Author Topic: One hit wonder Domino  (Read 878 times)

2euce 7even

Re: One hit wonder Domino
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 06:28:30 AM »
yeah snoop and domino were feuding even before snoop went nationwide. they were in the early forms of "foesum" together back in the day but domino left and snoop and foesum dissed him in let em understand perfection as early as 90-91 i think. it's funny since now foesum and domino are touring together (they'll be in france soon lol)

"Perfection Is Perfected So Let Em Understand" NuthinŽBut A G Thang

But At The Same Time, He Was On A Skit On "Doggystyle" LP, Who Did It Happen?

Fraxxx

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 07:22:13 AM »
"Domino's in the house" was the shit! 8)
i donŽt need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Soopahigh

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:04:25 AM »
yeah snoop and domino were feuding even before snoop went nationwide. they were in the early forms of "foesum" together back in the day but domino left and snoop and foesum dissed him in let em understand perfection as early as 90-91 i think. it's funny since now foesum and domino are touring together (they'll be in france soon lol)

But At The Same Time, He Was On A Skit On "Doggystyle" LP, Who Did It Happen?

I don't think he is on any skit on Doggystyle...which one ???

bouli77

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »

that's a pun on the song i was talking about and the fact that he left the group Perfection (foesum at the time) cause they already had a formula. by the way foesum's in the video nuthing but a g thang, that's t-dubb undoing the girl's bra when they play beach volley.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUAIGFHt0uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cUAIGFHt0uE</a>

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »

that's a pun on the song i was talking about and the fact that he left the group Perfection (foesum at the time) cause they already had a formula. by the way foesum's in the video nuthing but a g thang, that's t-dubb undoing the girl's bra when they play beach volley.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cUAIGFHt0uE" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cUAIGFHt0uE</a>

it's crazy how alot of lesser known groups all hung around each other.(foesum,twinz,DPG,warren g) and they hardly did music together. back then it was more of tryna have your own sound. and now we follow other sounds.

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
it all boils down to death row not allowing their artists to collaborate at will... cause The Twinz are featured on Perfection, Foesum is featured on Conversation, Soopafly produced on Conversation, it's just that dpg's and snoop's hands were tied by suge.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 06:52:27 PM »
2 words as to why Domino did not blow up. NATE DOGG

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:10 PM »
I have Domino on cassette tape. Its very special to me

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 12:41:06 AM »
i think warren g is a bit better... i would compare him to half dead, very limited skills on the mic, with very limited things to say... which doesn't mean he didn't make good songs, but that wasn't thanks to his skills.

Domino was dope as fuck....you had to be there tho...

sorry but no. he had his time, which i understand cause i love his shit, his singing style and the beats he was rapping on. but you don't have to have been there at the time to tell whether or not he has talent. to fully comprehend his possible impact and what he brought to the table, yes, to be able to tell he was dope, no.

Half dead is much better than domino. Half dead's lyrics might be simple like dominos, but half dead can rap better than domino, and half dead can actually sing, and not just rhyme melodies like domino. Anybody can do that. Not to mention that domino has a weeny voice, while half dead's voice is dope.
I only liked dominos first album because of the battlecat beats, which were dope, but besides that i dont care for domino at all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 12:43:57 AM by ironmike »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
it all boils down to death row not allowing their artists to collaborate at will... cause The Twinz are featured on Perfection, Foesum is featured on Conversation, Soopafly produced on Conversation, it's just that dpg's and snoop's hands were tied by suge.

There's that Twinz joint that says... "T-Dubb hooked it up/ so you know it got a st8 bump/ A typical day, on the Eastside a lot of Bustaz (something) and Muslims slangin bean pies".

So was T-Dubb co-producing with Warren?   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 08:28:43 AM »

Soopafly produced Conversation?  I thought Warren did?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 03:22:48 PM »
nah soopafly produced a joint on Conversation (the least good by the way), "4 eyez 2 headz", typical heavy-bass soopafly production.

bouli77

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:13 PM »
i think warren g is a bit better... i would compare him to half dead, very limited skills on the mic, with very limited things to say... which doesn't mean he didn't make good songs, but that wasn't thanks to his skills.

Domino was dope as fuck....you had to be there tho...

sorry but no. he had his time, which i understand cause i love his shit, his singing style and the beats he was rapping on. but you don't have to have been there at the time to tell whether or not he has talent. to fully comprehend his possible impact and what he brought to the table, yes, to be able to tell he was dope, no.

Half dead is much better than domino. Half dead's lyrics might be simple like dominos, but half dead can rap better than domino, and half dead can actually sing, and not just rhyme melodies like domino. Anybody can do that. Not to mention that domino has a weeny voice, while half dead's voice is dope.

I only liked dominos first album because of the battlecat beats, which were dope, but besides that i dont care for domino at all.

maybe not much better... but yeah Half Dead's singing skills are better than domino's, actually better than his own rapping skills lol. but as rapper half dead is very limited too imo, which don't mean his two lps aren't westcoast classics. the only song i was ever impressed with as far as his flow is concerned was "hood life", that's my shit. he does have a dope voice too.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
didnt domino rap on some bangin ox wax shit too

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
yeah he did, he drops a tight verse on steady dippin (album version) by the way