Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)  (Read 10469 times)

PLANT

Re: Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City (Official Discussion)
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »
havent peeped it yet, but why are peeps callin it his debut when he came out with "Section 80" ... it may be his major debut, but it aint his debut album.

and he had another album before that also.
"O.D." Overly Dedicated

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
havent peeped it yet, but why are peeps callin it his debut when he came out with "Section 80" ... it may be his major debut, but it aint his debut album.

Yea, but that was a mixtape, no?

PLANT

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 05:54:36 PM »

Yea, but that was a mixtape, no?
might be classified as a mixtape, but its an album.  its not hosted by any djs and the songs are quality.  "Average Joe" and "The Heart Part 2" are two of my favorite Kendrick songs

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »
some of the production and sounds of this album remind me of the way the early outkast albums sounded, especially ATLiens......Kendrick sounds great over all these beats.

Dude, I swear I was thinking the same shit when I first heard the tracks. It literally reminded me of Outkast.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:11:15 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2012, 06:13:02 PM »
This is it guys! There is no denying that this dude put the West and Hip Hop in generall back on the map. Section80 was my favorite album of last year and I thought it will be very hard to top it. I'm really impressed how he gained the respect of almost every sort of "hip hop fan". It's not like he's only liked by backpackers or west coast fanatics. That's what makes him such a unique artist. Will bump it one more time from start to finish RIGHT NOW.

Congratulations Kendrick!

PLANT

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
"Sing About Me" just proves that Kendrick really is the best rapper out right now.  Im sorry, but nobody is fucking with those verses.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »
Only thing missing was a Black Hippy track. The sound is so clear and smooth. The miixing was flawless.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:28:56 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

PLANT

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »
Im really feeling the extended version of Swimming Pools also with the beat switch up at the end

aerroc

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »

he had more then that but dont expect the band wagon jumpers to know that when he really blows

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:39 PM »
Yeah, with the Andre 3000 thing, I think Kendrick sounds too much like Andre.  The first song I heard by him -- The Recipe -- I noticed it right away and posted it here http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=284260.msg2840257#msg2840257

I haven't listened to this yet, but this guy just isn't my cup of tea -- too derivative of Andre 3000.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2012, 10:44:38 PM »
Yeah, with the Andre 3000 thing, I think Kendrick sounds too much like Andre.  The first song I heard by him -- The Recipe -- I noticed it right away and posted it here http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=284260.msg2840257#msg2840257

I haven't listened to this yet, but this guy just isn't my cup of tea -- too derivative of Andre 3000.

do you like eminem? do you like big pun?

do you like jay z? do you like nas?

all these niggaz sound like the dudes before them so i dont understand that theory. 3 stacks been arouund long enough for another new rapper to have "SOME" of his style. or to have rubbed off some.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2012, 11:08:37 PM »
Wow, I'm blown away. Little K.Dot did it!!!!

Incredible album. Well executed from top to bottom, production, lyrics, sequencing, concepts... Jay Rock and Drake killed it, too.

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
dope album so far, really cant belive its this good. exceed my expectations and will def buy when it comes out.
gonna check out K.Dot tomorrow at the fox theater in pomona. peace out

will upload videos and reviews later.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:16:56 PM by 187_skillz »
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:28 PM »
honestly if it slaps hard, im probably gonna buy it
The West is Back

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ