Author Topic: Good Kid m.A.A.d City Snippets  (Read 2087 times)

teecee

Re: Good Kid m.A.A.d City Snippets
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 08:52:29 PM »
Love that Illegal joint ironMike. But wow, all you've heard from Kendrick is these snippets and our saying he ain't shit?  Check Section 80 man. Kendrick has a unique style, real lyricism, good storytelling ability, and was getting major buzz long before Dre signed him. No, he isn't gonna go platinum or maybe even gold, but he makes quality music and will probably sell 300,000 or so when all is said and done

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
hell yeah, i gotta save sum money for your math and reading tutor
Bullshit your just broke and cant afford anymore. Plus i guarantee iam smarter than you. I do wear glasses after all.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:46:07 PM by KrazySumwhat »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »
i'd be shocked if Arthur knew math

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »
 Spose its possible he couldn't handle more than two 40's also might be too much?

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 02:18:55 AM »
Love that Illegal joint ironMike. But wow, all you've heard from Kendrick is these snippets and our saying he ain't shit?  Check Section 80 man. Kendrick has a unique style, real lyricism, good storytelling ability, and was getting major buzz long before Dre signed him. No, he isn't gonna go platinum or maybe even gold, but he makes quality music and will probably sell 300,000 or so when all is said and done

section 80 is boring i try to bump it the other day and after 4 song i had turn it off cuz i was sleeping walking :)

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2012, 02:57:03 AM »
why hasnt it leaked yet?

Okka

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 04:34:56 AM »
Kendrick always has something substantial to say and i think some of people here probably don't even understand english so good that they could understand what he spittin' about. I love the beats on "Section.80", but they really ain't for everybody. There's only a couple of snippets on "GKMC" that actually have the same type of beats though and i figured that would happen when i heard that Kendrick signed with Aftermath and Insterscope Records. Iovine is all about that money.

bouli77

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »
dropping an independent album and dropping a highly anticipated debut supervised by Dr. Dre is a very different exercise. needless to say there is much more pressure for the latter and the need to cater to current trends (more or less) to expect decent record sales for the label to recoup the money invested. must be hard for kendrick to juggle between sticking to his current style and vision and anticipating the label's wants. i'm sure it's gonna make kendrick's shit sound much less authentic and spontaneous and I think Dre's aware of that (that may be the reason he is always struggling to finish off projects) but the extracts we've been getting so far are promising. i think they've reached a compromise.

section .80 was very dope, and I don't think i'll enjoy GKMC as much even production wise (i really liked the sound of S.80) but it should be at least decent, i don't have very high expectations for this anyway (i'm not expectng a very cohesive project but i know kendrick will deliver)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 10:41:39 AM »

section 80 is boring i try to bump it the other day and after 4 song i had turn it off cuz i was sleeping walking :)

i agree...section 80 had a "queer" as in weird, unoorthodox, type of sound that i did not enjoy one bit...i prefer the snippets of gkmc over section 80 :D