Author Topic: Sup with the Rage project?  (Read 1114 times)

smp4life

Re: Sup with the Rage project?
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 04:00:46 AM »
Rage can rap her ass off but Necessary Roughness suffered from lack of production/ direction. Premo beats aren't going to cut it. They should have had the second string produce on that, like Sooperfly or something. Microphone Pon Coc was dope.

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »
Rage can rap her ass off but Necessary Roughness suffered from lack of production/ direction. Premo beats aren't going to cut it. They should have had the second string produce on that, like Sooperfly or something. Microphone Pon Coc was dope.

Rage can rap her ass off and that was the main strength of the album. Having said that Big Bad Lady (Rock On) and No Shorts are some of Death Rows finest.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »
but the fact you compared it to DOGGYSTYLE is a laugh and a half

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 12:52:05 PM »

Necessary Roughness = Doggystyle = Dogg Food

wtf? LMAO

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 04:05:58 PM »

wtf? LMAO
exactly what i said lol

Will_B

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »

wtf? LMAO

True stories. Rage is the best spitter in the camp (rivalled only by Kurupts best verses). Doggystyle is party records and funk and radio friendly shit. Dogg Chit is tight rappin and str8 G-shit. Necessary Roughness is a different class of rappin altogether, but i guess doesnt fit the 'West Coast' formular for people. All have their qualities.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 01:04:44 AM »

wtf? LMAO

True stories. Rage is the best spitter in the camp (rivalled only by Kurupts best verses). Doggystyle is party records and funk and radio friendly shit. Dogg Chit is tight rappin and str8 G-shit. Necessary Roughness is a different class of rappin altogether, but i guess doesnt fit the 'West Coast' formular for people. All have their qualities.

Agreed from a lyrical standpoint. From a musical standpoint though, her album comes after those. It's a shame because if she should have dropped after Doggystyle we would not be even having this discussion. Easily in my top 10 DOA MCs

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 04:04:32 AM »

wtf? LMAO

Agreed from a lyrical standpoint. From a musical standpoint though, her album comes after those. It's a shame because if she should have dropped after Doggystyle we would not be even having this discussion. Easily in my top 10 DOA MCs

are you bein serious right now? lol

please list your top 10!

Sccit

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »

wtf? LMAO

There are thousands of CDs that are lyrically better than "doggystyle"... As far as production value goes, it's not even close. Rages album was a disappointment. While its not a bad album, it's nowhere near classic. I'd say it's good, but if it came out when it was supposed to, it woulda been much better from a production standpoint.  

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
yeah Rage's album was full of WACK beats with a few dope songs sprinkled in  (microphone pon cock, big bad lady etc)

that Snoop/Daz song was wack because we heard the sample used MUCH better that same year by Notorious BIG on Long Kiss

Will_B

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »

wtf? LMAO

There are thousands of CDs that are lyrically better than "doggystyle"... As far as production value goes, it's not even close. Rages album was a disappointment. While its not a bad album, it's nowhere near classic. I'd say it's good, but if it came out when it was supposed to, it woulda been much better from a production standpoint.  

Doggystyle being a classic record doesn't automatically make it a masterpiece.

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 12:22:13 PM »
your analogy is weak.
u basicaly try to evaluate Rage's album as classic/"better than Doggysytle" objectively or soemthing (because the lyrics were dope),
even tho ur just using ur own subjectivity as a blueprint (which isnt relevant).

ur stupid

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

lol...i dunno what ur doing on this forum if u dont realize the importance of "doggystyle" to west coast hip-hop.

Will_B

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

lol...i dunno what ur doing on this forum if u dont realize the importance of "doggystyle" to west coast hip-hop.

I never said Doggystyle wasn't a classic.

Is Dogg Food considered a classic anywhere other than amongst genre fans? Not all great albums fall under the spotlight.

Rage = slept on. Thats my point.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 12:54:51 PM »
^okay,   :)
good for u, now kill ur incohesive rambling & "Seven samurai"-comparisons,  n go make a thread bout how much u think the new Rick Ross-album is lyrical.
ur hiphop-related opinions & attempts at "knowin-what-ur-talkin-about" are as meaningful/retarded as MekkanRefugee's

« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:00:30 PM by OG Michael Madsen »