Author Topic: Too many CASH MONEY haters on here  (Read 804 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Too many CASH MONEY haters on here
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 10:24:30 AM »
UNLV > hot boys

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 11:29:41 AM »
ii admired cash money from a producer standpoint because manny was doing it like quik but from a southern stand point...he had his lil in house musicians and the shit sounded tight, but the hot boys were way better then any rappers from new orleans on no limit not named mystikal.

none of master ps brothers or friends could see bg or juve but its not like they were setting lyrical standards.

i admired master ps movement but the more valuable no limit got the shittier the music got once they lost bbtp it was a wrap.

bbtp werent really sweet producers out side the core members but the volume they did is crazy, they did have some hot ass tracks though mostly produced by klc

i like manny fresh and all, but 2 compare him 2 quik is a mockery....you ride for dude a lil too hard.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »
tru > unlv + hot boys > tru = big tymers > 504 boyz

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
his general approach was the same.

have some studio musicians fleshing out tracks inspired by old r and b, soul, jazz and funk records over a staple drum kit....thats quiks formula in a nutshell.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 11:39:29 AM »

have some studio musicians fleshing out tracks inspired by old r and b, soul, jazz and funk records over a staple drum kit....thats quiks formula in a nutshell.

quik is a few levels above manny when it comes to live music lol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »
ii admired cash money from a producer standpoint because manny was doing it like quik but from a southern stand point...he had his lil in house musicians and the shit sounded tight, but the hot boys were way better then any rappers from new orleans on no limit not named mystikal.

none of master ps brothers or friends could see bg or juve but its not like they were setting lyrical standards.

i admired master ps movement but the more valuable no limit got the shittier the music got once they lost bbtp it was a wrap.

bbtp werent really sweet producers out side the core members but the volume they did is crazy, they did have some hot ass tracks though mostly produced by klc

i like manny fresh and all, but 2 compare him 2 quik is a mockery....you ride for dude a lil too hard.

manny fresh has been around damn near as long as dj quik and manny had more commercial success

not a bad comparison but i certainly prefer hearing DJ Quik beats at his best to Manny at his best

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2012, 11:50:35 AM »

not really saying one is better then the other im saying the general approach to music...you would have had to listen to the albums in the proper context to understand where im coming from. im sure you probably didnt know who these ppl were till ha or back that thing up came out like most of the ppl out side of the midwest and the south but independently that music was thriving out of moms and pop shops before soundscan could even tally that shit.

the production on the bigtymers how you love that and soulja rags as well as on its all on you volume 2 was unlike anything else for its time  it came out pre rhythamlism in a post g funk hip hop world i commended him for bringing in a different sound.

bouli77

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »

Mac was a very tight rapper too. His feature on BG's "Chopper City" is a classic to me. Young Bleed was quite lyrical as well.

P's music was better when he was doing it in Cali. His best music came when he was doing most of his stuff with K-Lou, DJ Daryl and E-A Ski & CMT even though that's not what made him famous. From a musical standpoint, 99 Ways to Die, Mr Ice Cream Man and True are the best releases from No Limit (with Young Bleed's stuff which was produced by outside producers). KLC, Mo B. Dick & K-Lou are the best producers out of the BBTP clique to me. amazing beats with live musicians and everything.

http://murderdog.com/archives/1998/klcbeatsbythepound.html

Mannie was very versatile and nice as fuck, as far as good southern music, i'd take Cash Money's catalogue over No Limit's.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
yeah p was getting west and south coast love and that was the best look. even then he was promoting steady mobbin and them.

mac was supposed to be on cashmoney but no limit popped off first and the way i understood it it was his parents that actually pushed him to persue the no limit deal. mac should have went on to become what lil wayne is right now. he had alot of talent from a stupid young age.

i nevr really thought of bleed as a no limit rapper as i was already familiar with c loc before bout it came out...that was a short lived union.

concentration camp and happy p were doppe as fuck. any news on happy p?

and moby dick was easily the most talented out of bbtp  as i understand it dude was the only guy in the click that could read music.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 12:13:27 PM by TRILL COSBY »

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2012, 12:53:36 PM »

not really saying one is better then the other im saying the general approach to music...you would have had to listen to the albums in the proper context to understand where im coming from. im sure you probably didnt know who these ppl were till ha or back that thing up came out like most of the ppl out side of the midwest and the south but independently that music was thriving out of moms and pop shops before soundscan could even tally that shit.

the production on the bigtymers how you love that and soulja rags as well as on its all on you volume 2 was unlike anything else for its time  it came out pre rhythamlism in a post g funk hip hop world i commended him for bringing in a different sound.

no, trust me, i agree that manny fresh is underrated and a lot more innovative than he's ever been given credit for. i liked his shit bac when most cats out here hated it. but i'm just sayin, musically, he aint where quik is. his sound is more mechanical, while quik got them live vibes. but i get what ya sayin.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 04:00:43 PM »
the mechanical thing your talking about comes from the heavy usage of the 808 drum and his manipulation of the drum mach. but that 808 was kind of the charm of all bounce influenced music if you took it out it wouldnt be very signature.

its like the zapp clap if you took it out of alot of quik songs it instantly turns into soft jazz music

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »

concentration camp and happy p were doppe as fuck. any news on happy p?

i second that the real Baton Rouge sounds
Happy P doing some stuff now and often, he did almost whole last Max Minelli album MAX PAIN which is smashin

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
the mechanical thing your talking about comes from the heavy usage of the 808 drum and his manipulation of the drum mach. but that 808 was kind of the charm of all bounce influenced music if you took it out it wouldnt be very signature.

its like the zapp clap if you took it out of alot of quik songs it instantly turns into soft jazz music

Yea, I know... Quik still uses way more live instruments than Manny, tho

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 08:57:17 PM »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 09:21:24 PM »
No Limit, late 90's -->> Cash Money, late 90's

mid 1990s cash money > any no limit/ymcmb bullshit