Author Topic: Listening Dr. Dre rap is just embarrassing in 2012  (Read 3147 times)

Technochronic1

• Lil Geezy
Re: Listening Dr. Dre rap is just embarrassing in 2012
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 03:47:20 PM »
yeah, and the same thing goes with Snoop

Dre always bit the styles of people he rapped (who wrote his shit) , for example eminem on forgot about dre

I dont understand why yall bother discussin this?

we´re on a discussion forum  that´s focused in living in the past. that´s why.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
I've seen Lamar preform Recipe twice live and without Dre, that's the version I need in CDQ, and niggas wonder why the track didn't blow up

because no one want to hear 50 year old steroid Dre in their speakers
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 05:41:54 PM »
yeah, and the same thing goes with Snoop

Dre always bit the styles of people he rapped (who wrote his shit) , for example eminem on forgot about dre

we´re on a discussion forum  that´s focused in living in the past. that´s why.

I still say they should revamp this forum, Divide it up into two sections, Old West (1980s, 1990s, 2000s-2010, as sub-forums) New West (2010- Present, every 10 years, it gets archived and moved into it's own sub-forum in old) Out-Bounds, G-Spot, Entertainment (Sports as a subsection), and Train of Thought. Update the forum and it's features (Seriously, not even a fucking youtube button? after how many years?),Change the Color or least have the option to, have mods that actually do something and keep the shit organized. 8)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:43:40 PM by Blasphemy (A) »

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »
"The Recipe" is dull to begin with, but Dre using Kendrick's flow just ruins it for me. "Swimming Pools" is so much better.

Eddz

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2012, 02:54:51 AM »
Dr. Dre and rap seem like two old friends that haven't seen each other in years. It's awkward as hell and they just can't click and are forcing their "friendship".

I don't see the point of getting a Dre feature without him producing the track. Dre's never been known for his MC skills so it's just pointless. Do the new generation of rap fans still even know who Dr. Dre is?

BIGWORM

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:11 AM »
Man what is it going to take for people to realize this dude is the most over rated producer ever. Detox will never drop because he has no clue on what direction to go with it. Yes he did a lot of great things in the past, but that was then this is now. Nobody from the old school is trying to hear Dr.Dre with these new faggot ass rappers.

bigdave

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 08:26:09 AM »
I find it depressing that Dre changes his flow up all the time now.

I still play both Chronic LP's so I cant hate.
Im sure he'll come back with the product at some point.

The_Offence

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 08:37:36 AM »
This dude tries so hard to flow hard, we all know it's ghost written verse but now he not even rapping on his own beats.  Who the fuck wants to hear a 50 year old Dre rap about maybachs and guns (from the 3 kings track), shit sounds wack as fuck.  Same thing on the Recipe track, dude rapping Lamar's flow is pathetic, dude just sounds stupid.  WHen he raps he sounds like he constipated trying to force out a massive shit (Detox)

what do you expect ? this nigga is old as shit! dre is just as wack as the dude in your sig. snoop dogg  ;D nigga fell off 5 years ago. all these old ass west coast niggas are trash now anyways. NIPSEY, TDE, DOM KENNEDY NIGGA thats whats gawning. these old niggas is washed up and played out.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:42:06 AM by The_Offence »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 09:03:08 AM »
Dre should just stick to his own flow he's known for from classic albums like "Chronic" and "2001" - nowadays, he sounds just stupid trying to mimic flow of every rapper he's got song with... ::)

He never had his own flow.

macadomusic

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
I thought Dre's verse was cool. Its a trip to see how passionate the hate is for Dre but Yall lettin a lot of these new wack niccas slide. Just seems weird to me

Sccit

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:36 PM »
Dre should just stick to his own flow he's known for from classic albums like "Chronic" and "2001" - nowadays, he sounds just stupid trying to mimic flow of every rapper he's got song with... ::)

He never had his own flow.

he mighta never had his "own flow", but the flows he went with were consistent...he didnt sound like he was experimenting on every track, like he's been doin lately. most of his shit sounded cohesive on up until recently. thats the main problem. he should just hire 1 ghost writer and stick with him...maybe get Hittman back up in the mix or DOC. even Eminem. having rappers like Rick Ross ghost write ya shit aint a good look when u a west coast legend.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
the problem is dre is trying to stay relavant and catch the non hip hop fan who picks up the odd rap album now and then.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

dnjp4life

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 12:21:01 PM »

Is this like the 1000th thread discussin how hard he fell off with his productions and how weird he raps today?

Very true.  Most people seem to forget that he produced and rapped on some of the biggest rap songs of all time.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 12:30:46 PM »
i keep seein' people talk about dre bein' a old man but his age don't matter. black thought is 41 years old and spit better than dudes young enough to be his kids. it's about who is and who ain't writing the best shit for him and how he delivers his vocals (voice be soundin' cray). i'm not a fan of officer ricky at all but the verse he wrote for dre on 3 kings and the way he delivered it, it sounded great. no way am i sayin' i wanna ever hear another collabo from them two. he needs the d.o.c. , grade a musicians, and real artists that are creative and brilliant and to get rid of the yes men.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
he needs the d.o.c. , grade a musicians, and real artists that are creative and brilliant and to get rid of the yes men.

:raisetheroof: :rock: :firedevil: