Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 4724 times)

KrazySumwhat

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2012, 04:04:17 AM »
 Ordered this a the other day. Looking forward to hearing it.

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12:32 AM »
Ordered mine today...

Raphael

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2012, 11:49:01 AM »
It's crap but i find Warrens verse on "Let's play house" entertaining for some reason.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
Ya'll need to cut them some slack on sound quality.  You niggaz are forgetting this was recorded nearly 20 years ago in ANALOG format, not the digital shit your used to hearing today.  In todays world they can COMPRESS the shit out of stuff and digitally manipulate it to sound bigger and louder.  Who knows if there has been some quality loss from the storage for all these years too.  It aint easy storing TAPE muthafuckaz.  SMH.

I listened to the first 2 tracks on Itunes and they sound good to me, considering the above.  You can only do so much.  Muthafucka.

EDIT- went throught the rest and there are a couple that sound off, but that could just be the recording... like the beat was recorded quietly.  Heavily compressed.
those "analog" master tapes they record on are 10x better quality then any cd. any digital recording has quality loss..... thats why the master recordings are on analog tapes. smh.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2012, 08:52:44 PM »
Calliing this cd crap is kind of harsh because there are a handful of good tracks.  That said the usual issues such as quality, track selection take away some of the album's full potential in my opinion. 

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2012, 09:33:05 AM »
Ya'll need to cut them some slack on sound quality.  You niggaz are forgetting this was recorded nearly 20 years ago in ANALOG format, not the digital shit your used to hearing today.  In todays world they can COMPRESS the shit out of stuff and digitally manipulate it to sound bigger and louder.  Who knows if there has been some quality loss from the storage for all these years too.  It aint easy storing TAPE muthafuckaz.  SMH.

I listened to the first 2 tracks on Itunes and they sound good to me, considering the above.  You can only do so much.  Muthafucka.

EDIT- went throught the rest and there are a couple that sound off, but that could just be the recording... like the beat was recorded quietly.  Heavily compressed.
those "analog" master tapes they record on are 10x better quality then any cd. any digital recording has quality loss..... thats why the master recordings are on analog tapes. smh.

SMH no they're not... its subjective, there is no definitive answer.  If they were so much better, 10x, then why switch to digital?  
Some people prefer the sound of analog but those are usually old people b/c they grew up with it.  

EDIT- quality loss happens from a lot of things including when they captured it, and if the engineer got the levels right or a bunch of other stuff...

HighEyeCue

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »
heard it today and it reminded me of 2002 and The Last of Tha Pound albums which are better than this

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 03:52:18 PM »
heard it today and it reminded me of 2002 and The Last of Tha Pound albums which are better than this

last of the pound only had 3 songs i listen to.  don't stop, jack move with the Outlawz and Started.

granted those are 3 of the best DPG songs ever  8)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »
Soopafly's tweets made me laugh

@soopaflydpgc
John Payne kill ya self!!!!!

@soopaflydpgc
Deathrow wide awake records....... Great job!!! Cudn't a did a better job at fucn up a chemistry n makin it sound shitty. Y'all did dat!!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2012, 04:24:02 PM »
Soopafly's tweets made me laugh

@soopaflydpgc
John Payne kill ya self!!!!!

@soopaflydpgc
Deathrow wide awake records....... Great job!!! Cudn't a did a better job at fucn up a chemistry n makin it sound shitty. Y'all did dat!!

i'm guessing he doesn't approve of the sound quality :D

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
so what happened 2 Dogg Bag?

Will_B

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2012, 11:42:57 PM »

Maybe it was all bullshit and frontin. Daz still gets his royalty cheque for Doggy Bag.

The DPG are meant to be working with Dre on an album too, maybe that means no releases from them for now

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 02:24:07 AM »

Maybe it was all bullshit and frontin. Daz still gets his royalty cheque for Doggy Bag.

The DPG are meant to be working with Dre on an album too, maybe that means no releases from them for now

lol...would be dope if they came with "dogg bagg" and they just re-did every song on the "doggy bag" album with new production.

Will_B

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:48 AM »

lol...would be dope if they came with "dogg bagg" and they just re-did every song on the "doggy bag" album with new production.

Good concept. I'd go for that