Author Topic: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”  (Read 1615 times)

aerroc

WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
fuck this dude

And the saga continues for rapper Shyne and his string of crabby-like comments. After aiming his crosshairs at Rick Ross, 50 Cent, Drake and Barack Obama weeks ago, the rapper now has his eye on Compton lyricist Kendrick Lamar and his new album. Despite the universal acclaim that’s been attached to K. Dot’s good kid, m.A.A.d city LP, Shyne doesn’t feel the same. In fact, he’s calling it “trash.”

Taking to his Twitter last night (October 23), Po vented some of his frustration with the former XXL Freshman’s major-label debut. “Yoooo! Kendrick Lamar is talented with a lot of potential but his album is traaaaash!” This was one of many tweets bashing the album. “When did honest become hating? I expected doggy style or the chronic. I got a product that was trash,” he continued.

“I’m inspired by other people’s greatness, it makes me work harder. I looked forward to hearing an instant classik from good kid. Trash!”

This comes as the aforementioned album continues to receive praise from critics, even garnering XXL’s prestigious distinction of “XXL.” While the album is currently in stores, Shyne is also prepping his forthcoming comeback album. —XXL (@XXL)

MarshColin

Re: WTF Shyne Calls Kendrick Lamar’s Debut Album “Trash”
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
Shyne's just been running his mouth a lot lately. Dude can't make good music so he's gotta draw attention to himself by doing shit like this. At the end of the day he's never gonna be remembered for being a dope rapper. He'll forever be known as the dude that shot up a club when he was hanging with Puffy. Meanwhile Kendrick dropped one of this most critically acclaimed rap albums of its time. Shyne will never be able to say that.

aerroc

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »
Shyne's just been running his mouth a lot lately. Dude can't make good music so he's gotta draw attention to himself by doing shit like this. At the end of the day he's never gonna be remembered for being a dope rapper. He'll forever be known as the dude that shot up a club when he was hanging with Puffy. Meanwhile Kendrick dropped one of this most critically acclaimed rap albums of its time. Shyne will never be able to say that.

100% true xxl even gave him a good rating

Source: XXL Magazine

Jaeki Cho (@jaekicho) writes a beautiful review calling Kendrick’s album a “future classic…”  Mr. Cho then goes into a walk-through of the details of the album with vivid clarity and diction.

Every record is both complexly arranged and sonically fitting, foregrounding Kendrick’s vivid lyricism and amazing control of cadence.

It’s an undeniably stellar major label debut from Kendrick Lamar, which will certainly hurt the self-esteem of many rappers out now while also inspiring them to reach these heights.

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:13 PM »
Yeah, but they also gave XXL to these albums as well -

The College Dropout by Kanye West
Late Registration by Kanye West
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West

So I don't know if an XXL is really a "prestigious distinction" if they hand one out to Kanye on almost every album he puts out...

aerroc

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

So I don't know if an XXL is really a "prestigious distinction" if they hand one out to Kanye on almost every album he puts out...

cant stand that fucker Kanye West but seeing him on that list means he going to make it Commercial wise biggest thing in the west since game and snoop

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »
SMH thats where shyne fucked up! he expected the g-funk shit! im glad kendrick is breaking the mold. i can assure you a NEW ERA of westcoast hip hop music. TDE brining in a new great wave.

Remedy360

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 04:41:58 PM »
Lol, Shyne is fucking irrelevent and has been for years. This means nothing.

iDontTrip

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »
 :catfight:

its his opinion  ::)
opinion
   [uh-pin-yuhn]
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.

2euce 7even

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 11:23:36 PM »
Fuck Shyne

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »

It means as much as anyones opinion.  For whatever thats worth.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:41:49 AM »
Shynes always been a little off the cuff.. but that's also why he's dope
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 01:12:03 AM »

For real, son was so washed when he came out of the Pen

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 01:18:04 AM »
shyne's entitled to his opinion...and while he's off by sayin kendrick's album was "trash", i can understand where he's comin from.

lmao@some kendrick fan in here actually said "shyne wants g-funk beats"...horrible

HighEyeCue

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:44 AM »
Shyne wants an album that sounds like 20 years ago...about the last time he was relevant