Author Topic: Dr. Dre’s ‘Detox’ To Be Released As An EP?  (Read 1259 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dr. Dre’s ‘Detox’ To Be Released As An EP?
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »
Just a couple of days ago, we reported that Dr. Dre has been working with Trent Reznor on some undisclosed project for his Beats By Dre product line. That came as a good excuse to remind fans that Dre’s third LP Detox has been in the works for over ten years now, with few hints that it could be close to completion, but no solid release date. Recently, an interview with 50 Cent (who is set to be featured on Detox) provided a somewhat distressing update on the album’s current status.

As Rolling Stone reports, 50 Cent was interviewed in France while promoting his line of SMS Audio headphones; when asked about whether “Detox will be out one day”, 50 Cent sighed and answered:  ”I don’t know if [Dre]‘s even excited to do it now.” He continued, stating: “Last time I was in Los Angeles, he was actually in the studio, working on something else. So I’m not sure if he’s going to actually release a full CD or if he wants to just release the music that he’s comfortable with. He might do an EP or something like that – five or six songs.” Watch the segment of the interview below, around the 7:29 mark:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/feGym41O7z4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/feGym41O7z4</a>
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Suga Foot

Re: Dr. Dre’s ‘Detox’ To Be Released As An EP?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:05:28 PM »
motherfucker

Jimmy H.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
Oh man!  I can feel people's blood pressure going up.  Truthfully, he should put out some kind of project to tide people and test the waters while we continue to wait on this thing.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:36 PM »
I Don't Believe in 50 Cent . . . never .

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
An EP would be good... so in case it's not all that great, at least doesn't mess up his run of great albums

jman91331

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »
The last EPs I remember him producing were 100 miles & runnin & the Relapse refill those were both good so why not?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:38:27 AM by jman91331 »

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 07:59:17 PM »
lmao nobody cares about this interview.

dameons

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 08:46:13 PM »
There's a pic of Dre out where he looks like he is on his death bed..Looks very sickly  . He looks like he has aids...

dameons

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
damn Dre lookin' like Tom Hanks in Philadelphia... don't tell me he caught the package... or maybe he on chemotherapy?

Mietek23

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 05:55:30 AM »
The truth is - nobody know what's going on with "Detox", even Dr. Dre.

When I've asked Snoop about it - his body language spoke for itself, you will se for youself when the interview drops.

The excitement for it is long gone, trust me on that.

Matty

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 05:58:06 AM »
mini masterpiece :monkey_dance2:

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 07:11:16 AM »
it ain't comin' out. thank to all you beats by dre headphone coppin' muthafuckas he ain't droppin' it.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

pixtr

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:53 AM »
It could be even funny that after 13 years Dre release album with 6 or 7 tracks.

Mr. Theo

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
wow

maybe Dr Dre it is on the end of the road .

very strange

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF