Author Topic: Xzibit Feat E-40 "Up Out The Way" Video  (Read 324 times)

KWayz

• Muthafuckin' Don!

doggfather

Re: Xzibit Feat E-40 "Up Out The Way" Video
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:21:22 PM »
finally!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
dope.. i dont really like the singles in comparison to the rest of the album, but shit still slaps

Dee Parker

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »
After this album IMO he's officially underrated the early days + years of pimp my ride + new album = Career any and everybody wish they could have.

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 02:18:03 PM »
After this album IMO he's officially underrated the early days + years of pimp my ride + new album = Career any and everybody wish they could have.

Xzibit has ALWAYS been one of the most underrated rappers in the game..

Remedy360

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 02:40:13 PM »

He has a very solid discography, unfortunately I think that the whole Pimp My Ride stint hurt people's perception of him. Granted, he was probably relatively slept on before that, but I feel like a lot of casual fans have the goofy dude from Pimp My Ride as their lasting image of Xzibit as opposed to someone whose made quality music for most of his career.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »

He has a very solid discography, unfortunately I think that the whole Pimp My Ride stint hurt people's perception of him. Granted, he was probably relatively slept on before that, but I feel like a lot of casual fans have the goofy dude from Pimp My Ride as their lasting image of Xzibit as opposed to someone whose made quality music for most of his career.

Pimp My Ride actually got him more in the mainstream eye.. But I get what u sayin bout the perception thing. He was underrated well before the Pimp My Ride years, tho

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 10:55:37 PM »
that shit is cool, dope video

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:04:31 AM »

Pimp My Ride actually got him more in the mainstream eye.. But I get what u sayin bout the perception thing. He was underrated well before the Pimp My Ride years, tho

the pimp my ride thing was the end of his career IMO. not because of the perception thing, just because it seemed as if he put his career on hold to do other stuff like acting. Restless was supposed to be the rise to stardom, that's where he reached mainstream status and became a household name in rap (even though it's clearly not his better album), but he didn't follow with strong releases and he released half assed albums after that. the period post Restless was kind of weird for the westcoast though, everything was ebbing when it was supposed to be a second coming. Idk if Xzibit is underrated though, i'd say the public in general have a wrong idea of him, just like they have a wrong idea of Kurupt (who is far lesser known) and bug when you say that Kurupt is a dope lyricist cause they only know him for "Xxxplosive" but Xzibit is easily one of the most famous and iconic westcoast figures in the game. If you ask people to mention 10 westcoast rappers I bet his name would come most of the time.

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 03:06:57 PM »

the pimp my ride thing was the end of his career IMO. not because of the perception thing, just because it seemed as if he put his career on hold to do other stuff like acting. Restless was supposed to be the rise to stardom, that's where he reached mainstream status and became a household name in rap (even though it's clearly not his better album), but he didn't follow with strong releases and he released half assed albums after that. the period post Restless was kind of weird for the westcoast though, everything was ebbing when it was supposed to be a second coming. Idk if Xzibit is underrated though, i'd say the public in general have a wrong idea of him, just like they have a wrong idea of Kurupt (who is far lesser known) and bug when you say that Kurupt is a dope lyricist cause they only know him for "Xxxplosive" but Xzibit is easily one of the most famous and iconic westcoast figures in the game. If you ask people to mention 10 westcoast rappers I bet his name would come most of the time.

yea, taking that break sorta hurt him...but "man vs machine" was actually pretty good, and while "full circle" and "weapons of mass destruction" arent some of his best, they had some good cuts on 'em. overall, he has one of the better catalogues of west coast rappers still active. his first 3 are classic in my book. "at the speed" and "40 dayz" for lyricism, and "restless" for the production-value.

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 08:15:55 AM »
I like the song & the video.