Author Topic: D12 >>>>>>>>> Slaughterhouse  (Read 810 times)

Lucifuge

Re: D12 >>>>>>>>> Slaughterhouse
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
Devills night got 10 bangers, album is dope for me, beter than both SH album's
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
Devills night got 10 bangers, album is dope for me, beter than both SH album's

10 bangers??  do we have the same CD here?  :eh:

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 10:21:37 AM »
Individually everyone in SH shits on D-12 (outside of Em in his prime of course)

Proof > Ortiz, Budden

i never would have said this before Mood Muzik 4 came out...but Joe Budden > Proof

one thing Proof has on all of Slaughterhouse was he was an AMAZING live preformer but Proof in the studio didn't always equal amazingness for some reason.  Sometimes his voice sounded weird on D12 songs and it was disappointing knowing he was far more talented than Kuniva or Kon Artis but yet he didn't always prove it like Em did on every d12 song.

bouli77

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns</a>

anyway they're being compared cause D-12 is Eminem's group and SH are on Shady and their album is overseen by Eminem, simple as that.

i just watched ALL the videos in your sig

it was AWESOME!!

glad you liked it (if you were being serious)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
I mean, it's not really an identity crisis. Notice you said Skylar Grey was on the hook. That's your big point. What part of "Our House" or "Rescue Me" wasn't Slaughterhouse? The lyrics? The message? Stop looking at the fact Shady spiced it up to make it appealing to more audiences. To me it's just retarded that you'd view the song as amazing if you kept everything identical but replaced Skylar with Royce rapping the hook. Like it's just closed minded to me. Pac had bitches singing hooks. The difference is you didn't know them & it wasn't Madonna.

They had a girl on "Killaz" on the debut whose name I'll probably never care about knowing, but nobody said shit. But the exact same song with Rhianna as the girl would be a "problem". I just don't understand. Eminem had that girl who featured on "Superman" & shit & those are classics. But he does "I Love The Way You Lie" with a more poppish beat & a big time pop star, but lyrically is more on point than any other mainstream song you can name & it's "selling out".

I have no problem with females on hooks in general...

Skylar Grey is not the problem.  I like Skylar Grey, I actually thought "I Need A Doctor" was a classic.  But Dre and Em both brought a lot to that track, conceptually and lyrically.  "Rescue Me" was one of only three tracks I actually liked on the album.  But "Rescue Me" was dope ONLY because of Skylar Grey.  It wasn't really a collaborative effort.  And like Sccit was saying, Slaughterhouse doesn't have good chemistry.  

Skylar Grey usually pre-records those tracks.  Just like there is an original Skylar Grey joint of "Love The Way You Lie".  Those tracks get turned into the label and they pay Skylar Grey to use those songs.  So they take a song that was originally hers and turn it into something else.

So while "Rescue Me" is a good song, it's not good because of Slaughterhouse.  Slaughterhouse really added nothing significant to the track.  Skylar Grey already had a great song before she even turned it over to them, and they failed to add anything worthwhile to the song.  They didn't screw it up, but didn't add anything either.

...Also I just used Skylar Grey as a metaphor for the overall sound of the album.  It's not a bad sound, but I fail to see any chemistry or synergy between the overall sound, production, melody of the album and the Slaughterhouse identity as hardcore underground emcee's.    

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:20:41 AM by Abdul-Infinite & Mekkan Refugee »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
See now I have to call you out for just trolling. "Slaughterhouse added nothing to that song". Nigga please.

What did any member of D-12 add to any song that they made? Kuniva occasionally came through with a dope verse, but you listened to a D-12 song for Proof & Eminem.

Blood$

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
See now I have to call you out for just trolling. "Slaughterhouse added nothing to that song". Nigga please.

What did any member of D-12 add to any song that they made? Kuniva occasionally came through with a dope verse, but you listened to a D-12 song for Proof & Eminem.

he was trolling for that remark about INAD being "classic" too... GTFOHWTBS lol

Swifty McVey was dope too, and yes Kuniva as well

Proof's solo album was cool too, I still own it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 01:05:46 PM »
Oh yeah, complete joke.

Proof's album was actually a little disappointing to me. Only because I held him in such high regard.

But "Forgive Me" & "Kurt Kobain" are classics for me.

Remedy360

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »

I can agree with that, but as a group I just thought they sounded better together than the SH guys. Again, I like the SH members as solo artists but I just feel like as a group they've been all hype without a whole lot to back it up.

Sccit

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 02:36:22 PM »

I can agree with that, but as a group I just thought they sounded better together than the SH guys. Again, I like the SH members as solo artists but I just feel like as a group they've been all hype without a whole lot to back it up.

pretty simple concept, which stays goin over simple heads

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 03:21:59 PM »
D-12 and Slumberhouse are both wack if you ask me.

But at least D-12 had a few stand outs in Em and Proof.

Slumberhouse is just 4 guys who were drowning in a sea of mediocrity and are using each other to keep a float.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »

Slumberhouse is just 4 guys who were drowning in a sea of mediocrity and are using each other to keep a float.
:grumpy:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

I can accept that as your view. I don't see it as a ridiculous way to think. But I mean, take Eminem out of the equation & it isn't even close. Eminem kept a lot of those songs together because he came in & just tore shit down. We're talking about arguably the greatest rapper of all-time in his prime. That chain of command could play a role in how they sound over a record though. Like you knew what to expect. Slaughterhouse doesn't really have a standout. Doesn't really have a headliner or show stealer. Sometimes Joe kills it, sometimes Crooked owns it. Sometimes Royce owns it. I see Slaughterhouse for what they say outside of the production & sound around it because Hip Hop after all is an art form designed off what you say.

There aren't many D-12 songs I think off the top of my head that I can go back & bump that don't feature Eminem. "The Good Die Young" off "D-12 World". But then I honestly can't name you another one lol.

But this thread did get me in the mood to go back & bump song old D-12 joints.

Remedy360

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »

I can accept that as your view. I don't see it as a ridiculous way to think. But I mean, take Eminem out of the equation & it isn't even close. Eminem kept a lot of those songs together because he came in & just tore shit down. We're talking about arguably the greatest rapper of all-time in his prime. That chain of command could play a role in how they sound over a record though. Like you knew what to expect. Slaughterhouse doesn't really have a standout. Doesn't really have a headliner or show stealer. Sometimes Joe kills it, sometimes Crooked owns it. Sometimes Royce owns it. I see Slaughterhouse for what they say outside of the production & sound around it because Hip Hop after all is an art form designed off what you say.

There aren't many D-12 songs I think off the top of my head that I can go back & bump that don't feature Eminem. "The Good Die Young" off "D-12 World". But then I honestly can't name you another one lol.

But this thread did get me in the mood to go back & bump song old D-12 joints.

Yeah I don't disagree that Em carried the majority of the work, to me the music just came out better overall.

Portugoal

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DlK1ughUIns</a>

anyway they're being compared cause D-12 is Eminem's group and SH are on Shady and their album is overseen by Eminem, simple as that.

i just watched ALL the videos in your sig

it was AWESOME!!

glad you liked it (if you were being serious)

of course i wasn't serious. you're the reason people turn off signatures. :p