Author Topic: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)  (Read 1288 times)

Mistah Wilson

• Lil Geezy
Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive? (Right now)
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 01:21:18 PM »
absolutely not. he's been out this long and i still cant figure out what sets him apart from any other mc

www.soundcloud.com/thabing this kid is dope!

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Is Kendrick Lamar the best rapper alive?
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.

Dude, I can name guys in the WEST who are better than Masta ace, Ghostface RIGHT NOW. One is on my SIG.

Really? I don't have sigs on but Masta Ace dropped one of the best albums I've heard this year.

And Fash, Blu, and Thurz are simply not on Kendrick's level. Boy Meets World is a classic, but is it Section 80 or even OD for that matter? No way.

imo Boy Meets World is better than Section 80. Below the Heavens is obviously better than Section 80, not just imo but from a world-wide perspective. Its considered an underground classic and Section 80 isn't. And LA Riot (which you haven't listened to and should) is better as well.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
All the time Nas, Rakim, Ghostface, Masta Ace etc. are still alive, then no he's not.

Dude, I can name guys in the WEST who are better than Masta ace, Ghostface RIGHT NOW. One is on my SIG.

Really? I don't have sigs on but Masta Ace dropped one of the best albums I've heard this year.

And Fash, Blu, and Thurz are simply not on Kendrick's level. Boy Meets World is a classic, but is it Section 80 or even OD for that matter? No way.

imo Boy Meets World is better than Section 80. Below the Heavens is obviously better than Section 80, not just imo but from a world-wide perspective. Its considered an underground classic and Section 80 isn't. And LA Riot (which you haven't listened to and should) is better as well.
I was thinking more on a lyrical standpoint. Masta Ace is always dope and so is Ghostface but guys like Blu, Locksmith, Crooked, Thurz are killing shit right now IMO.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:08:42 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

dnjp4life

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2012, 02:31:36 AM »
As long as Eminem is still dropping verses then the answer is no.

doggfather

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 02:42:27 AM »

or common for example, and the list goes on, goes on.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

PLANT

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »

GKMC will be better than any Eminem release since MMLP, Im sure of it.....As for Common, go listen to some Kendrick songs like "Faith", or "The Heart, Part 2"....Those to me are "Common" type songs that Kendrick storytelling is on another level. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:30 PM »

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »
dude is a breath of fresh air in hip hop, just what we need, I have a feeling album is gonna be amazing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

PLANT

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2012, 01:50:38 PM »
dude is a breath of fresh air in hip hop, just what we need, I have a feeling album is gonna be amazing.
Im anticipating a classic.  And you're right about the breath of fresh air. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:20 PM »

I was thinking more on a lyrical standpoint. Masta Ace is always dope and so is Ghostface but guys like Blu, Locksmith, Crooked, Thurz are killing shit right now IMO.

Ace dropped a concept album about his mother. I don't see Crooked I dropping anything as lyrical as that.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »

Ace dropped a concept album about his mother. I don't see Crooked I dropping anything as lyrical as that.
Dropping a conceptual album does not mean you're more lyrical haha. A Concept is ONLY an idea or construction. This has nothing to do with lyricism.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2012, 04:43:32 AM »
Yes  8)
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

Quadruple OG

« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2012, 05:40:25 PM »

On point with this one.

BabyBird

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
can anybody give me a review of swimming pool?  >:(