etc (list goes on n on).
Crooked I is not one of em

Tha Twinz, Tray Deee, Roscoe and Goldie Loc are all DPG. Hustle Boyz are considered DPG too these days. E-White ain't really fuckin with DPG anymore like that.

DPGC (Dogg Pound Gangsta Crips): Dogg pound (daz & kurupt), 213 (snoop, nate, Warren), soopafly, lil half dead, rbx, lady of rage, Bad azz, lil c-style, tray deee, big c-style/// line-up wit Bad Azz & Tray Dee as the last "official members"

^all of the otehr artists that were spawned from either of these guys and/or came up under the tutelage of either of em, n have worked wit most of them numerous times(i.e. usual suspects on DPG-releases), are "affiliates" to me. like for example, Roscoe (which is Kurupts brother), came up under the wings of Kurupt, n he continuosly works wit most of the original members of DPGC, so he is affilated imo.
Tha Twinz (memebrs of Perfection aka Foesum) grew up wit n came up wit Snoop at the same time, was singned to Warren G, had an album ready to come out on Daz recordlabel, n has worked and continoulsy works wit most of the orignal line-up (specially on mixtapes), so he is affiliated imo. Crook did come up under C-Style n he has collaborated wit dpg-artists, but i still won't call him an affiliate tho,, a great example would be to compare The Dove Shack wit Crooked I. all of them are from LBC, Dove Shack was singed to Warren for a short moment,
and Crooked supposedly had a 1-deal album wit Daz at teh table at one point (which never turned out to be anythin) - still dont make any of em affilaited to DPG as a whole
see what im gettin at?

Eddz

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Crooked I USED to be DPG affiliated but I don't think he is anymore. You could even say he has out grown them.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »
Crooked I in 1996: Affiliated with one of the top acts in hip-hop with no proper solo LP

Crooked I in 2012: Affiliated with one of the top acts in hip-hop with no proper solo LP

I'm a fan of the guy, but please educate me how releasing EP's and mixtapes for 16 years is "coming a long way"?

bouli77

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 03:23:13 PM »
lil c style and e-white is pretty extreme, but i would understand if some1 preferred rbx, tray deee, or soopafly over crooked i.

If someone prefers an artist over another that's whatever it's just your personal taste.it's like someone liking waka flocka flame but not liking biggie, but saying waka is a better emcee. And that example is valid as that's how far apart someone like crook is to fucking lil c style.

But to out right say RBX or soopafly are better emcees/lyricists then crooked I is just so wrong.

If you don't like a rapper who cares but don't make dumb, outlandish remarks that make you like a complete idiot.

I don't like redman, because he's just my not taste for whatever reason. But I respect what he's done and I'm not going to say young jeezy is a better emcee then he is because that's just dumb.

thank you

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 03:42:31 PM »
Crooked I in 1996: Affiliated with one of the top acts in hip-hop with no proper solo LP

Crooked I in 2012: Affiliated with one of the top acts in hip-hop with no proper solo LP

I'm a fan of the guy, but please educate me how releasing EP's and mixtapes for 16 years is "coming a long way"?

Because he had zero control over wether his album came out. And tha row was nowhere near a top act in hip hop. It was a barely afloat label with poor distribution that was being black balled.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 04:02:46 PM »

Because he had zero control over wether his album came out. And tha row was nowhere near a top act in hip hop. It was a barely afloat label with poor distribution that was being black balled.

If he has all this control after Death Row, why no proper solo LP?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
More bad deals?Maybe he's scared?Maybe he doesn't feel he's completed an album worthy of being called a debut? Who knows. Only he knows the actual reason.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
More bad deals?Maybe he's scared?Maybe he doesn't feel he's completed an album worthy of being called a debut? Who knows. Only he knows the actual reason.
LMFAO
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2012, 05:56:28 PM »
2 of his mixtapes were all original music so he could be 2 albums deep right now if he wanted to

plus Hood Star would be a 3rd album lol